2016 HHP Week 15 - Final Clean

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have a lot of catching up to do as last week wasn't as productive as I had hoped. So, since I won't be doing my final clean until next week, I am going to use this week to get caught up.

Holiday Prep Checklist:
plan Christmas Eve/Day menus - done
finish gift shopping - done
complete family cards - done
prepare & ship package to MIL - done
wrapping
baking

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yep, it's all about the Holidays for the next weeks

- Timeline for NY's eve reception to do ... menus & grocery list
- finish gift shopping
- WRAP, WRAP, WRAP
- Make pizza on english-muffins & freeze
- TRY to finish crafts

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Monday night check in:

I wrote out the last two family Christmas cards. One of them is to my FIL who is in a care home with severe dementia. Instead of writing a letter, I decided to send him a bunch of pictures with descriptions written on the back. I hope that is better for him. The other card is for my MIL.

I made sugar cookie dough this evening and it is chilling in the fridge - DD and I will bake them tomorrow. I also got a batch of fudge made and in the freezer.

A good start to the week; I hope I can keep up the momentum. :rolleyes:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It has been extra busy here since the week leading into Thanksgiving. Dh has worked a lot of unexpected overtime during the last two weeks. It's nice on one hand but on the other hand, I've lost my tag team partner. Dh helps out with some of the children's after school and evening activities.

I've had hardly any time to get the wrapping and writing done. We've had birthday parties and formals added into the mix as well as my classes and the homework that goes with it. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. I should get a block of time next week to work on the wrapping.

This Week's Household Checklist

• Wipe down walls, door jambs and switch plates. Done
  • Go through another whole house cleaning. Done
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Continue to Wrap. Got a good bit of that done.
  • Go over Christmas Eve menu. Done
  • Update address book. Will do as cards arrive.
  • Work through Christmas Eve Planning Schedule. Work in Progress.
  • Sit down daily with a cup of tea, relax and get to bed earlier. Making time each day

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Tuesday night check in:

DD and I baked 3 more batches of fudge and 6 dozen sugar cookies.

DD and I planned the menus for Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day and made a master grocery list.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im pretty happy with things. I have 2 more gifts to pick up- both are ordered but one xbox game is not released until Dec 22.
The house is looking good! Even with the recent thunder storms (read that as muddy paws everywhere!!!!)
Cards are done and sent.
Gifts are wrapped.
Food lists are finished- I have most of the basics already but will need to get all the fresh stuff. Still need to pin Luke down on Christmas Eve dinner!!! He has until 15th of Dec to make a decision or Im calling it! As its some type of take out or platter Its not really a big deal. Its not like Im actually cooking it.
Christmas movies are being watched! We are both loving them.

I still have a few more decorating items to finish. Was going to do it Thursday after the cleaner had been but she has just switched her day to Friday so now it will be Friday. I still need to siwtch out the regular plates, bowls, glasses for the Christmas ones again on the Friday list!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Wednesday night check in:

Reality bit me in the butt today and I didn't get as much done as I had hoped to do. I did mail FIL's Christmas card and bought containers to put baking in that will go into my MIL's package. I did finish shopping for DD.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for me trying to catch up.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Thursday night check in:

Today was all about getting MIL's package ready to be mailed - I baked and packaged cookies, packaged fudge and wrapped her gifts. DD and I will take it to the post office tomorrow.

So glad this is done.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have to sit down this weekend and go over the gift list to make sure everything has been ordered/bought. It's been a bit chaotic here and I feel like things were ordered. I'm afraid that they were only ordered in my dreams and not in reality though. :eek:

The Christmas Eve menu is completed. We've received two cards thus far so no need to update the address book yet. The tree is up and decorated. The house is getting a good cleaning tomorrow. Then I can finish decorating next week.

Today, with the help of family, several batches of cookies were made. I got some more wrapping done too.

Keep up the good work, everyone! :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mary - you have been busy!
:):):):)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Friday night check in:

The package for my MIL has been mailed. DD and I bought the dogs their presents, so all the shopping is done!

Now, I need to get some wrapping done.
:eek:;):rolleyes:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
* Tree decorated last night. (Latest we've had it done in over 10 years). But it looks awesome!
* 75% of shopping done.
* Nothing wrapped -- but DH promised me he'd help slam it out over 2 days this coming week.
* Got all the supplies and DD made her gifts for all her friends.
* Baking supplies will get inventoried today and hopefully the teens will get that underway on their own.

My schedule has just been insane -- no downtime. I'm racing around the clock trying to juggle both my Dad's affairs in a different time zone, and Christmas, and of course all the kids activities. Now I have had Mon-Wed of this coming week booked up unexpectedly. *Head smack* No way I could prevent it though. It is what it is.

But I'm breathing. Not so freaked out that it won't come together. Hoping to really have things under control by Friday which is when the kids get out of school. That's an important date. I can be crazy til then -- so I can enjoy the family time when they are here. Then the first thing they are going to say is: "C'mon Mom -- we have to hurry and go Christmas shopping!" :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yay, Mel! I got a great deal of wrapping done, enough to empty my bedroom of presents.

LOL! Cindylouwho, I understand your insane schedule as far as no downtime goes. It has been non-stop since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The good news is my teaching schedule lightens up from now until after the New Year. My certification classes don't meet again until after the New Year and most importantly, I have no written papers due. :D

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
wrapped more on Saturday. Only have a few more to go. Just sent my sis to get my dd's daughter (she lives near the store and didn't want to pay for shipping), so my sis will get to wrap it :)
Still have a few more to go but getting there. working on some felt ornaments today.