Crafters Challenge December 11th-17th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
TWO WEEKS from today and Christmas is here!!!!!

Yesterday Allen painted 3 mini canvass so can do snowman with Teigans fingers today.

My list is about the same as last weeks: I did work on a few things in it but didn't get all done.
Bindings
seasoning salt to jars
get vanilla bottles
snowman pillows
scrubbies tied
ornaments

We will start making some candies this week and bake next week-end so evenings and a.m.s will be busy!

What is on your agenda?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not sure anything else will be done before Christmas... if so I have 2 felt ornaments I'd like to make

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The 3 little mini canvass have Teigans fingers on them and then I have some snow tex along the bottom drying. Then will put the hats and faces on. Some glitter over snow tex. Not sure if I will make as an ornament or what.

I finished 2 yo yo ornments. Yos Yos are made and I would like finish out maybe 4 or 5 more.

Finished the binding on 2 sides of a quilt so 3 are left. Allen is putting new tape on the LED light strip that they sent me and I will start another one.

On Thursday a guy brought his hockey shirt in for me to sew a patch on. I left it at work knowing my weekend was full. Might bring it home tom. night.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

For Christmas crafts, I have some white knit dish cloths I want to make for a friend. I will see her on the 20th, so want to have them done by then.

Other than that, I need to organize all the gift crafts I have made to have them wrapped or packed with gift bags to take to AK with us. I already gave DD#2 her hand-crafted gifts, but need to have her let me know what charitable donations she would like in her name this year, as that is what she decided she wanted to give and receive.

I have a few gifts to get wrapped for DH. We probably won't take our own gifts to each other with us to AK.

And I still need to decide what gifts to purchase for DD#1 and family. She needs to let me know or they will get money.

AND I haven't done my friends and family Christmas cards. I think they may end up being New Year's cards. Not sure yet.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I’m gathering and printing possible CCS charts for various greeting cards I will want to make in 2017. Valentines, Easter, birthdays, and anniversaries as well as a few ideas for Christmas ornaments.

I wrapped up a gift today. It was definitely crafting, as it involved paper, scissors, sewing machine, fleece, buttons, hot glue, branches gathered outside … check out my blog for a picture and description (and a couple other projects). I also got the napkin rings wrapped and finished one dishcloth and started the second one.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have the quilts all binded except 1 side of one. There was a hole in the fabric for some reason. Allen cut a piece for it this a.m. so will finish it tonight and the quilts are done.

DD, I have been thinking 2017 crafts too. Teigans birthday is 25th of Jan. and I want to do the doll stuff for then. (bag, cloths, hooded towel, bibs, burp rags and maybe a blankie or 2 but she has some already.)

Would love to do a quiet book but leaning more towards Easter on that one. So many ideals to do in them!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd love to do a quiet book too... just don't know for whom yet.

2 craft ornaments have been cut out. Now I need to do the sewing part.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cute Lucie!

I have the patch sewn on. Will have one of the guys try it on.

Made a little skirt for Teigan to put with her dress up clothes. Pink from bandanas --just have to measure her for the elastic.

Now to go do the piece of binding!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The quilts are DONE! Allen will probably check them for threads today and get them wrapped.

Hoping to paint the faces on the snowman pillows tonight.

List from above copied:
My list is about the same as last weeks: I did work on a few things in it but didn't get all done.
Bindings------------DONE
seasoning salt to jars
get vanilla bottles------------ordered from Amazon on 12-12
snowman pillows
scrubbies tied----------have enough tied for gifts I need this year - several left to tie but will work on them on lunch breaks--made gobs of them to us up supplies I had. DONE
ornaments---------the few I need yet are half put together, just have to glue a few things onto them

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

WTG, Lana, on the quilts! I remember when you first mentioned how many you wanted to do in 2016 that it seemed like a very big goal. And look at everything else you get done, too! The skirt sounds darling!

Lucie ~ Quiet books take a while to complete, so you should go ahead and start now. Then when you have a recipient, it will be ready! I started some CCS motifs quite some time ago for my "hope chest" and, sure enough, it was wonderful to have them ready to assemble into a little book when DD#1 got pregnant. Now I'm starting to plan some fun things to do for DD#2's second child (which she plans someday ... her first isn't 1 year old yet). Cute ornaments!

I just finished a knit dish cloth last night. I'm giving a couple to a friend along with a scented soap and some poinsettia napkin rings. And I'm pretty sure that's the end of my 2016 Christmas gift crafting. Not that I won't do more crafting of Christmas-related items, but they will be for Christmas 2017. I think this may be the earliest I have been done. Of course I don't have any friends and family Christmas cards done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, you really move along!

I just painted 5 well 4 snowman faces onto the white round fabric. Did 5 and was finishing the mouth and my brush dropped out of my hand and got to spots on it. I went for the peroxide and it lighter it but still there. Might try bleach. I will let them dry a day or 2 then sew and stuff them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Did you manage to fix the goof?

I finished knitting the afghan and just need to block it and sew in the beginning and ending yarns which I'd like to get done in the next day or so. I'm not really doing a lot of crafting this week. In the evenings I'm currently stitching a small CCS motif for a wedding card.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'ver finished one scarf and now am starting a lego blanket. Still working on the first block trying to get the pattern correct since I love adding extra stitches. lol

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Oh those extra stitches, I am guilty of that too. Started a block for a blanket today - was supposed to be 11 'petals', after I counted a good half dozen times - nope I ended up with 13. No idea how I do it. It's only a practice piece so I plan on ripping it out several times till I get it right. This is a project that will not be ready for a long time for me - a gift for the fall of 2017.

Finished the last of my scarves last night. Planning on going to the yarn store tomorrow, will need to keep my hands busy Monday.