Cinnamon baking chips...where in the world are they?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So, I have been looking and looking for what feels like forever for the packages of cinnamon flavored baking chips that I used to see in stores.

Hersheys is the brand I used to see and buy. I have the BEST recipe for Snickerdoodle Bars, but it depends on using those chips!

Do you guys think this is a seasonal item? I can find it on Amazon - at way high prices - or on Walmart's website but I can only order online, they don't carry in stores.

Just curious if anyone else might know what the deal is with this product :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have not seen them in a while. I wonder if its a seasonal item? Like in the fall? Time to stock up!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Funny!!! We ran to a grocery store this afternoon and I saw a cake mix cinnamon bun and thought I would get one for Allens snacks next week to do little muffins and I was looking for them. I even had Allen relook to see if I missed them. I haven't seen them for awhile either. A co-worker would get them from a small grocery store in her town when I mentioned I couldn't find them but that has been a yr. or more since she brought me some. I ended up getting him the apple caramel mix instead since I didn't have the chips.

We will have to watch for them in fall/winter. I used them in a couple of different recipes.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I havent seen them in the stores since the holidays. if you need them now you might be able to order them on line.

I started stocking up on the mint baking chips during the holiday season so i can have them during the summer incase the kids want mint cookies or brownies.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
I haven't seen them here which is strange as stores are starting to put out the fall-winter things already,i agree Minta,i keep pantry fully stocked as i already have orders for some fall items.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Be sure to ask all the store managers in your area when they are getting those chips. They might start ordering them if they know people are interested.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks guys!

Good thought - Ahorsesoul! Maybe I can find out if they plan to restock. I typically do not shop at Walmart but they are most like to carry it during the holidays I guess since you can buy bags now online - you just have to pay another 5 dollars shipping unless you are ordering a larger $ amount total.

Not wanting to spend $35 just to get a bag of cinnamon chips at the normal price plus free shipping LOL

Hopefully it is just a seasonal thing! I'll have to buy extra when I do find it!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh checked yesterday, they are on our shelves at our local stores.