Crafters Challenge Dec. 25th thru Jan. 1st, 2017!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ahorsesoul and DD a great idea after I get my new phone I will have to do so. I know if I do it now I won't transfer to new phone I desperately need.

I was helping ds18 pack the other day for his Florida trip that he left for this morning, and realized I have so much to make and buy this year he is off to college in July or August depending on which school he chooses his sister still uses all her stuff so he needs all new with some big purchases (his uncle and aunt already said they would buy him a refrigerator like they did dd, my parents are buying him a new computer for graduation since they gave my other ds, and dn money, the girls they give special jewelry) but there is still so much more he will need. I am sitting down tonight and making lists, between him leaving, school clothes for dd and of course him, Christmas, birthdays I need to get organized for the year.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow, enjoyed reading over everyone's plans.

I did not get to craft this year at all. So, wanting to for 2017.

I have a question ... my DN23 gave me three shirts that she would like turned into something. She doesn't want to part with them. Other than a pillow ... what else can I do with them? One of them is a hoodie!

Thx

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
jampss that is a hard one hope you find something.

I got one set of wine glass candle holders done and just found another one that I painted at some point this past year that is the color I need just needs touch up so will do that tonight and get it clear coated so that I can put initial on tomorrow so that I can let it dry to get wrapped up and put away. I have decided that I am going to give my niece a set of those and make her a tulle, buy her something small and she will be completely done. This past year I picked up the girls makeup bags at Victoria secret last Feb for like $3.75 each so I guess when I head to the mall again I will see what I can find in there since miss Kayla has informed me they have their semi-annual sale going on

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jampss ~ I think throw pillows is a great idea! Or even regular pillowcases. I’ve seen them made into quilts. Putting them on a tote bag might be nice. You could even frame them. I’m assuming she doesn’t mind if you cut them up. It’s very sweet that she asked you!

I’m making progress on the growth chart. Seems slower than yesterday, but I’m trying to watch football at the same time as well as working on a harder part of it … that shouldn’t have been harder, I finally figured out. Oh, well, a little seam ripping is humbling.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have seen a teddy bear made out of a mans shirt (sort of a memorial).
Is there enough fabric in the hoodie to make a teddy bear?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thank you all for the t-shirt upcycle ideas. Teddy bear ... hmmmmm.