Awesome August

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Being positive means looking at the little things that bring us joy and knowing that life can be simple...and meaningful at the same time....

So tell me what's awesome about August? I already know "what's not" lol....so let's focus on the good!

1. Cheap school supplies...stocking up on notebooks, file folders, and other "fun" stuff to use throughout the year.

2. Return to college for my dear daughter...sad but also exciting to watch her move forward!

3. Summer clearance: time to pick up some good bargains on bubbles, chalk, sand toys, etc...for next year...pick them up for pennies and make a vacation or beach basket as a gift!

Now it's your turn....tell me....Awesome August....what does it mean to you!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
A slower pace, because this summer has been especially hot. Summertime and the living is easy.

I also buy school supplies to use as stocking stuffers for my DGC. They are all back in school as of today.

Sipping lemonade and sweet tea on a warm day or evening.

Getting ready for the big push towards Christmas!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hmmm...only positive thoughts...

1.) the HGP begins!
2.) August is Elf Month!
3.) My DS' 5th birthday!

OK, that's all I've got! ;)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
What's awesome about August?

1. Vacation!!!!!!
2. Going back to work/school - it creates a routine and I seem to be better organized! YAY!!!!
3. Closer to cooler weather.
4. It makes me say, "I think I can!" make it 'til the holidays! Come on, Halloween!!!
5. It makes me reflect.

That's about all I can think of for now.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Number one for me has to be school supplies. I LOVE school supplies!

August also is the start of a new leaf - getting the kids ready to go back to school, no pressures yet, anticipation of a great school year, etc.

And, of course FOOTBALL pre-season! You can't go wrong with school supplies and football games in my book.

Okay, so I don't mind August so much after all!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK, Kim Loves Snow! I lo\ve school suppiles and I love football. Are you saying that.... if I just concentrate hard on the things I love.... then August will be OK for me?

It's worth a try!!!!!!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
August - lots of birthdays in my family. DS, me, mom (just to name a few)
start of school (both for my kids and in my job)
when August is over, I feel like Fall starts!
Back to normal schedules for the family.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
YAY! I forgot about football!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
August~ this year...my house is being built! WOOT!

Otherwise~back to school, cooler temps, the routine of life returns. Oh and hs football season!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Yes SparkleNana - that is exactly what I'm saying!!! After Ginger started this thread and I began to think about it I realized that I really dislike July the most, not August. August brings those wonderful things I mentioned and it's like the light at the end of the tunnel. September can be warm, but it's still September and you know it's not going to last. Yes, August might be my favorite summer month but I just never realized it before!

Oh, and I just remembered, in addition to all the school supplies I love to look at all the organization things they bring out for college bound students. Organizing, school supplies and football - as close as I can get to heaven when it's 100 degrees outside!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
LOL I don't have to write my post out Kim did. DITTOwhat Kim said :) The only thing I would add closer too cooler weather.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Where has the month/year gone?????
I'm starting the HGP early. This week begins LIST WEEK for me. (I am going to be working some OT and don't want it to interfere with the actual plan. If I start early, then I am hoping I will actually complete it this year.)
Cleaning my FRONT PORCH area will be fast and easy. Then on to my LISTS!!!
Today is dsd's birthday. She, her bf and dh are in Canada as the bf competes in drift events. They are in St Eustach, I believe, this month.
I found a scrapping board called CHALLENGE MASTERS and have been there a lot getting inspiration for scrapping. Not that I've actually scrapped and participated in the challenges, but it's got me thinking about it. LOL
Between facebook, my Weight Watcher board, this board, and the scrapping board, I hope I can keep up with all of my favorite places and favorite people. :eek:)
Have a great week, everyone. Now that I'm in HGP mode, I hope to be posting here more often.