Aisles of Christmas goodies

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I noticed CVS had their center aisles stocked with all kinds of Christmas goodies last Friday. I didn't take time to look since I had several other errands. Actually, I didn't remember all the goodies they had last year. Plan to check out their inventory this weekend.

Yesterday I noticed several aisle filled with Christmas goodies at Dollar General, with more stock still in boxes. I only glanced at a few items on one aisle, but their selection looked nice. I usually find neat boxes with lovely Christmas scenes in unique sizes. My favorites are the little square ones (maybe 4"x4") for candy & a gift card or to dress up small gifts. Need to review what I have before shopping.

Anyone else discovering wonderful aisles of Christmas goodies? Wonder if inventory will disappear quickly or if others are waiting to shop?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I popped in quickly to one of our stores yesterday and from what I saw they are still expecting more stock. What I saw was nice but there was nothing I needed as I stocked up on cards, gift tags and gift wrapping last year. When get more time I will have another look.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Some stores here have Christmas out full force,,,,some are just getting it out. I looked this weekend , picked up my cards.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
My local grocery store was putting out Christmas candy on Halloween, and I was in Walmart Mon. and Christmas is just about all out there, which of course I don't mind-stocked up on a few things that I can never find later in the season...

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im pretty sure most of ours is out- still waiting on food items from the supermarkets- I keep looking and have added some bits and pieces. Don't really need much.
I have started to add to the holiday pantry- just things that we will use over the Dec/ Jan period- our long summer holiday. last year I managed to go most of January without a large food shop- Id rather be at the beach or outdoors than in a shopping centre!
I am contemplating buying a small freezer but have not decided as yet. I have power outlets in my pantry and with a few modifications to some shelves it could fit easily.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, now is the time to start stocking up on the paper for your theme next year, then you can wrap throughout the year.

I am stocking up the freezer/pantry also. I like to have things on hand for quick Summer meals.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Already selected the warp for next year! It was first on my list- so I did not get it on sale but now I can wrap through the year as needed!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, good job. A tick off the list for next years Christmas.

CatalinaMiller

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2016
This has been the best Christmas ever. Shopping, lot of entertainment and gifts many more. I search different web so that I can get some gift for my dear once.