Breakfast Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Re: Brunch recipes

How many people are coming?
Do you want/need to prep ahead of time?

Some options if you want to keep it a simple no bake affair
* fresh fruit (strawberries, melons, blueberries, blackberries, etc) with a light dip on the side.
* cut veggies (carrots, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber) with tzaziki dip (cucumber-dill dip) on the side
* hearty fruity muffins (blueberry muffins, cranberry muffins, lemon poppyseed)
* a variety of bagels with cream cheese
* fresh ground coffee and tea

If you want something hot, look into a breakfast strata or casserole where you layer eggs, cheese, veggies and meat. You can pop it in the oven and not be stuck cooking so you can visit with your guests. :bunny:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany

hmmm.. I like that...

here in Northern of Germany it is typical to serve
rolls, marmelade, butter
bread, scrambled eggs with bacon, party meatballs (little ones),
cold cuts (roastbeef, ham..), cheese
tomatoes with mozzarella and basil
salad (potatoes or noodle)
Soup
waffles or pound cake

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio

I often make quiche for brunches. They are quick to put together with a ready made crust and most people seem to like them.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Re: High top muffins!!!

Thanks! Even I am able to follow those tips!

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
Re: High top muffins!!!

Thanks for that site, I'm a muffin top eater so I can't wait to try those tips.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA

I love to serve French Toast Casserole for Brunch. It's made the night before and cooks for an hour the day of the brunch. You can find the recipe at Allrecipes.com. I also serve fresh fruit, bacon and sausage, muffins, OJ and Mimosas, Cheesy Potato Casserole, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Potato-Cas ... etail.aspx and an egg based dish of some sort...quiche is quick and easy.

Enjoy your brunch!
Lisa

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Please post your favorite breakfast recipes here:

pkcrafty

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Central Arkansas
My mom sent me this recipe she saw in her paper - looks yummy!

Omelette Roll

4 oz of softened cream cheese
1/4 c. milk
2 T flour
1/4 t. salt
12 eggs
1 1/2 c. of chopped ham
1 1/2 c. of shredded swiss or cheddar cheese
1/4 c. onions
2 T mustard

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and milk, whisk until smooth. Add flour and salt.
In another bowl, beat egg and then add cream cheese mixture. Cut wax paper to fit jelly roll pan. Combine mixtures, and pour into jelly roll pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffy and golden.
While that is cooking, chop ham, onions and anything else you want (mushrooms, peppers and bacon, for instance).
Remove omelette from oven and spread with mustard and half the cheese, then add other fillings. Then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Roll up in jelly roll fashion, removing paper as you roll.
If desired, garnish with additional cheese, and let stand 5 minutes until cheese melts.
Serve with salsa or cheese sauce

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I saw that recipe too, pkcrafty! I am totally trying that one out this year! It sounds so yummy!

I keep forgetting to post a great recipe I got from a co-worker for an overnight Egg/Sausage Strata - it is so good!

Actually, she got that recipe out the newspaper too - just a long time ago!

I will try to remember to bring in a copy so I can share it - I've made it so many times, it really is a "keeper"!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay - I brought it! Hopefully it will be worth the build up!

:haha:

Breakfast Strata

1 lb. pork sausage, browned and drained
8 slices of bread, cubed or torn
2 cups of shredded Cheddar or Mont Jack
2 1/2 cups milk (1% works fine)
6 eggs
3/4 tsp dry mustard
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk

Brown and drain sausage, set aside. Fill a lightly greased 9 x 11 pan with the bread pieces. Sprinkle bread with cheese and then sausage.

Mix 2 1/2 cups milk, eggs and dry mustard in a seperate bowl, then pour over top of ingredients in pan. Cover pan and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, mix mushroom soup with 1/2 cup milk and spread over top of chilled strata.

Bake for 1 hour or until set.

TIPS: This is a great way to use up extra hamburger or hotdog buns you have around or in the freezer!

I have also halved this recipe, making it in an 8 x 8 pan. I used 4 eggs instead of 6 and still used the whole can of mushroom soup + 1/2 cup milk and it turned out nice and yummy!

I usually don't use a full pound of sausage either. 1 roll of sausage at our house equals a homemade pizza one night out of the week and breakfast strata another morning. Which means it is a good week!

:applause:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Here's a great-looking sausage breakfast casserole:
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/sausage_breakfast_casserole/

Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe

Ingredients
1 lb of Italian pork sausage, (then cooked, drained, crumbled)
4 1/2 cups cubed day old bread
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
10 eggs slightly beaten
4 cups whole milk
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
1/2 cup peeled, chopped tomatoes (optional)
Method

1 Heat a skillet on medium high. Break up the sausage into chunks and cook, working in batches if need be, until browned all around. Make sure the chunks of sausage have some space around them or your meat will steam and not brown. Remove the cooked sausage from the pan and let sit on some paper towels on a plate to soak up the excess fat. Crumble into smaller pieces.

2 Place bread in a well buttered 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine the eggs, milk, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper. Pour evenly over the bread and cheese. Sprinkle sausage and optional ingredients over the top.

3 At this stage you can cover and chill overnight, if you want to prepare ahead. If not, let sit for 10 minutes before putting in the oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake uncovered for about one hour. Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.

Serves 6-8.