2015 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well it has taken me until May to start on my word of the year which is Organise. I have started in the dining room and have tidied every part of it, de cluttered and have it looking just right.
I moved on to the laundry, moved every thing out and really thought about how I was going to use the space. I moved the umbrellas into the coat closet, and put all the dogs things together.

Over the next few weeks I will do every room of the house and really try and get it functioning well but also have it cosy and comfortable.

I have a lot to do in the next few weeks, but as long as I make progress, de clutter and organise as I go and have it finished by years end I will be pleased.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
You can do it, Katrina!!

Keeps us posted on how it goes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Mel. Good thing is we still have a lot of time left in the year.
Bad thing is time is moving very quickly.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Nearly 3/4 of the year gone.
I have been concentrating on my word which is Organize, both here at home and at work. The house is in pretty good shape and next week will start cleaning again with the aim of having the house organized for the Christmas and Summer period.
Would like to gt it all done before the heat hits and I find myself hibernating to try and survive the stifling days of summer.

Will not be long until we are thinking of our words for 2016.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Katrina,

Can't believe it is almost the end of August.

Great idea to get everything done before the heat hits!!

Smart lady!! :)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I love some of these words! Good ones! I've been thinking on mine for months, and have decided on this one as it is the one that keeps coming to mind.

My word for 2015 is: PRETTY.

I tend to be "practical" when it comes to things I purchase. Practical doesn't always look great, though I do try. I have a friend (that I highly respect) who doesn't buy or keep stuff for her home or her person unless she absolutely loves it and makes her life feel pretty. That's how she puts it anyway. Not expensive. Not complicated. Just pretty and pleasant to look at as her budget allows. As I continue to continue to strive for less "stuff" in my life, what remains (in my house and in my wardrobe) I want to be "Pretty".

Now, what around here is ugly that I can get rid of today? :)

I would say I'm in overdrive on this right now -- trying to hit this goal by year-end. :) I love how the single word New Year's Resolution always comes around in the Fall with the start of the holiday ramp-up to nudge us in case we have forgotten! I haven't forgotten!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cindylouwho,
Glad to read that you are in overdrive right now. The change of seasons always gets me motivated to get things done.

Mel, after reading of the hot, hot summer you guys have had, I want to be as prepared as I can be.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Me too. I always feel much more energised with the warmer weather approaching! Summer is MY time! It seems for us in Sydney that Spring is starting on time this year. The increase in daylight is noticeable to me- I love it! Although I don't have trouble with weight- a few lbs slip on over winter and they just magically melt away at the beginning of Spring- I want to have as much done as possible before 30th of November so that I can relax and enjoy the season. DS finishes school for the year then and I want to be out, about, at the beach and in the city just looking rather than the mad panic shopping. I am pretty well on track fr that to happen! I do need to work hard from this week forward but it is certainly doable.