2017 Rudolph Day Movies

Discussion in 'Rudolph Day' started by PamelaG, Jan 17, 2017.

1. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

So I've thought about this for a half an hour..lol It's hard picking out a movie because obviously not everyone is going to have access to all the movies. What's the standard?

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

I try to pick something on Netflix although their selection is somewhat limited. The old favorites are always good - I put up last year's selections as a reference but just because it was chosen in 2016 doesn't mean that we can't watch it again this year. If someone doesn't have access to the movie, they are always encouraged to watch something else and tell us all about it.

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

Fabulous movie! I've updated the master list - thank you!

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

havent seen that in along time will check it out

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Nearly time for our May Movie. It is the end of Autumn here so I am looking forward to snuggling on the couch and watching something Chrstmassy.

6. sweetpumkinpye

I am working for Rudy Day but will sit down on the weekend with my planner, some hot chocolate and a movie.

7. jollykelly

jollykelly Active Member

A day late and dollar short for May Rudy Day - I had to work. But today.....White Christmas it is, while I go through my gift closet and organize my recipes for baking. My family may laugh, but nothing says Memorial Day Weekend to me like a great Christmas movie!

Christmaslvr and sweetpumkinpye like this.
  8. housewife2

i watched the santa clause movie last nite its always good

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

Looking for July and August Rudolph Day movie hostesses. Let me know if you have a favorite to share.

10. jollykelly

jollykelly Active Member

I can take July - How about Christmas Vacation? That is my DH's favorite, so he may actually watch a Christmas movie with me in July!

11. housewife2

christmas vacation is my favorite my son and i will watch it several times a year. thanks

PamelaG likes this.
  12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

My family loves to watch Christmas Vacation together. My DH gets so tickled that he can hardly breathe due to laughing so hard. Every year no matter how many times he has seen the movie.

PamelaG likes this.
  13. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

Thank you! I've updated the master list - Christmas Vacation is a great movie, one of my favorites!

14. sweetpumkinpye

Looking forward to watching Christmas Vacation. My DS loves that movie....that poor cat.

15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

I can take August - There is a movie called The Preacher's Wife which is a remake of the Bishop's Wife. The remake stars Whitney Huston and Denzel Washington. This version is a really sweet movie and and usually brings a tear to my eye. Huston does a bit of singing in the movie too which is a plus in my book.

I am hoping you can find one or the other at your library or a streaming channel I did find this link if you would like to pursue it. https://new123movies.to/film/the-preachers-wife-8719/. There are some other streamers too.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Jody, I do not have that one, will see if I can find it by August, it sounds great.

17. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

18. sweetpumkinpye

Thanks so very much, will look at it now.

19. housewife2

it is a good movie

20. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

Thank you, I've updated the master list. I have not seen The Preacher's Wife so I am looking forward to it.