2016 Words.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Great words, everyone.

The word FOCUS is speaking to me. I need to stay focused to avoid, or perhaps downplay, the trivial distractions that keep me from accomplishing the things that are important to me.

Debbie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Word 2016

Well, I'm a little late to the post ... :bees:

But I read over, from the beginning, everyone's great words.

Inspiring.

I pick Courage.

It has taken courage to help my DS12 with his mental illness of OCD. I'm not saying I'm all that and have arrived at being the best of the best ... by any stretch. It's just that as a mom watching her son struggle with everyday tasks and situations ... I have felt the Lord give me courage to carry on every morning to be there for him. The therapy and the meds are helping ... but he has to come to a place of "wanting" to challenge himself. And days when he doesn't ... it's hard for me. I want him to have a happy care-free life not full of compulsions and obsessions. On those days when it's hard ... it's like that Footprints poem/picture ... we are being carried by Jesus.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
jampss,

Courage is a great choice. I hope it guides and inspires you throughout the year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
jampss, better late than never. Hope that things continue to improve for you and your DS

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Jampss, I think courage is a great word. I know it must be frustrating when we want more for our children on a given day than they "seem" to want for themselves. At least things are better (I hope!) than they were late in the year last year.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks all. Hugs!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I knew when this year started I needed a simple word for my goal this year. My husband and I chose "quiet".

Praying for quiet this year!

Hugs,
Lisa

I think we could all use some quiet this year.

Great word!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Nice to see you posting Lisa.
I am with Mel, some quiet is not a bad thing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When I picked the word Strive this year I was full of hope and optimism. My year has been one so far of many challenges and in the end I think I would have been better changing strive to survive.

We still have a few months left of the year so I will strive to make the rest of the year as good as it can be.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Katrina - I am so sorry that you have had a less than stellar year. I hope the rest of it will be better and that Strive can still be a good word for you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Mel,
all is not lost, I am sure that the next few months will be amazing.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Of course they will be amazing! You have such a positive spirit.

You also have 5000 posts - congratulations!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW 5000 posts. I didn't realise.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina,

How are you doing now?

I've had years when the word I picked turned out to be so different from my reality. I remember one year I had the word "declutter." My goal was to declutter the rooms in my house for the year. Instead, it turned out to be more like declutter my life of all the junk in my past that kept me from really living. It was one of the most miserable years that I had to work through. Gosh, you know it was so bad when I just realized that I don't even have it down as one of my words of the year. See, I just blocked that year out as if it didn't exist. I'll have to put it on my signature.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This year is one that I will be glad that it is over. You know that some years are just like that, treading water, not getting far, not achieving anything,
The beauty is, there is always next year and we just start over and hope that all is better.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Mary and Katrina ~
I agree on the years you just have to get through. I got buried in a lot of baggage when my mom died some years back (just lots of high drama family dynamics to deal with that to this day can very time consuming.) This year my word was KonMari (after the Japanese Marie Kondo decluttering method). It's taken me all year because I pretty much didn't have time for it in the Spring and Summer. But the Word of the Year thing really works for me. I never forget it (like I did resolutions). And I've stuck with it. I've let go of so much that at one point my husband asked if I was decluttering him too? (I think I'll keep him). ;-) I'm about there on decluttering "stuff" though. I chose the topic of my 2017 word at the same time as I chose my 2016 one. It will be about building back up all the friendships I've put on the back burner while I'm so busy handling my own stuff. Haven't nailed the exact word yet....

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm getting in the decluttering mood so I might use KonMari this year. You are right about not forgetting it. I love her book and method.