2016 - HHP - Week 14 - Storage Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This Week's Household Checklist
  • Organize storage areas. Done
  • Go through Christmas decorations and declutter as needed. Done
  • Make a list of any needed storage containers. Done

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Check for Cyber Monday deals. Done
  • Evaluate where I’m at and what still needs to be done. Done
  • Begin decorating one room at a time.
  • Wrap gifts.
  • Write up detailed Thanksgiving Day To Do list for family. Done
  • Write up what worked/didn’t work this year. Done
Still to do:
  • Write card
What's are you planning on getting done?

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
All storage is organized and where it needs to be, so this week's focus is Christmas preparations!

Holiday Prep Checklist:
decorate- done
continue & possibly finish shopping
finish last 3 cards
baking
wrapping
prepare last package for shipping

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Yep Mel Im with you- my storage areas got done earlier in the plan.

So its Christmas prep for me too.
I have to be mostly finished by the end of this week. Im pretty happy with how Im going.
I do have to sort and wrap all of Luke's items.

On a side note: Any ideas for cleaning/ polishing cutlery. I looked at our everyday set today and they seem really yukky! Water spots from he dishwasher, they seem dull. Preferably the easier the better. I have used powder cleaner before which works but Im hoping for something more natural??? Any and all ideas appreciated.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Storage has been done during the year. will look at it all in January. Now is Christmas prep work.
Decorating - DONE
Baking - DONE

I need to finish a few crafts, do cards & mail them and then wrap. still missing a few gifts

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks Mel,
Looks good. I will give it a go now and report back.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My plans this week were very different from most years since we didn't find a tree last weekend. Won't have time again to go on another hunt til Sunday. Usually I go straight from Thanksgiving into Christmas but this week has just been refreshing. It's like a mini January where I am pretty much un-decorating and taking my great room area back to an empty slate. It's actually giving me a little sanity and making me feel not so rushed in my holiday shopping -- which is where I was over Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I haven't had this luxury in the past years since Thanksgiving was so late in November. Glad it is back to the third week for the next few years.

Goals this week (It's Friday and I'm still working on them):
1. Swap all the Decor boxes around in the attic (Out with Xmas and in with Autumn)
2. Find a tree and get it up on Sunday.
3. And then I have SO much going on in my life right now that my head is absolutely spinning. So my third goal is to continue pulling myself back together and break the elephant down into bite-sized pieces. Then I'll hopefully be back to a more structured plan by Monday.

Side note: On cleaning and dusting. Was reading about dusting and sweeping with used Static cling sheets to make future sweeping easier. I don't use static sheets much anymore (I use dryer balls) but I may try that under my baseboards and on my cabinet tops. Anyone do this? Also supposed to be good for scrubbing sinks, faucets and such. Anyone use these?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Never tried the static sheets but have heard of that too.
Cards are DONE and mailed.

This weekend I need to cook ham and grind it for sandwiches (will freeze it), cook chicken and cut in cubes for sandwiches (will freeze it), cook italian sausages and cut into slices (will freeze it), do lots of crafting and do the normal housechores

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This week wasn't as productive as I had hoped. I was able to finish the shopping for my MIL, the decorating is done and the cards for the MHH exchange were mailed. I guess the week wasn't a total write off. :rolleyes:;)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ham has been cooked and grinded for Holiday sandwiches. Chicken has been cooked and cubed for sandwiches. All is in the freezer. More ground meat & onions have been cooked and are also in the freezer.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Last week was a blur. I got through the storage area and I'm decluttering the decor as the boxes come out of storage. Much of what I needed to do is done but I still have a ways to go.