baby elves

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

following on from the thread about more cute elves, hubby has agreed i can get a set as "baby elves" as 1 of our girls works in the nursery......

now the question is: What do the baby elves need to bring with them????

obviously passports, and some sort of sleeping/travel bag.

do i need the whole rattle, bib etc?

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
You must keep it simple. Less is more. the more stuff the baby has the more can get lost. I would stick to passport and soft toy. Possibly dummy that I would tie to the elf.

Great idea!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
You must keep it simple. Less is more. the more stuff the baby has the more can get lost. I would stick to passport and soft toy. Possibly dummy that I would tie to the elf.

Great idea!

thanks for that.

amhaving 2nd thoughts as i am only goingto be able to use them for 1 year, even if i was to change the passports for next year my kids are not stupid they would no they are the "same babies" which may blow the whole elf thing.

i did wonder about the kids being able to keep them, BUT then they are going to question why they cant keep others and why the babies are not growing up etc.

has anyone got any ideas?

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
perhaps they could be little elves on field trips from the north pole elementary school for elves... they have to get a first hand look at what the travelling elves do right? :) or you could call it "shadowing" a big elf.. :) and as such perhaps they wouldn't need passports? perhaps just a "school id" :)

maggie

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
perhaps they could be little elves on field trips from the north pole elementary school for elves... they have to get a first hand look at what the travelling elves do right? :) or you could call it "shadowing" a big elf.. :) and as such perhaps they wouldn't need passports? perhaps just a "school id" :)

maggie

could be an idea but still not sure on how i could bring them back another year :( dont want to not get them as hubby has said i can, but i dont want to pay out for them if they cant come back.

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
Elves live for hundreds of years. They grow up very slowly. First year they could have dummy. Next year they could have soft toy. The year after a book. The elf will stay the same size for at least ten years. Only thing that will change is the amount of stamps in passport and the school ID will show that they made is to their next class.

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
The second year the children could help wean the elf from the dummy. His mum could send a letter with and ask for the childrens help.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I think Mouse2 has a really great idea. Since your good at finding different clothes for your elves, you could also have them wear a bib the first year, take off the bib and tack on a small stuffed animal the second year, clip off the stuffed animal the third year and bring the book or something else.

If your still not sure about the idea, another possibility is a Grandpa elf.
I'm going to have a Grandpa elf come visit this year. I found this one but want to see what else I can find. http://www.terrysvillage.com/plush-vintage-elf-a2-95_3524-12-1.fltr?Ntt=elf Our Grandpa elf likes to do puzzles. I bought a puzzle shaped like a gingerbread man and want to add a handle to the box like it is his suitcase. While here he is going to set up a mini train set, build a train out of little debbie type desserts and candy (I have a book with instructions), play mini golf under the Christmas tree (set up a Christmas themed mini golf course) and I saw an add in a magazine for Kool-aid fizzies so want to find those or some other science type activity like this http://www.marthastewart.com/297092/borax-crystal-snowflakes. I want to have a puzzle made with the elves picture and leave that as a gift when they leave.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
jinglemom- not sure where in the world you are, but i paid £10 inc delivery for a photo jigsaw of my elves from a uk company called jessops. its really good, only thing i wasnt happy about they dont tell you the box isnt personalised of you rpic, so i now need get the pic printed to add to the box.

but i do like the idea of grandpa elf!

hubby said about the babies - that all the time they stay living with humans not at the north pole, they will never grow up! which means they could always be babies