2019 Wrapping party dates.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
yep wrap everything in the stockings, tried to tell the kids I wouldn't anymore but dd says it has to be wrapped :rolleyes:

wrapping still isn't done... but I did buy a few more gift bags... so that'll speed up some things.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to recheck stockings. Am now doubting myself as to what is in each one as I found some things in a box in the gift closet.....Mmm

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Cleaned up wrapping area - it's filled with boxes that have arrived though and I need to find some time soon to wrap more!

Planning on this Sunday afternoon...

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Have the day off from work today .. got a lot of wrapping done this morning. Still have more to do. Hoping to be 90% done by the end of today.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Just ordered a new wave of gifts - my wrapping area is trashed. T-R-A-S-H-E-D !!!! Will have to work on it tomorrow night. Because tonight I am finishing DS's costume for school project :eek:

ROFLOL! Oh my gosh, I remember those days of last minute running around for costumes in December with every other parent doing the same thing. I can now look back on it fondly and with laughter. At the time, I could not.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Forgive me if this has been asked before - do you wrap gifts that go into stockings? I usually just wrap them in tissue paper, not even any tape, the stockings are always pretty full so I don't have to worry about things coming unwrapped.

I do.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spend some time last Wednesday wrapping and then again on Saturday and Sunday. All the gifts that we had bought and were in the house were finished by Sunday night. A few more gifts from Cyber Monday shopping are slowly making their way into the house. I hope to get to them this weekend if not earlier.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH still has to wrap my gifts :rolleyes:, and I use the term wrap loosely.
I made some calico bags earlier in the year so he can just toss things in and he is done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD usually comes over the night of my work Christmas party and helps DH. At least then I get a few nicely wrapped gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Two wrapping days to go.
Sunday 15th (10 days to go) and Wednesday 18th (1 week to go).
If you are finished wrapping well done to you, if you are not there is still plenty of time to get things done.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am about 75 % done wrapping .. DH on the other hand hasn't even started yet LOL. As much as he hates wrapping his wrapping skills have gotten better over the years.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yes, sometimes we do need to help DH along, or we are wrapping our own gifts.

ROFLOL! I can relate. I prefer a wrapped gift than one still in the plastic bag it was placed in at the store.

I have wrapped box top lids that I did about 20 yrs. ago for dh to use. It's considered "vintage" wrapping. LOL!

My dh ordered some gifts and typed in the wrong house number. A bunch of packages are being sent to our new neighbor. Nothing like telling our neighbor to expect several more packages addressed to us. :oops:

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I will be busy wrapping this week for sure. We are still waiting on gifts ordered two weeks ago. :eek: I've been tracking them. They are sitting in a warehouse, lost in the shuffle. Hopefully, they will be arrive soon. I'm guessing that snowy weather has had a part in the delay.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be busy wrapping this week for sure. We are still waiting on gifts ordered two weeks ago. :eek: I've been tracking them. They are sitting in a warehouse, lost in the shuffle. Hopefully, they will be arrive soon. I'm guessing that snowy weather has had a part in the delay.
Mary, hope that the packages arrive very soon. Frustrating waiting on items.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got some wrapping done this weekend, NOT enough!!!!

Will keep hitting it hard every chance I get!

DMIL gave me cash so I could order her gifts for DS - will have those to wrap too!!!

The end is in sight - it's just down a looooong tunnel! :D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The end is in sight - it's just down a looooong tunnel! :D
AJ you are one of the most organised people I know. I have no doubt that you will get it done and that it will look beautiful.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I did it all and finished! yay! Have one more gift card to buy for card exchange... and oh yeah.. nothing for dh... so maybe I'll go buy him a pair of pj's.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DH did all our wrapping today! He is a much better wrapper than I am. The only thing left to wrap is the PJ's from Mrs. Claus and I need to get some hot chocolate to put in with them.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I did it all and finished! yay! Have one more gift card to buy for card exchange... and oh yeah.. nothing for dh... so maybe I'll go buy him a pair of pj's.

Awesome!

Reactions: luludou