Craft Challenge January 28th-February 3rd, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The first month of the year will soon be gone!

I have made some scrubbies. Thinking of running by Wal-Mart to get some tulle so can crochet at the nursing home when we go today. Have a lot of netting in a tote and wasn't planning to buy any (use stuff up) but........

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I hope to start making the CIJ ornaments this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Played around with the wreath yesterday for February, tied 2 wooden hearts to the wreath with heart ribbon and added a small blackboard pick that I had written love on. It can stay up all of February for Valentines day and DH and my anniversary on the 22nd.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We got home a day early. DBroIL was sick and tested positive with the flu. He was pretty sick, so we came on home. Now we've been exposed, so will try to lay low for a few days till we're past the incubation period and hopefully still healthy! I had planned to get together with friends on Tuesday, so will have to miss that. Bummer. Hope no one else in DBroIL's family gets sick. He can't get the flu shot for other health reasons. We had ours.

So I read in the car on the way home instead of doing any knitting. I thought for sure I would finish the herringbone scarf, and it's probably actually long enough that I could just bind off. Might do that this evening.

I can get back to and maybe finish the I-Spy quilt for Julia tomorrow (since I'm quarantined).

Other things I need to work on:

• Felt food for Sonja
  • Valentines
  • Felt Christmas stocking kit

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, hope you don't get anything--either of you.

Katrina, wreath sounds cute.

Jody, I need to try the one I picked out and see.

Went to get tulle yesterday and I did (but didn't crochet she was in bed and no place to sit) but also saw some fall fabric and thought I would get 1 to 1 1/2 yds at 3.74 and the lady told me it was on sale for 75 cents a yard and 4 yards were left so got it for $3.00. Hoping to do some fall items for my sister and her partner. They always have Thanksgiving.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Hope no one gets that flu! My cousin has it and she's been sick like a dog and she's only in her fifties. They even gave her some cortisone for 18 days because it is now in her lungs.

I knitted a bit more on the socks but my yarn broke, so I've been looking on youtube hot to tie it - I will call the knitting lady to see how she does it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I spent all day Saturday working on projects for DS's birthday part this coming weekend. Biggest project was completing 18 sets of 8 shadow puppets for the goody bags. Here are some shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/39966240111/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/39256258454/in/dateposted-public/

I also printed, cut and stapled a "You R2 Awesome" label to each good bag that has a simple drawing of R2 on it.

I tried and failed to download a Star Wars font - it was sent to my husband's work email and he couldn't access it until today. So tonight I will download that - fingers crossed it works!!! - and use to create the big Happy Birthday sign and several small fun food label signs. Also want to make a little "Come to the Dark Side - We have cake" sign :)

One last project for good bags is making Galaxy Slime. Have all the ingredients, just ran out of time yesterday to tackle it. Want to make a small test batch tonight, plan to make the large batch on Wednesday night. Will put in snack bags, seal and then tape on a simple label I need to create and print.

Made it to Michael's yesterday and got two wreath forms and the fondant I need for one of the cakes. WAS SO BUMMED - I need a 2.5" scallop circle punch for a wreath project and they had a spot for them - on clearance for $7.99 and they were all gone! :( UGH! Will look online today instead I guess!

Reactions: jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
wow that birthday party will be awesome AJ! Can't wait to see pictures.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, Lucie! I'm really hoping it all goes to plan!

Here is a shot of the Yoda plates I made for the kids to use for the pizza, etc.:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/39073058935/in/dateposted-public/

And here is a shot of the way the goody bags look:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/39073058455/in/dateposted-public/

This week is going to be TIGHT as I pull together all the final details for his party PLUS the food for the Superbowl party we are having on Sunday. And I have to find time to clean my house for company somewhere in there too! :eek::D

Reactions: jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love the Stars Wars Theme!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Monday means laundry so that is started. We just had lunch. DD is napping. Dh is either going to nap or run some errands around town. I'm just kind of floating from item to item. Did not make a list which would help.

DD asked me to help her clean her room. I did but she wasn't going to get rid of anything so everything was just moved around. I did bag up some craft projects for her. Not sure how long it will stay organized. lol

This weekend I was working on a shadow box. I have a wooden pig bread board that was my grandmothers. I've told my niece she will get it once I can part with it. I have the bread board, several old photos, an old recipe, GM's naturalization certificate, a doily, an old tortoise shell hair clip and a shipping label from the trip from Norway to America. I'd like to include a pair of old eye glasses since GM wore small wire rimmed glasses. I do not have a pair that was hers but I might order something from eBay. It looks finished with the glasses because I tried a pair that was my Dad's in the case.

Bread board story (which I will need to print off to include).
My mother was dating a guy who's family did carpentry. The dad really wanted his son to marry my mom. He made a large wooden pig bread board and a bedside table for my mom. Grandmother had a fit until my mom asked the guy to make her a pig board too. So that's how Grandmother this board. I do wish I had ask my mom the name of the family but of course didn't think about it at the time.

Enjoy your day.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Diedra would love to see a picture when done. It will be amazing.

AJ - My son loves star wars and he's 24!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ That party will be so much fun for your DS and his friends! You're the party mom!

I didn't get as far quilting on the I-Spy as I originally thought I might yesterday, but finished it up today. It needs to be squared up to remove excess batting and batting before adding the binding, but my cutting table is laden with my embroidery machine, boxes of thread, etc. for creating Valentine motifs. I have two Valentine motifs done and a start on the third. I want to do three more, then make cards with them.

I did my third cast-on for the prayer shawl. It doesn't seem to matter how easy a pattern is, I need to cast on three times before I get it the way I want it. The first time, I tried to start out with a different edging that I ended up not liking. The second time, I decided I wanted to add more stitches to make it wider. Third time I think I'm off and running.

So today I ordered a new sewing machine table. It's a little larger than I technically wanted, but I think we can finesse it to fit. I should have more drawer space than what I have now. My DSisIL would like to have my old sewing table.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Everyone's stuff sounds so creative!!

I've been crocheting rat scarves and bookmarks. But now I'm crocheting a spring colored butterfly scarf.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
jampss ~ That's a switch! Much more to my taste.

I'm visiting a friend today and hope to have a chance to work on the I-Spy quilt binding while we chat.

I've got some machine embroidery Valentine motifs done as well as a heart-shaped coin purse for Iris. There are so many machine embroidery ideas on my "Brain Bunnies" list. I think I could keep it stitching 24/7 for quite some time.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Did not get an ornament made. I need a item and will go to Michaels here in a day or two to get what I need.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
jampss ~ That's a switch! Much more to my taste.
I'm visiting a friend today and hope to have a chance to work on the I-Spy quilt binding while we chat.
LOL DahliaDoll ... I know, right! But I crochet the rat things for DD25 Fancy Pet Rat customers. They like to anything 'rat'. ;)

Your I-Spy quilt sounds too cute!!