Crafters Challenge August 20th-26th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

I think I have decided on my project for the 12 days of Christmas. I am thinking an armchair caddy with pincushion on top. Maybe but not sure a thread basket with it. Will think about it the next couple of days and then will have to get some more sewing theme fabric.

Seems like several were busy last week! GREAT job ladies!

What is your plan for this week?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana how may do you make for the 12 days of Christmas group? I have been looking at the thread basket and thinking of making one for Mom, sister and myself. I end up with thread everywhere..

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
You have to make 12 items but I do 13 and send the item I do to the hostess too. Can be all different or the same. I do the same item. I received a thread basket years ago on this swap and use it all the time. This would be a smaller one attached to the caddy.

I have a pattern for a thread basket if you would be interested I would copy and mail it to you. Anybody else I will too. You can find them online too. I have planning to make my mom and maybe niece (she is in 7th and has her moms machine) one for Christmas.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Thank you for your offer Lana. If I can't find one I like I will let you know. I think I have pinned some on Pinterest.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Greetings, fellow crafters! :) This week is back to school week for DS so things are going to be hectic. My plan is to get some kits put together for more felt food items and other projects. We'll see how it goes!

This weekend flew by - between taking a huge amount of stuff to Goodwill (gave up on having a garage sale) and housework and painting (touch ups) time just was gone!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I was so pleased to finish Sonja’s quilt last week and make a good start on the I-Spy quilt. I won’t get much done on the I-Spy this week though since we are at the lake till Thursday or Friday. I should have some good crafting time here though. What I SHOULD do is work on Julia’s Christmas stocking, but what I really WANT to do is some CCS. I brought both with me, and also yarn to make some knit hats for Sonja and Julia for Christmas.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am really hoping I can start getting something done craft wise just not sure, what I have all these ideas and supplies, just no time. I am hoping to work on some wine bottle crafts this week at least

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
went to the knitting ladies... have lots of homework to do and will start a new pair of socks simultaneously.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Sure not getting any crafting done the last few days. I think I'm reluctant to get back to the felt kit Christmas stocking. I've been reading instead.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I haven't been getting much done. DD0 is cutting a new tooth. #7. I don't remember the others having so many teeth this young! That combined with the hot muggy weather has made for a cranky little one who I can't put down much, even at night time. I always make something homemade for each of my girls, so at the very least I need to finish DD6's sweater and knit DD4 a cute little hat or something quick. Not to mention that I haven't even started DD0's stocking.

I keep reminding myself in a year or two I'll have plenty of time to knit but no little baby to cuddle.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I keep reminding myself in a year or two I'll have plenty of time to knit but no little baby to cuddle.
That's absolutely right. Get the cuddling in while you can! I'll bet DD0 won't even realize it if she doesn't have a Mom-made stocking this year! What kind do you make?

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
That's absolutely right. Get the cuddling in while you can! I'll bet DD0 won't even realize it if she doesn't have a Mom-made stocking this year! What kind do you make?

True - she probably couldn't care less about the stocking. I knit them from an old Mary Maxim pattern. I originally tried to make them the same ones we had as kids, but I just couldn't make it come out (was a fancier intarsia pattern) so I just did it in red and green. Only problem (other than not having time to knit it) is that DD0's name is twice as long as anyone else's in the family, and I don't think I can knit it into the top like the others. She may have to settle for her initials.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
True - she probably couldn't care less about the stocking. I knit them from an old Mary Maxim pattern. I originally tried to make them the same ones we had as kids, but I just couldn't make it come out (was a fancier intarsia pattern) so I just did it in red and green. Only problem (other than not having time to knit it) is that DD0's name is twice as long as anyone else's in the family, and I don't think I can knit it into the top like the others. She may have to settle for her initials.
Are the letters knit into the body of the stocking? Can you find directions to knit in a "smaller font" size? Or does she have a shorter nick-name?

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Are the letters knit into the body of the stocking? Can you find directions to knit in a "smaller font" size? Or does she have a shorter nick-name?

The letters are knit right in, and it's a chunky wool, so I can't really make it any smaller. I don't have a nickname for her really.....but maybe I could try to come up with one by Christmas lol. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've gotten a big fat NOTHING done so far this week! Just keeping my head above water with keeping up with housework on top of what has felt crazy with back to school schedule and work has been hectic too.

I'm going to do another wave of felt food soon though - little girl's birthday they are for is Sept 6th so the clock is ticking!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I've gotten a big fat NOTHING done so far this week! Just keeping my head above water with keeping up with housework on top of what has felt crazy with back to school schedule and work has been hectic too.

I'm going to do another wave of felt food soon though - little girl's birthday they are for is Sept 6th so the clock is ticking!

I forgot about felt food. DD4 has asked for food for her kitchen for Christmas. I hadn't even considered trying to make it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished a sample I had to knit, so that can be put away. been thinking of crafts I need to do ...
knit socks (learning socks), 1 other pair of socks for christmas, felt ice cream cones for a Halloween costume, felt ornaments for my cousin, maybe felt cookies... I love the cookie-monster tutu costume on pinterest.. but I do need to find a tutu though. oh my..... I have alot to do!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lucie the tutu makes up really fast if you want to make it. Pinterest has lot of tutorials for them just enter diy no sew tutu and you will find them.