Cafters Challenge May 28th-June 3rd, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Figured I would go ahead and start the thread a couple hours before it is actually the 28th! Will undo the computer in case another storm comes thru but I do believe they are out of the area they are thinking. BUT.... will have it started if something happens.

Last week-end Teigan and I sewed and pillow and tonight we stuffed it and I sewed it shut.

Working on the CIJ ornaments.

Still trying to think of something for 12 Days of Christmas swap. Was thinking of bowl covers and then cherry yo yo washer weights to holder tablecloth down put together with ric rack. Would do 4 or 6 weights for each. Do 13 gifts. Don't know.

DD, was on your blog a few days ago. As always your latest projects are lovely.

Jaime, went to see your flowers---BEAUTIFUL! And went thru several of your pictures. LOVE LOVE LOVE your ornaments!

Lucie the snowflakes will be beautiful on a tree!

Kim, you are so busy and still manage the time to craft!!!

What is on your list this week?

Diedra, did you ever post a picture of the shadow boxes anywhere and I missed them?

Have a GREAT crafting week!

Really need to see what crafts I would like to do for Christmas!

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Diedra, did you ever post a picture of the shadow boxes anywhere and I missed them?

I have not sent the one to my brother so I'm not posting any photos until he receives his. I tried to figure out how to post it here but it is beyond my expertise. lol

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Miss Kayla is done with softball season they lost their last game so until fall ball camp she can relax unless she decided to play a summer league at the lake which I think is what some of the girls plans were to do. That is just plain fun though. Kenny has state quails this coming Friday night which for some reason I thought they were next Saturday but nope. He is the only member of either Varsity track team still going, the coach/student ratio is 4 to 1 one of the coaches were joking with Kenny about it saying he may be over coached right now. Three of them will be standing around while Kenny and the only coach that runs with him so that he has someone to run with no one can keep up with him are out practicing. They will all be with him on Friday night at the meet with him though.

I was hoping to get more crafting done over the weekend but between Friday meet, 7 am Saturday ball game, Saturday night racing and spending all day today with yard work and laundry just hasn't happened. Maybe tomorrow.

This is stuff that I really would like to get finished up this week plus work on my brothers wine bottle's so that they are done

-finish nieces tulle wreath (Just need to decorate and get wrapped)

-Kenny mason jar bank he just seen at Walmart he has to have I can make with scraps I have here

-Design for Kenny's graduation party invites since now we have a date

-changed mind on card box found another one I like for grad party so going to get the stuff for that this week x2 since my friend want's one for her daughter also

-cupcake toppers cut out for 200 cupcakes for grad party

-start working on centerpieces for grad party

-mugs for SIL (I agreed that she can pay me $5 plus cost of materials) for the two mugs

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday I sewed Mrs. Goosey a dress. Also a scarf and then her hat I glued some fun fur to it for hair and put a slash of material around the band. It is red-white and blue so she will probably be dressed until Labor Day. Unless I do her a couple for the off times. They fade so fast in the sun.

Still unable to get pi onto the computer.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Been MIA the last few weeks. I am not sure where the time goes. Am hoping to get a bit more done very soon.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I just finished the Seahawks scarf today after going around and around with trying to get it bound off the way I want it. Now I need to dig out another craft to do here at the lake. I brought my sewing machine and a UFO quilt, but it's too nice out to be inside sewing.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks, Lana!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I might be purging 45 years worth of stuff accumulated so I can move in with DD's family, but I am keeping all my craft stuff.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Famous last words. We just had a tremendous lightening/thunder/rain storm. I might get the sewing machine out tomorrow morning.

I started another Seahawks scarf using a different stitch. I have another stitch I want to try, too ... the next Seahawks scarf. At least one or more of them will become gifts, I'm sure.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Lana - No basement. DD said I could put my craft stuff with hers. Haha - she has no idea how much I have. I have tons of yarn, counted cross stitch supplies, and several quilts in process and fabric kits for several more. Oh, and card making supplies plus the Cricut and accessories she gave me.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

GrammaDeb ~ Your SABLE sounds like mine with the exception of the Cricut. Those sure are popular! At a local craft seminar I go to once a month, they always talk about the Scan & Cut. I don't know what the difference is in the two.

I tried to do some craftermath control yesterday and ended up making the wedding card and making a mug rug with the motif I had stitched for a BD card. I think I will still mount it to card stock and make a card with it, but it can be taken off the card and used as a mug rug if my friend wants to.

In going through my fabric, I decided I’d like to make a runner for my dining room server with some fabric I purchased recently and a table scarf with other fabric, so I’ve got it in the laundry room now waiting to be pre-washed.

I also cut and sandwiched some fabric for a couple of coasters. I need some new ones at the lake, and I’m particular about color, so … make my own. However, I think I’m going to machine embroider something on to them … probably a hummingbird. The only problem with that idea is that if I make them too pretty, I'm hesitant to use them.

In the evening I got started on one of the two felt kit Christmas stockings. I guess I’m going to string all the Rudy Days I’ve already missed this year in a row to work on Christmas stockings.

That’s it for now.