Advent Calendars

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I am on a Vintage Christmas page on Facebook and someone posted pictures of Advent Calendars she bought. I always loved Advent Calendars when I was a child and thought these would be perfect for my great-nieces/nephew...so I just placed an order.

The company is Vermont Christmas Company and they have many to choose from, different sizes, religious and whimsical and also some with chocolate.

Just thought I would mention it if anyone is interested. I can't wait to get them and send them!

Reactions: ChristmasPir8

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We get chocolate advent calendars every year. They are not really anything special, massed products and available at Target/Kmart about $3.00 each
Cardboard countdowns that contain a little chocolate behind each window. Not sure for how many more years we will do it as the kids are not too interested this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I made my advent calendar (pouches) a few years back. This year it's for me only so will be a relaxing zen calendar for me. I've already decided what goes in there for each day. Just needs filling up

Reactions: Christmaslvr

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have 2 fabric panel ones that I am making for dgds. They match the one I made DS when he was little. Now they each have one and won't have to share the task of moving the bear from room to room.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Luke also gets a chocolate Advent calendar every year. We used to get the cheap mass produced ones but Luke has turned into a chocolate snob! A local handmade chocolate shop near us now does them- for a lot more than the $3 that Katrina gets them for! But the chocolate is really, really good!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I ordered a Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar for DGS but really he's too young for it so it's for DS. lol

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Got them on Friday! So pretty! Will definitely make this a tradition!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
we get lego advent callendar one for the boys. Last year I bouht myself the Tsum Tsum disney one. I want the new one againt this year. LOL

Funny story as I kid we had the resuable one where you open a door and read a bible verse leading up to Christmas. I opened a window and read tha Mary was a Virginian (not virgin, being from the commonwealth of VA and all that was what I assumed it was)

Reactions: tanya

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Too funny Shannon :)

My advent calendar pouches are filled... still missing a few chocolates and a nougat but it's mostly done

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This will be our first year doing a filled advent calendar using the one I bought a few months ago. I can't wait!

I've got some things gathered and plan to add money and some candy to the pile to round things out. DS loves new coins for his coin bank. :) And I'll be taking full advantage of the PILE of leftover Halloween candy instead of buying any!

I need to review it all and make sure I have enough for each drawer!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking for some advent calendar ideas. The kids are getting to the stage where they are not interested in the chocolate ones I buy but I would like to do something. Will think about it for next year.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Pinterest has a way to use Legos here’s the site
ittlebinsforlittlehands.com Looks fun.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I came across a very neat Advent calendar. Each day has a tiny jar of Bonne Marie jam