Christmas in July 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Every year I tell myself I am going to do a CIJ celebration but every year July passes & I do not. Last year we had our July family dinner outdoors & I am really wanting to do the same thing this year. That means there may not be a CIJ this year either. :)

Sometimes when you have something else going on, it is tough to plan time for CIJ. Maybe put a Christmas CD in your car, or read a chapter or two of a Christmas book when you can, or even have a decoration or two at your desk or somewhere else to remind you to think CIJ thoughts when you can? It's really all about looking ahead to December when it's supposed to be less busy in July but I know that's not always the case!

Reactions: Lolwlias

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
In the past I have preferred to make plans with a girlfriend to test out recipes while letting Christmas movies play in the background. If I can't do that with someone else, I have also done it myself. Hoping to be able to watch QVC CIJ special this year - we don't have cable anymore but DH mentioned recently that we have some sort of thing now that will let us watch that channel...will have to ask him again!

Reactions: Minta

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Christmas in July 2017 Themes going up on a new thread - looking forward to hearing all about everyone's celebration. There will be a daily thread each day in July where you can post your activities or a link to your blog if you're a blogger. If you're new to Christmas in July, let us know if you have any questions.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not sure if we are actually doing much for Christmas in July.
My events will be more planning and discussing with the kids.

I will bring out all of my Christmas totes and clean them out and donate/throw out anything I no longer want or need.
I will also go through my Christmas cards, wraps, tags and ribbons and make a list in my planner of what I might need. Then as soon as it is available in the shops I ill grab what I want.

I also want to try rearranging the loungeroom this year for Christmas and put the tree in a corner if the room. Last year it was in our study are off the loungeroom and I am not sure I like it there. If I move the couches etc now and see if I like it it will give me an idea of if that will work come December.

I need to sit down with my mum and enter all the dates for baking into our planners. We have a few important dates that we need to enter, Stocking wrapping days, wrapping party days and baking days. We will do this next week while playing a Christmas CD.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've done Christmas in July in the past full swing..Some years I can and some I can't. July is ALWAYS a crazy month for me. Lots of birthdays, anniversaries, the holiday, trips, etc. But I should be able to do a few post. I don't do them ahead of time, I just go with the flow. :) I haven't used my blog in a long, long time. I usually just post to Instagram or Facebook, but might give it a shot again.