Christmas Craft lists 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Updated 5/22/20....

Christmas Crafts planned for 2020 so far:

Vinyl Designs and/or Words on Set of Reusable Cloth Shopping Bags
Vinyl "Life Is Short Take the Shoes" Travel Bag
Iron On Vinyl "Fueled by Coffee & Chaos" Shirt or Sweatshirt
Iron On Vinyl Zipper Pouches (2)
Iron on Vinyl (or embroidery) Funny saying Kitchen Towels - "Alexa, do the dishes" and TBD
4 Sets of Stemless Wineglasses etched with funny phrases/designs- IN PROGRESS
3 Sets of Glasses etched with funny phrases/designs - IN PROGRESS
2 glass baking pans etched with TBD - "Made with Love and Butter" and "If you can read this, you're too late" - DONE
24 ornaments, variety of designs, felt or mini emb hoop style [17 done, 2 in progress]
Salt Dough Star Garland - 1 for me and 1 for a friend
Chipboard Weight Inserts for recipe binders I made for the twins, with pockets and fun little things
"Our Wish for You, Less Dishes to Do" tag (To go with gift of Christmas themed paper goods)
Christmas Class Treat/Gift TBD
Christmas gift tags (I recycle chipboard weight clothing price tags - have a whole mess of them waiting!)
Recipe Binders for my sister and my sister in law - 1 binder in progress

NEW:

Looking for wool sweaters at thrift stores to felt and make into fingerless gloves and casserole cozies...

Lots of other 2020 plans including:

Harry Potter birthday themed goody bags and filler items [DONE]
Birthday gifts for the twins [DONE] (Added vinyl to mini zipper pouches)
Recipe Binder for friend's spring birthday [DONE]
Valentine's day class and teacher treats [DONE]
Easter class and teacher treats (i.e. tags to go with gift items) [SKIPPED :( ]
I want to do vinyl decals on my cake carriers just for fun
Toolbag + Iron On Vinyl with "Best Dad in the history of ever" saying for DH for Father's Day
Halloween Class Treats TBD
Lots and lots of greeting cards for all occasions [In Progress]

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ an amazing list. I am keen to see what the salt dough garland looks like.

I think that it will be an amazing crafting year.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Started collecting items to make Christmas gnomes. LC1 and I think DD would enjoy the craft.

DD wants to make a craft she saw on one of our Christmas Cards.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Adding to my list:
I found a skating skirt that was my sister in laws that I had stashed. She wasn’t interested in it when I found it at my mother in laws house. The fabric is pretty but I’ve never done any thing with it so I’m making my niece some throw pillows for Christmas.
I still have some quilt blocks from grandma that I think I will make into throw pillows for the cousins. It seems a shame to have them in a box and not being enjoyed.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Three knitted dishcloths and a scrubby or two for Mother’s Day —done
Easter dress for DGD--done
Knitted Dishcloths for DD December birthday
Totes-one for each DD birthday—done
Birthday cards

Christmas:
Knitted Dishcloths for DS
Nightgown for DGD
Pj’s for yDGS
Hat for DD boyfriend
Gift tags—done
Christmas cards

Plus whatever I decide to make for myself—two dresses are on that list.
Forgot but adding:
Ornaments for DGC
Bags for ornaments
Cloth box-not sure if it will be for DGD birthday or Christmas--done and b-day

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been a little behind in the crafting this year, the weather is starting to cool down here so time to hibernate and get some stuff done. Christmas seems so far away but will be here before I know it.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be sitting down over the next few days and looking at ideas for "Back to Basics" in case things are not back to normal by Christmas.
I am looking at things like homemade lemonade, salt dough ornaments, bath salts and knitted face cloths.
I know we normally do a lot of homemade gifts but maybe this year will be more than normal.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'm going to make Walking Pharmacies for Vic and Sophia this year. It's not really a handmade craft, it's more of a gathering-from-a-variety-of-sources craft. It's a collection of things that you might need, can be kept in your car, handbag, backpack. I've been watching a couple of Pretty Neat Living's You Tube videos - she's updated hers three times in the last eight years, I guess they evolve. It's basically a cosmetic-type bag with things like Kleenex, hand sanitizer, cuticle oil, hand cream, band-aids, a safety pin, deodorant towelettes, stain remover, cotton swabs, a pen, flossers, sweetener packets, screen cloth, Chapstick, comb or collapsible brush - just a whole lot of things that often float around in your handbag or backpack all in one easy to reach holder.

I've seen something ready-made at Sephora but it seemed to have things in it that I really wouldn't use so I wanted to make Vic's and Sophia's a bit more personal. I'll be roughing up a list and then when we can go shopping and browsing again, I'll see what's out there.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela that is a wonderful idea. You could add Paracetamol and a nail file, a tiny notebook or note paper.
I am sure that both Sophia and Vic will love them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As we head towards the middle of May (and Winter for us), I have sat and prioritised what crafts I need to start next. Doing OK here but am hoping to get a lot more done over our Winter months. I still have quite a few gifts to finish but if I get on to them quickly I should have them all finished in time.

How are you all doing with your crafting lists?

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, not so good.... My mini biographies got put to the wayside once the shut down happened. I got pre-occupied with adjusting to things around here. I guess this is my incentive to get back to it.

I've started up on another hobby in the mean time - making spice mixes and liqueurs. I've been planting herbs and I bought a lot of spices for the spice mixes. I've made spearmint extract, anise extract, coffee liqueur and lemon liqueur this weekend. I'm planning on making more extracts and liqueurs in the next few weeks. They need to age for a few months. If the spice mixes and liqueurs turn out, they may become Christmas gifts.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Wow I love these lists some great ideas! I used to do crafty things but not any more. They just slowly slid off to the side. I started several knit dish cloths but not much else.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, sounds like you have been very busy. The spice mixes sound great.
Mum and I are making several different breadcrumbs to store in jars and give as presents. We will be storing left over bread in the freezer and before Christmas will make bread crumbs and add different seasonings. We think that they can be used for au gratin potatoes or in meatloaf or to roll hamburgers in, that sort of thing. A very back to basics gift.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wow I love these lists some great ideas! I used to do crafty things but not any more. They just slowly slid off to the side. I started several knit dish cloths but not much else.
Shannon, we all get busy and stray away form things, hopefully you will find some time to do things that you enjoy.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I'm going to make Walking Pharmacies for Vic and Sophia this year. It's not really a handmade craft, it's more of a gathering-from-a-variety-of-sources craft. It's a collection of things that you might need, can be kept in your car, handbag, backpack. I've been watching a couple of Pretty Neat Living's You Tube videos - she's updated hers three times in the last eight years, I guess they evolve. It's basically a cosmetic-type bag with things like Kleenex, hand sanitizer, cuticle oil, hand cream, band-aids, a safety pin, deodorant towelettes, stain remover, cotton swabs, a pen, flossers, sweetener packets, screen cloth, Chapstick, comb or collapsible brush - just a whole lot of things that often float around in your handbag or backpack all in one easy to reach holder.

Love the idea .. I may do a couple smaller similar versions of this for some extended family members that would be perfect to keep in their cars.