2017 Christmas In July Swap

Discussion in 'Swap Rules, Swap Proposals, Current Swaps' started by Lana, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

The guidelines will be as follows:

If you choose to participate we make the same ornament for all that has joined. In the past that has been 7-9 people. I would not ask people to do more than 12 items unless they totally wanted to, but at that time if we were over 12, I would swap packages around and you would not get one from everybody. Wrap the ornaments each seperately. PLEASE keep in mind that the ornaments should be something that you, yourself would like to receive. The ornaments can be made with any material of your choice. (material, paper, yarn, clay, plastic canvas, if glass PLEASE take extreme care in packaging, or etc.) If glass please wrap securely. In the past we have had them broken. Since I just repackage when I get them I do not see the shape they are in or what the item is until we all open them. In fact I don't open mine until I know all has been received by others.

If we would get several to join we will see if we would like to do one for all.

When you have the ornaments completed, you will send them to me and I will swap them out. On the wrapped ornament itself or the packaging be sure to include your name so the receiver will know who made it.

Please enclose with your package a money order or check made out for the amount that it cost to mail the package inside a sandwich baggie. I am also asking that an extra $1.50 be sent per participate to help cover extra postage if needed. Boxes will weigh different when items are swapped out with the items made from different materials. IF any postage is due back to you I WILL send it with your ornaments. Should you choose to send payment in cash that is your decision. I have sent money back to people in the past, depends on what is made. IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD TO PAY FOR ITEMS (a couple times) IN THE RETURNING DUE TO THE MONEY PUT IN IS ONLY $1.50, I DON'T MIND PAYING THE EXTRA BUT NOT FAIR TO OTHERS. If your package cost $2.00 to mail to me (wish right?) then in your package or if you forget and send later I should receive $3.50. I am sorry if I am not explaining it correctly. I DO send all money back to you that is due! I ask for the $1.50 extra because if everybody would send heavier items and then when it is all together it could be more than the actual mailing of yours.

THESE WILL BE THE DATES THAT EVERYONE WILL GO BY:
    ********Sign up is now open and will close February 28th, 2017. This will give everyone about 3 1/2 months to create their ornaments and get them mailed to me.

********Ornaments must be to me by June 16th, 2017 in order for me to get them swapped out and to the post office for delivery back to you. Any package received AFTER this deadline will be refused from the post office. This will give me about 2 weeks to get them back to you. Seems the post office takes alittle longer on stuff at times!

********Ornaments will be back to you by July 1st. (Should be)

********Please PM me if you are interested and include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. The information will not be shared.

********I will send you my information, upon receiving yours.

Hopefully we will have a good turn out and get some new ideals for different ornaments we can make for Christmas. If by chance people do not follow through it is possible that you could receive 1 or more of your ornaments back. It would be unlikely but it could happen.
    To the BEST of my ability I will try to avoid that.

If you do not follow through after signing up, it could prevent you from being able to join other swaps at MHH. We DO understand circumstances that come up that we have no control over. Please just notify me.

I will keep everybody informed of when I receive your ornaments and the date that I am mailing the package back to you. I even send reminders out to you.

THANK YOU and I hope we have a good turn out!!!!!!!!!!

After receiving all packages I will open them and repack to mail back out. As I mentioned with them being wrapped I will not see the contents so therefore will not know what is sent in or out until I open mine in July also. WE have alot of talented people in our MHH family so the swap should be pleasing.

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I saw on a previous post when I asked if there was any interest that a few of you had to pass! :( Sorry to hear that. If by chance, changing the dates would help anybody we could always even make the exchange for fall.

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I don't want you to change anything for me specifically, but we will arrive in Hawaii around August 1st, but I have no idea when we'll have an actual address as we'll have to wait for Housing. Maybe I could still participate if you would be willing to hold onto my box for me and ship it to me when I get an address? Of course, my shipping would be completely different then and I would have to send you the money after you ship my box, so it would be a bit complicated and if you don't want to do that i'm totally okay with that. You guys could go ahead and open your packages, just please don't post pictures! :)

4. p.a.

p.a. Member

Thanks for offering Lana,,,I'm just trying to reduce all my stuff,...I will def be in the card exchange again.

5. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I'm in. Sending my information now. EARLY!!

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

So far we have:
    Lana
    GrammaDeb
    Michelle----MinnieCo
    Jody--- Miss JoDee--send me your information please. I know I have it but just to be sure nobody has moved.
    Kimlovessnow
    Jessica-MrsSoup-----if you want to wait and I can ship it later that is fine Jess, just let me know for sure if you want in or not.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Bumping this back up!

8. MrsSoup

Absolutely Lana! Count me in if you really don't mind! I already know exactly what i'm doing too!

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

I'm in! I've missed it the last few years so I'm so happy to be within the time frame. Sending my info now. Thank you so much for doing this, Lana!

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Got you Pam! I know you have missed it, in the past so glad you are in.

11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

We have:

Lana
    GrammaDeb
    Michele
    Jody
    Kim
    Jess
    Pam
    Ellen

So far! So that is making 6 ornaments at this time.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Adding Ellen---ejagno to the list!!! Up to 8 people in it! So excited to see new ones coming in---but will miss those that have been in and having to pass this year.

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

CIJ swap so far includes:

Lana
    GrammaDeb
    Michelle
    Jody
    Kim
    Jess
    Pam
    Ellen

14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Bumping this up. Time is running out to sign up!

15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

The sign ups are now closed for the CIJ Swap!

Those that signed up are:

Lana
    GrammaDeb
    Michelle
    Jody
    Kim
    Jess
    Pam
    Ellen

So that means we each make 7 ornaments. Wrapped separately and tagged with who they are from.

Have fun deciding what to make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let me know if any questions.

THANK YOU FOR SIGNING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. ejagno

ejagno Well-Known Member

One quick question. Can I personalize the ornaments specifically to each individual who will be receiving them?

17. MrsSoup

Exciting!

18. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Ellen, yes you can.

19. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

With 7, I might personalize mine as well. I've wanted to do that, but some year the numbers were to many. hmmmm...decisions, decisions. Honestly, this is one swap I think about year around..hahaha..I'm always thinking..oh, I can make this ornament for the swap, or THIS ornament, and then I seem to always change my mind last minute.

20. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Michelle, I am still trying to decide!!!! I will pick one out and then think no! I am always still second guessing it when sending packages out!