Crafters Challenge August 6th-12th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the first FULL week of August!

And we have a birthday today---HAPPY BIRTHDAY for a fellow crafter! AuntJ, have a GREAT day. Hope you are feeling good as new!

Sorry if I have not pinpointed other birthdays but saw where she had one coming!

I am deep into cleaning yet so not sure when crafting we assume here. Probably at pressure points when it has to be done! No, I think I will do better than that.

What are your plans for the week?

Happy crafting!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Birthday AJ!

Not sure I'll get much done but should meet the knitting-lady on Tuesday to do the heels of the socks.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Happy Birthday AJ!

Tease and Squeeze with Julia is over. She went home today. :sad: She's so sweet, and what a kick watching the two little ones learn to get along. It was finally on their last day together that they stopped saying "mine!" and started to share a little better. Watching them run around and chase each other squealing and giggling was such a delight!

DD wants to spend this week sewing. She is planning to make 2 quilts; one for Julia and one for Sonja. Iris has two friends who want owls like the one I made for her, so Iris and I made 3 of them today (DD wanted one too). Iris also wants to make some pom poms to decorate a hat that she has (to make it look like a Santa hat), and I just gave all my white yarn to Goodwill. That's what I get for trying to "purge". Iris also wants me to make her a crayon pouch (with crayon fabric that she saw in my stash) to take crayons to school in.

So DD got the base of one quilt done today (jelly-roll-race-style) that she is going to put flower appliques onto. We went to JoAnns today to get fabric for borders and backing. We weren't thinking about the time, and shortly after we walked in, they announced they were closing in 10 minutes. We hurried and were able to get the fabrics and a few other items on our list (including white yarn).

I bought some EZBun things at a street market for the girls to do their hair up in buns and it works so well for Iris' hair that I've been searching for a tutorial of how to make them. I found this:
http://www.ikatbag.com/2009/06/operation-summer-hair-rescue-part-2-how.html which looks just like the ones I bought. I got some wire today when we were at JoAnns. Another project to add to the list.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, guys!

Spent some time cleaning up my crafting room yesterday. Added a hanger loop to a wreath I crafted a while back for a gift this year and found a box I'll be able to wrap it in. Sorted out a bunch of felt scraps back into their drawers, etc. Now everything is ready for the next wave of crafting :)

Reactions: Miss JoDee

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Thinking a visit to Knit Knackers is in order - need to pickup some yarn to start Christmas projects on my list. Finished my basket of 'mending' that has been piling up, ready to start something new!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
waiting for the kitting-lady to call :( ... guess it won't be this week as today was the day I was off.

Made a cushion for ds. after I took the picture I added ribbons to the open side to tie it upIMG_0302rsz.jpg

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thank you! Knitting lady just called I will be going from 1 to 3

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We did part of the heel today. I have to work on the 2nd sock heel. Will have to go another time to finish heel and start the foot and I think I'll need another time afterwards for the toes. I did bring her the wool I found and next week I'll be good to start another pair so I'll always have something I can work on!. I can start my scarf now too as she has shown me how to do it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lots of activity going on!

Nice cushion Lucie!

DD, sounds like fun with the girls! Where do they live? Thinking you have daughters in 2 or 3 states? Love that they are all crafty!

AJ, good job getting one wrapped!

HouseElf, can't wait to hear what you will be making!

Sunday a.m. Teigan wanted to cut some fabric so she sat in rocker next to sewing machine and I got her scissors and she cut scrap pieces. I patched 3 items. I did take a couple patterns to work with me yesterday so I could read the instructions.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ I’m glad you got connected with your knitting lady. It sounds like you are making some great progress. Very nice cushion!

Lana ~ I have two DDs. One lives in Anchorage, and one lives in Lincoln, NE. We live just about smack in between with Alaska Airlines offering non-stop flights to both locations. It was sure nice when they lived closer though! Isn’t it great to craft with grandchildrein?!

DD had a friend visit us today with her three DDs, including a baby (just 6 months old). DD and I had worked on some owls that the older girls could finish with some hand sewing and stuffing and have something to take home with them. I finished them off with the hot glue gun for attaching the base and the eyes. They turned out cute. The girls seem very pleased with them.

Iris and I also finished her crayon pouch today

DD is also plugging along on a quilt that she is making for Sonja. I will probably be finishing the quilting after they leave. I'm sure DD won't be able to find time to finish it when she returns home and gets back to work teaching.

So I have a few new posts with pictures on my blog.

DD, Iris and Sonja leave tomorrow evening. The quiet will be nice in a way, but quite sad in another. We just live too far apart! But so glad they want to come and spend time with us when they can.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD visited your blog and left some comments. My dd lives 2 hours away and I find that far! :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Oh how I would love just a 2 hour drive. Count your blessings!

Thanks for your comments on my blog.