2015 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Maximize (an action word) to make as great as possible

I was thinking I'd use minimize but then decided the word sounded a bit negative so I changed it to maximize.

Maximize my spending habit
Maximize my health
Maximize the space in my house
Maximize my routines

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Good thinking, Diedra! The power of positive, rather than negative thinking! I like it!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Exactly Jane...My whole life has been Someday it seems...so I want to change that starting NOW!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I love seeing all the different words and meanings. Love, Aspire, Pretty, Now, miracles..... and such beautiful reasons for all of them.

I am making changes in my life and big changes in the house. I am excited to see where this year takes me

Lucie-Aspire is one of my key words in my Sorority. I had forgotten if for a while.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am really loving everyone's words.

I am embracing my year of: Extreme Self Care.

It is a learning process and I have a long ways to go but it is feeling amazing going down this road and realizing that I am worthy of taking really really good care of myself and my life.

Annie

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Annie - good for you!! Extreme Self Care is so important.

My word is ACTION and boy, am I taking ACTION in my life. And, it isn't even the end of January!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Makes me Smile to see all these words focusing on what's important to us!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I found that January went by so quickly that I did not have time to focus on my word. Good thing I have 11 more months.!!!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Say what you need to say

Remember how I said if you needed to say something to someone, you should? I didn't necessarily say everything I wanted/needed to to someone earlier this month, but I did spend an extended amount of time talking to the mother of a guy I dated in college.

On Thursday, she had a massive heart attack and died. I'm so thankful I had that time to talk to her and took it. We were both in Walmart, and I'm sure I was probably in a hurry, but that particular day, it seemed important to stop and chat, which we did for about 30 minutes. She was one of the most generous, unselfish people I've ever known.

I was close to all three of her children, not just the guy I dated. My mom and I went to the funeral today and I spent time talking to her youngest son (not the one I dated) whom I haven't seen in 30 years! People and relationships are so important. Don't forget to take time to spend time with people who are important to you. You never know just how long they will be here.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jane, what a lovely reminder, we should all take the time.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Wow, Jane, that's crazy!

I absolutly do believe you should say what you need to say to people.

Never miss an opportunity to tell someone that you love them.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Never miss an opportunity to tell someone that you love them.

Annie

To all of my MHH friends, I love you and I am so grateful to have you in my life.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My word for the year is organise!!! I am a little behind at the moment in the goals that I had set for myself at the beginning of the year.
But I will not stress and panic, we have a lot of the year left and in the end what needs to be done will be done.

How is everyone else going with their words???

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, think of what you HAVE accomplished instead of what you haven't. If you hadn't set any goals at all, you wouldn't have done anything until now.

How am I doing with my word? Hmmm....

Grounded, balanced, centered

Unrealistic expectations easily overtake me. I'm having to really look at what's important and set priorities. Some days I do well. Others, I let too much be put on my plate, then, I am way off kilter and not grounded at all because I get frustrated.

But...I'm working on it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My phrase is Extreme Self Care and it seems I hit one part of it- eating great or working out- but can't pull it all together.

It is a journey and we take it one step at a time. Hopefully by year's end, I will have pulled it all together- but I don't think you can be 100% all the time.

We will accomplish our goals, dreams together!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie, you are quite right. It is a journey, and hopefully by years end we all would have achieved some balance, care, organisation and done that with the support of the friends we have here.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
This is my first year with an annual word and I've chosen Thrift. It's my goal to be more financially healthy especially with the prospective of another move...a really big move...coming up. I know, we just got here but things are going to move swiftly over the next twelve months and we would like to be in the position of having a nice little nest egg built up.

I don't have any definite details but the prospects are good for touring Tuscan vineyards, dancing the flamenco, enjoying a tropical sunset, or eating sushi in the place you most associate with it...yes, our next move is mostly likely overseas! And that, my friends, is why Thrift is my word for 2015.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Wow.....overseas.....that is a big move. I understand why your 2015 word is thrift.

Kelly