Christmas Wrapping Parties 2016

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by happy2bme, Aug 3, 2016.

1. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

We are coming down to the wire!!

Are all of those gifts wrapped?

I hope all the paper, ribbon and bows are put away and waiting for next year.

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Have dd's gifts to wrap, it'll be done when we come back as she will only receive them when she comes january 7th

3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Thanks Mel for keeping us on schedule this year with the wrapping. I made it with plenty of time.
    Now to check that I have supplies for next year and to tidy up the spare room that is awash with paper, tape and ribbons.

4. happy2bme

Katrina - I have a list of wrapping supplies that I will need for next year. If I ever venture out of my house, I will buy some - only on sale, of course. :D

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I did learn that everyone enjoyed having their gifts in bags so they didn't have to unwrap each item. I'll be doing that again.

6. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mel, for hosting the wrapping party dates! Two gifts didn't get wrapped because they came in after we unwrapped presents...one for DH and one for DDIL. Guess I need to order earlier next year!

I set up a 4 foot table in the living room and wrapped on it. That worked well, and I'll probably do that again next year.

7. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Active Member

Can I say I'm horrible at this. Just being honest. Every year I put the dates on the calendar as a reminder if anything..and every year for the last 5 years or so I end up wrapping last minute. DRIVES ME CRAZY.... This year was better, because I had the time to set a day aside to do it, but still I was wrapping a few gifts last minute before guest arrived and I don't want to repeat that again. Again I think because I have so much stuff, it's just hard to get it out. I'm really going to analyze a plan for myself this upcoming year. I think one of the things is me waiting longer to buy gifts. I use to buy most of them by November..waiting for my daughters final list, but I've become a black friday shopper, then I decorate that following week and put the gifts off. I need a compromise with myself.

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Michelle, Try gift bags. It's still wrapping but much easier. I tape closed those bags that I think someone might peak into. Duck tape works well for this. Those that I do not have to tape closed can be added to if needed.

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

This year I wrapped later than usual... because I was missing some things for DD!! will NOT do that next year... no reason too as she always has a nice list done ahead of time.

10. sweetpumkinpye

Some years are better than others when it comes to wrapping.
    I use a combination of wrapping and gift bags. Even though I don't like wrapping, I do like the look of wrapped gifts under the tree.

Looking forward to the wrapping party dates for this year. Even if you have nothing to wrap use it as a planning day.

jampss likes this.
  11. Christmaslvr

Christmaslvr Member

Great idea!

12. Minta

Minta Member

I am also a black Friday shopper and that is when I probably get half my shopping done. I do not like wrapping the kids gift in stages because sometime I forget what it is that I already wrapped. Plus the santa gifts do not get name tags. We may not spend the same amount on the kids but they get equal amount of gifts to open. I plan on taking a day off from work sometime in the first 2 weeks of Dec and get all my wrapping done then. No Kids and No hubby!!!

Christmaslvr and happy2bme like this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

Minta, that sounds like a great plan. Put on some Christmas music and grab the supplies and wrap.

Minta and Christmaslvr like this.
  14. happy2bme

Great plan, Minta!

Minta likes this.