Crafters Challenge December 10th-15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Only about 2 more weeks of this thread for 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have to do:

Moms sewing caddy---the back and top made I have to put the pockets on, binding and then do the the thread catcher for it.

My sisters microwave bowl thingies (maybe) and some potholders for her from Wonder Woman material.

I am thinking probably next week before I do them will see.

What are your plans for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'll still be working on a couple gift ideas that need to get in the mail! A pin cushion thread catcher for DD, and perhaps some felt food (pancakes, syrup, butter, banana) for DGD.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Monday I'm going to do some more clay ornaments.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am going to work on an unfinished project that is for DD 27.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Thanks, Lucie! I fell in love with that panel the first time I saw it. I have more coordinating fabric for another project.

Well, I'm now in good shape as far as crafting gifts go; but I'm a little concerned about gifts to be purchased and delivered (mailed). Gotta spend some time on the internet!

I made a pin cushion/scrap bag today and felt food for Sonja (3 pancakes, syrup and sliced bananas). I want to make one more pancake; but I need one more piece of felt and some embroidery floss.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello everyone! Long time no posting! I have been down and out with sickness and am just now starting to surface. Still not better completely, dr is trying me on new med. Fingers crossed because I still can't eat anything!

I'm down a size though! :D

I am done with crafting gifts for this Christmas - not because I finished everything I wanted to but because I am DONE. Stick a fork in me! lol

I didn't finish the cork ornaments and several other things, but since I crafted a ton this year I don't think anyone will really notice!

Right now I am craving crafting time though! My thoughts are turning to DS's birthday which is Feb 5th. I need to start planning his party, crafting invites, decorations, and possibly items to go in the goody bags.

And right about now my thoughts turn to what I might like to craft for Easter decor. I want to make a really nice patriotic wreath for summertime next year too. I have some of the supplies already purchased but need to get the rest.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd like to start my 2018 craft planning too! and get whatever might be needed (Christmassy) while there are still christmas stuff in stores.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
It's good that you ladies are thinking ahead. I always see great deals after Christmas but never have anything in mind as to what to do. Then later I see something and wish I had made the purchase. I am at the point where I am doing my best to use what I have (a lot) and not purchase. Now would be a great time to plan projects and make a list and check to see if I have all the necessary items.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Sure hope you can find some effective medication!

Ah! Just as I am about to finish up all my Christmas crafting, we're all looking ahead to 2018 of course! I have a bit of glue to apply, set and dry on some hair clips and clip holder for Julia, then I need to be done for 2017. Today we are focused on wrapping and mailing!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Wrapping and mailing are done. I do want to knit one more white dish cloth for a friend to give to her next Wednesday.

Several more pictures on my blog for you to check out if you'd like.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Nope, not doing the dish cloth after all. I have three in my stash.

I want to make myself one more caftan. Hopefully get started on it today. Then, who knows? The pressure is off.

I do need to keep in mind that Valentines, Easter, 4 April birthdays and Mother's Day seem to start piling up after the first of the year, and if I want to make CCS cards for all of them, I need plan ahead, let alone any crafted gifts.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Felt ornaments will be done next Christmas. Time is up for this year! Now is time to enjoy and relax a bit

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ You're wise to "let it go" till next year!

I did finish one more caftan. Now I need to figure out what crafts to take along on our trip (leaving Thursday). Some knitting, CCS and perhaps the felt stocking kit for Sonja (Christmas 2018).

I might have time to work a little more on those red poinsettia placemats (I hope).

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I may try doing another clay figure. I'd like to do one of DS and DGS together if I can think of something. Maybe the two of them sitting together playing. I also would like to make my hair stylist a shadow box. She was telling me she wants to put the clay figure DD gave into one. If I take a photo of her station at work it would make a great background for the shadow box.

I also need to finish a fishing shadow box for LC1's DGD. We took her trout fishing for her birthday. She even ate her fish. I saved the backbone of the fish. I know I'm a little strange but it will look cool in a shadow box of her first fishing trip.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Diedra, that sounds like a nice ideal with her station in the background. I also think it is cool with the backbone kept.

I swallowed a nail one time when little and at my grandparents while great uncles were roofing a shed and I was talking and one of them dropped a nail and down it went. G'ma recouped it later---lol and she cleaned it up and tied a red yarn bow on it and I still have it!!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Diedra I love your shadow boxes! the clay figures are so cute!

Lana - that is funny and a gret souvenir

Reactions: Ahorsesoul