August 2017 - Declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did get into the craft room and went through a lot of school related books and put away stuff. It is much easier to get to things now I still have to much but will wait until after I am done with Christmas crafts before I rid myself of it. Baby steps.

Reactions: Christmaslvr

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to get into my craft room too. I am not going to be doing too many crafts in the future, I have nobody to give finished craft projects to.
I will do a big cull and take it all to one of the local charities that I have a contact for.

Reactions: Christmaslvr

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, it is funny what we can do in the name of helping out. One time many, many years ago I decided that my dad's teapot needed a good clean. I scrubbed it inside and out until it shone. My dad was so upset because I had taken years of wonderful tea flavour off the inside of the pot. I am not sure if I was ever forgiven.

Who knew that that there was years and years of tea flavor in a tea pot. :oops: I'll keep that in mind with the tea lovers in my family.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We've had a patio umbrella stand sitting on our deck forever - it's from an old set we don't have anymore. Loaded it into the back of my car yesterday to take to Goodwill!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Instead of working in the basement, we were in the garage this weekend. We went through the outside toys/sport equipment on our shelves looking for broken and unwanted items. They will be starting back to school soon so it was easier to do that now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did the one-thing a room declutter on 1st floor yesterday:

My bedroom - 1 sport shirt
Guest-office room - 2 scary movie dvds that I gave to ds's girlfriend and I told her NOT to bring them back after she's viewed them
Bathroom - 1 old handtowel
Kitchen - 1 box
LR - nothing
Kitchen - will do my kitchen cabinets this month so I'll do a bigger declutter.

every small bit counts!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are all doing exceptionally well. Start on my big Spring cleaning next week, hope I can get some stuff out the door.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Burnt more crap and smashed boxes yesterday. Ryan took several good boxes to help his friend move. I pulled the tabs off of about 15 pounds of cans. The school keeps them so keeping for Teigan. Allen took the 2 huge sacks of cans in and got alittle over $10.00 for Teigans bank. Sounds like everybody is doing good!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Doesn't it feel good when we get the little things like cans out of the way. It just lifts the spirit knowing something is happening:)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
More stuff went into the wagon, more into trash can and I called my sister and she will take 6 white larger serving bowls and a clear glass one. 2 of the clear glass were broken. I got them for 75 cents each. Found a box of books I had gotten at sales that Teigan will like.

Have showered, Allen was running out of air--getting humid some. So will go work on my vanity.

I LOVE LOVE the way it is looking clearer in garage.

Would love your 70's Jody!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My bathroom vanity is clear and cleaned as is the big mirror. I have glass bottle of lotion at one end, gmas night light in the middle (a small small one) and a box of tissues at the other end. No reason a 56 and 63 yr. old CAN'T keep it like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Items went out in the trash.