Celebrate Me Days 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Today is my first Celebrate Me Day of the year. In past years, these days have been forgotten, either life got busy or I just couldn't be bothered.

I am going to make more of an effort this year; it doesn't have to be anything big, just something that says, "Hey Mel, you're worth it".

This afternoon I am going to watch last week's episode of Downton Abbey and have some gingerbread cocoa that I have been saving for this day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ok....how do these celebrate me days work. I think I need a bit a celebrating me at the moment.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Katrina,

Pick the date that you were born. I was born on the 14th, so the 14th of every month is my Celebrate Me Day.

Do something special for yourself on that day - you might book an appointment for a massage or a manicure or take yourself out to lunch. You could do something simple like stay home and watch a favorite movie or start reading a new book while having a cup of your favorite beverage.

Whatever you decide to do, make it special as a way of celebrating YOU!! We tend to be so busy filling everyone else up that we forget about ourselves. We must fill ourselves up as well!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Well, shot!! I missed my day - 9th. Guess I'll just have to take care of that soon.

Mel, great for you!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Woo hoo. My birthday is January 30th so I can start this month.
I know exactly what I will do.

Sadly February does not have 30 days so I may have to fudge a day here.

Thanks Mel!!!!!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Katrina,

You can pick whatever day you want for February!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will have a think about it. Exciting times.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mine will be the 26th... will do something I like on that day

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Mine is the 24th-so far I know I have an eye doc appt that day-LOL-but I will have to work in something fun-got a few days to ponder it-thanks for the reminder Mel!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Celebrate Me Day!

Well, my b-day is March 19th. So, I guess tomorrow is my day to celebrate in January. Hmmmmmm, what shall I do????

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Every Tuesday I take some time (usually 1/2 day) to do what I WANT. No extra work outside of my daily must do's.

The first Tuesday of every month is for hair, nails, pedicure, waxing......)

I love to play with my Cricut so the second Tuesday is dedicated to this hobby.

I enjoy sewing so the third Tuesday is spent on sewing projects.

The fourth Tuesday is my Christmas/Birthday/Event shopping day which also includes my favorite Mocha Frappe latte. I have designated one person per month, starting from youngest to oldest, to focus on. During that month I purchase that persons Christmas, Birthday and other holiday gifts (Valentines, Easter, good grades for the grandkids).

March, May, August and November give me an extra Tuesday, a fifth Celebrate Me day. On these special Celebrate Me Days I focus strictly on designing and creating this years holiday décor/plans/wardrobe/menu's......

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Wow Ellen!!

Good for you for taking those Tuesdays for yourself!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My first celebrate me day will be January 30th which is actually my 51st birthday.
9 of us are going to dinner at Jamie Oliver's restaurant which I am really looking forward to. It is a Saturday so I think I will have a sleep in, not sure what else I will do.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Thanks for the compliments but seriously, life doesn't always goes as planned. I wasn't able to do any sewing today. Plumbing issues, a leaky roof and a central heating unit that had electrical issues at one of my FIL's apartments got in the way of my fun. I sat there for most of the day waiting on repairmen after the other. LOL

Some days it works beautifully but life does have a habit of getting in the way of fun. Sigh! I'll just have to squeeze my celebrate me sewing time into the weekend. Being flexible is key.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Ellen,
I love the Tuesdays as special planned days!!!
Might have to give something like that a try.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Doodlebug, I learned long ago that if it's really important to you then you either make time for it or drop it altogether. Most of us are women which also means Mom, Wife, Daughter, Medic, Teacher, Cheerleader, Councelor...... and we have a terrible tendency to put everyone and everything else before our own needs and wants. After a while we feel so incomplete and can't figure out how we got left out. Well, it's because we didn't make time for what was important to US. And you know what, those few days that our plans don't work out doesn't bite nearly as bad because there were many other days that it did and we enjoyed things that meant a lot to us.