2015 Wrapping Party Dates

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I must have secretly known that there was a wrapping party last week, Although I did not wrap anything- my mind has been thinking about and I have been online searching for ideas for wrapping. I have several things to wrap but nothing to wrap them in. As I do themed wrapping each year this makes it tricky if not organised. This year I will be planning wrapping for 2 years- this year and next. I want to have my theme planned for next year by the end of this year- so that I can get a head start next year. Because DS finishes school late Nov and activities for him finish early Dec- Teacher/ Coach gifts are out early this reduces the mad dash at the end.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did not wrap anything on Sat. but like Tanya must of known because we went to Mt. Vernon and I was dropped at Kohls while the guys went to Wal-Mart and I got some Christmas. On the way home I commented about the closet now holding sewing stuff and I normally put gifts in there and I said we need to wrap these and put in a tote that MHH has wrapping date parties. I have several different things to wrap.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Darn I missed the wrapping party.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Changed my mind will not go into the attic the get the stockings... too hot up there! will put it in some boxes instead.

I did get myself a Christmas ornament from Maine when we went there :)... a lobster :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did not wrap but I looked through my paper, ribbons and tags to check what I may need. I have plenty of wrapping paper for girls but not so much for the boys. As soon as I see paper I must buy some plaid or grey/black/silver for the boys.
I do not follow a theme, I just use what I have in my stash.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I kind of wished sometimes that I did not have a theme. But everyone now expects that I do. I have to admit that it does look pretty and once I get into it- I totally love it. It also makes life very easy late Christmas Eve when putting gifts under the tree. Colour coded wrap helps me in my tired state to get it all together. I find it does make it easy to bulk wrap things that we give to others. Same paper, same ribbon. Easy to have a kind of production line happening. I just wished that I had thought of this in the after Christmas sales last year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I know that the next wrapping party is next Saturday (26th), but I had a bit of time today and the inclination so I wrapped the stocking fillers. The stockings( santa sacks) are all filled and lined up neatly on the bottom of my wardrobe. All are filled right to the top, except for DH, so I will need to get a few more things for his.
Big tick off the list.
Next week will group the gifts and check what I have. I like the kids to receive the same number of gifts so want to just see.

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I like the kids to receive the same number of gifts so want to just see.

Katrina,
You have just given me the biggest giggle and smile. My best friend has 4 sisters so there were 5 girls in the family. Her Mum used to write big master lists of presents for each girl along with the total $ spent on each so she could keep them pretty even in both numbers and $.
Once the girls got older and onto her lists- they used to change the lists and the amount spent- she used to write in pencil and it was easy to rub out. For several years this poor woman thought she was going mad every time she got out her Christmas lists.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh that poor woman.

Often with the $$ value, DS may be ahead of DD or visa versa. I think as long as they open the same amount all is good. My kids get about 20 gifts each( there is just the 2 of them so it stretches out the morning), but the gifts may be as small as a pair of socks or a pack of mini mars bars. They still get one "big" thing and a gift from Santa to share.
I think if I had more children it would be so much harder to organize it all.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yesterday was a wrapping party day..... I was at a lunch with friends so did not get anything done. Tuesday I will bring out my mums gifts and wrap hers.
My mum and I have a date planned for in November for her to come here and help me wrap my families' gifts.

It is getting to the exciting time of the year!!!!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Well I did not get anything wrapped but I am pleased to say that I have finally settled on my wrap colours and themes for both 2015 AND 2016!

So this time next year I will be able to wrap through the year. Now I just need to pick up a wrap storage thing that I will keep it in to eneble me to separate this years from next years. Sometimes I wish that I did not them wrap but one it is all done and under the tree- I m always pleased that I did!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good job Tanya on deciding on a theme. I don't have a theme, I just use what I have and try and co-ordinate ribbons and tags etc.

Have fun wrapping Lucie!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'm thinking ... I will wrap some tomorrow while DS12 is sleeping in the morning!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have finally gotten some wrapping done! About a dozen packages and a few stocking stuffers - paper is on and gift tags are on but will need to "decorate" them still. Right now I have them stacked inside black trash bags and hidden in a storage room upstairs :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This coming Wednesday will be wrapping day at my house. My mum will come and help and we will have a nice lunch and play carols. Should get everything wrapped in one day.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good luck getting it all done, Katrina! Sounds like a fun day!

I'm just trying to get a head start - but I am planning on inviting girl friends over for a wrapping party again this year. Haven't been able to the last couple of years due to the whole house fire nonsense.

We play carols or have Christmas movies on in the background on low - I make some yummy food and we all wear our PJs - read: yoga pants :) etc.

I can't wait! I've really missed that tradition!