2015 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I keep hearing the boards are going to close, so I thought some of us might want to share our words (if you've chosen one) for 2015 before they're gone.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I am choosing the word "grounded" which is defined as:

"used to describe a person who is sensible and has a good understanding of what is really important in life"

As counter parts, I'm also keeping the words balanced and centered in the forefront of my mind, so I guess a trio.

DD22 will be graduating college in May and getting married in mid-August.
DD17 (who will be 18 in March) will graduate high school in May and leave for college in late August.
I will begin my 30th year of teaching and enter a retirement option plan.
I'll also continue my journey of exercising and losing weight (although I've done horribly this week).

During all of this, it will be important for me to stay grounded, centered and balanced so I don't go crazy and break apart!

So, what are your thoughts for your "word" this year?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I think this year I will choose the word MYSELF. Not meaning all about me but that I have to start thinking more about me and how to take care of myself (lose weight etc.), learn to organize things better, so no to some things so I can get stuff done. I need to re think how I do our files and to take time to enjoy what I like to do and be with family more.

Sorry if that sounds selfish.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have been thinking of my word for a while.
I decided on balance.

I find that at times I become stressed, rushed and take on too much which leaves me grumpy and exhausted.
At other times I do too little and get bored, have no focus and waste my days.

I am happy with all parts of my life but I want a better balance between them.
I want to space my life, my activities, my relaxation better.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lana, I told my mom the other day, "I've decided someday is now!" I have things I don't use because I'm "saving them," but I decided that if I don't use them now, when will I. I know exactly what you mean about what you said. Having grandchildren gives you a different prospective...wanting to be healthy - or even alive - to see them grow up and be physically able to do things with them. Sometimes we do have to be selfish with our time to be able to take care of ourselves and our families/homes.

Tanya, you stated a lot of what I feel. I'm a "good" time waster and need to find that balance, too, between what I need and want to do and not take on more than I can do in the time I have.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I wasn't planning on having a word for 2015 - I just didn't feel like I needed one.

A couple of days ago, the word "ACTION" popped into my head and that is my word for 2015.

There are a lot of things I need to do and want to do in 2015 and they are not going to happen unless I take "ACTION".

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Announcing my word for 2015.....Shine....... I chose this word for quite a few reasons (a good word has multiple purposes and applies to many aspects of your life) Over the next week or so I will be blogging about my word in more detail and also posting small pictures, quotations, and verses on Facebook that highlight my word. I am also including a motto for 2015..... "Do what makes your soul shine."

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My word is organise. I have a lot to do in the home and at my workplace to get my life running more smoothly.
I want to work on paying my mortgage off( I paid my car off last week), we need new wills and I want to have this house organised properly.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just decided this right now, but I'm going with "Someday". My life is getting ready to change in a big way. I'm getting ready to sale my business after 27 years and I have no idea where my life is going to take me in the next year. But in the mean time, I've had spent alot of time saying "Someday" and that time is now. I want to take some time off and do some of the things I've been wanting to do for a really long time. Household projects, furnish refinishing and most of all, just time to focus on me and breath. I can't imagine what my Christmas will be like next year without having to constantly focus on work first, but I'm really looking forward to it!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, good goals you've set for next year!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wait ~ The boards are going to close? Did I miss something?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Rumors Cindylou, behind the scenes. Making it to our boards on occasion, but I've not heard anything officially. So hang in there...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lisa, great word, we should all choose LOVE.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Lisa, great word, we should all choose LOVE.

Thanks...I am going to try and do all things in love.

Pope Francis just posted on Twitter that people suffer from poverty, but also from the lack of love. I thought that was so insightful.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Interesting words, goals and reasoning.

I've chosen "purge". We're going to be putting new flooring in an area of the house that will be hard to "move out of", and I really need to relieve myself of "stuff". I'm not good at doing that, so baby steps are in order.

Wishing everyone a successful 2015 journey!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am thinking change. My current word was organized and I did improve in some areas. But some things from this year has catapulted me into change. I need to change they way we do some things as family I need to change eating habits and change things about my self, change stuff in the house....
I love everyone's words.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I am debating between Love and Adventure.