A Magical Christmas 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Christmas in July will be here before you know it. As I'm leaving on my Alaska cruise next week I wanted to open the Christmas in July forum so you can spend June reading old posts. (if you want to). This year's theme is a Magical Christmas 2014 and each week has a "sub" theme.

Week One Theme: Trees, Treasures, and Traditions

This week will focus on sharing ideas, thoughts, memories etc about three of the BIGGIES of the holiday season.....our trees, things we treasure about the season and traditions.

Week Two Theme: Magical Recipes

This week the focus will switch to recipes. Time to pull out those recipes and make some decisions about how Christmas 2014 will "taste."

Week Three Theme: Magic Elves 2014

Magic elf adventures, printables, notebooks and other manner of Magic Elf fun will be discussed this week.

Week Four Theme: A Pinterest Christmas Party

I'd like to feature THREE pinterest crafts or ideas this week and we will make them and discuss and share them at our pinterest party. I'll try to get these up the first week of the month so everyone can gather supplies. This will also be a good week for sharing pins that you have for Christmas!

Week Five Theme: Wrap It Up

This is a short week as we move into August. We will talk about gift presentation, getting your wrapping dne and just "wrap up" Christmas in July.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Can't wait!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Looking forward to this year's fun.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
yeah!! getting excited

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm starting to pull together plans for celebrating on the 25th of July...I think I'm going to make a batch of glitter cinnamon applesauce ornaments. If stored in a well sealed plastic bin, then should keep their scent pretty well. I'll just need to be sure they are completely dry first, I imagine.

I also have a White Chocolate Topped Gingersnap Cookie recipe I plan to try out.

If I end up going down to a friend's house for all of this as planned, we'll probably pick out a Christmas drink recipe to try out as well.

That's all I'm thinking of for now, but I could add more if I get ambitious!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am so looking forward to Christmas in July. It's only fitting that my birthday is also in July. I have a request of my youngest tech savvy/D.J. son to burn me a cd with all of my favorite Christmas songs as well as download them into a playlist on my I-Phone. I literally spent hours finding some of them on you tube. I have 21 so far and I know there's more to add to the list. LOL Hey, it's an affordable birthday gift and I get to celebrate my favorite birthday of the year. My oldest son and his wife own a monogramming company so I'm pushing to get some new Christmas stockings done to get those monogrammed for my birthday from them as well.

I've been going back and reading the wonderful memories made with previous Christmas in July threads. Now, to go pick out some Christmas movies. :)

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I am planning to participate this year. Of course, i PLAN to every year, but life does get in the way. I have the focus for each week printed and pasted into my planner so that I can stay focused.

I have been working on my decorating plans for fall and Christmas. I'm making a Word document and pasting in pictures from my Pinterest board. So much fun!! I am also ordering the Gooseberry Patch Christmas books that I don't have....out of the 15 already published, I lack 3. Plus, I'm anxiously awaiting this year's book release.

I hope to get my breakfast basket plans decided on and recipes collected. I am seriously thinking about making homemade apple butter again this year. My kids recommended that when I polled them. LOL.

I am anxious to hear what everyone has planned.

Talk more later!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Now I know why I had Christmas jingles running through my head this week - it's Christmas in July and I needed to get myself back here :)

Missed you all.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It sounds all very exciting.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Count me in. Couldn't go away for my birthday this year because I have strep throat. This will give me something to do instead of sulking all week. I have everthing I need in the house already for the project I'm doing.