Christmas in July 2016 - day 7

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Anything fun planned for you?

My blogpost of inserts for Christmas card is up this morning :)

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
We are in the middle of watching Santa Clause 3. We have hot chocolate and mars bar cookies- I did not make them but picked them up at the shops. The heater is on and its cosy and warm inside- cold outside though! I might go through my planner later when DS goes to bed.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I will continue to work on Christmas planning today! Finalizing menus, baking plans, etc. and then updating my master grocery list spreadsheet mainly.

I may browse for stocking stuffer ideas as well! I like the idea of bookmarking them as someone else mentioned recently!

:santa3:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Not much Planned here. maybe I will Listen to some Christmas music today.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
With working full time its hard to plan much so I have been catching a movie or 2 on the Hallmark Channel. I think I weekend I will work on updating my binder ... need to get more ink first so I can print out some new sheets for it though. Its way to hot to do much outside ands its suppose to stay that way through the weekend.. good excuse to stay inside and do something Christmas related.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Listening to Captain & Tennille Christmas CD - bought it last year. I just love Christmas music - it makes me feel good. DH will make aebleskivers for lunch; I'm looking forward to it. We were introduced to aebleskivers years ago at a Scandinavian Days celebration. One of my treasures that I unpack first whenever we move is the cast iron aebleskiver pan.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I ordered Meet Me In St Louis from Amazon! :)

I also ordered a copy of The Pajama Elves for DS this year. Can't wait!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My new planner came in yesterday. I went through this morning and placed a Christmas sticker on Rudolph Day each month.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ I google it all. what is the age for the book The pajama Elves?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
luludou - Hmmm, I would guess that The Pajama Elves would work for very young children up to whatever point young ones are still "believing" :)

It's heavy on pictures, but a really cute idea about the elves magically measuring the children for a special pair of pajamas, how they will be delivered etc. I'm really looking forward to reading the book with DS this year and having a "delivery" of his Christmas PJs!

Have you never seen Meet Me In St Louis? It is SUCH a good movie! I've been showing DS clips of some of the songs on YouTube and I'm hoping he'll watch the full movie with me!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ thanks for the info for the book. no have never seen meet me in St-Louis

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
When I was in high school, our choir put on the play of Meet Me in St. Louis! What fun...