Crafters Challenge December 31st- January 6th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WECOME, to 2018!!!!

It seems that several of us have some ideals for the year!

Jampss, what is your blogs name?

DD, yes, I use the kosher salt and we grind the pepper at times and at other times we have used course ground pepper. I never put the onion powder in it--but think that would be good.

I was also thinking of for my 2 young great nieces and Teig p about Barbie clothes, doll clothes and sleeping bags for barbies or the big ones. Have made sleeping bags for both sizes for the nieces before.

What is on your list for the week?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
2018!!

A fresh crafting start ... I hope!

Lana, my blog? I don't have a craft blog. I do have two pages listed in my signature about homeschooling and learning differences.

For a craft that I will sell on my DD25 Rattery site ... I'm crochet a rat scarf. A white one this time. I did a black rat before. Then someone asked about a brown rabbit, so I did that. (DD25 breeds and sells pet fancy rats. Has for many many years. She's Asperger's and well, they tend to relate to animals better than people. The families that come get her rats just love hearing her talk about their care and all. She may have social anxiety, but get her talking about rats! And watch out! LOL)

I was going to post a picture here, but I don't seem to be able to. I know the old forum had a place for photos.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Happy New Year to my crafting friends!

Lana ~ You are on the ball with an early start! Thanks. And thank you for the information on the seasoned salt. Your nieces will love Barbie items, I’m sure.

Jampss ~ Thank you for the comment about my crafts. I do enjoy them! If I “copy” a picture from my blog, I can select the picture icon which then brings up a pop-up asking for a URL which I them “copy” into that window. That puts the picture in the post. I can’t seem to just copy and paste a picture taken with my camera and then put in a file on my computer (jpg). A blog is free and pretty easy to set up. Then you have a record that you can return to. Maybe someone else can give you more/better information. Would love to see your pictures! You can also try other sites such as Shutterfly, too, but I haven’t yet learned how to navigate that site. I wouldn’t advise using Photobuket.

I’m going to try to stick to Craftermath Control today, but really do want to work on some machine embroidery … Maybe I could set the embroidery machine to stitching while I try to de-clutter! Wish me luck and fortitude.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy New Crafting Year!!!
I started on another knitted baby blanket last night. I was going to start the poppies but we were watching movies and it was easier to knit the blanket as I didn't have to follow a pattern.
I did a quick 2018 and ribbon on the wreath that I hope to have up all year. It looked OK but as I said it was very quick. Will need to put more thought into the other monthly ones.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Bad DJ! I did finish eight napkin rings today, but did very little Craftermath Control. I added pictures of the napkin rings to my blog post about the poinsettia placemats.

Reactions: GrammaDeb

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Bad DJ! I did finish eight napkin rings today, but did very little Craftermath Control. I added pictures of the napkin rings to my blog post about the poinsettia placemats.
Beautiful napkin rings!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am going to try and jump back into crafting this year. Since starting a new job 6 months ago I haven't had time Todo anything. I sat down Christmas morning and made a coffee mug for my brother from my son and the only other thing I did was make the girls ornaments this year. I will have a great niece come March. My stepdad in November pulled an old wooden rocking horse out of his garage that he wants me redo for the baby. Her baby shower is the last week of January I would love to have it redone and in the mail in time for her shower. I also would like to get a blanket, some onsies and a couple of tutus made for her. I also need to order her some Syracuse clothing items to send also. I have all evening shifts for the next three weeks at least so I am hoping to get some if these done during the morning hours

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been trying hard to get kits for projects put together. Have done pretty well over last few days.

Cut and finished a felt and fabric star ornament and a dog bone felt ornament for Tango that I hung on the tree last night.

Have pieces cut for another 3 felt ornaments and one is 75% done.

Cut felt flowers and leaves for embellishing a scarf/hat/gloves set - just need to sew everything on.

Finished 4 more reindeer gift tags too.

Made a start on a crop of paper rosettes that I will use to make package embellishments for next year's wrapping.

Have continued to browse Pinterest for new craft ideas, slowly building and tweaking my list. I'm going to need to put together a shopping list and get some additional supplies soon. :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
2017 12 02 Rat Scarf (1).PNG 2017 12 17 Rabbit Scarf (1).PNG
Let me see if this works ... I tried to "upload a file" by the button next to Post Reply. But there was an error. So, I emailed from my PC to my phone, saved to my phone, re-emailed the photo's and my phone asks me if I want a smaller file size, I click smaller. I receive it in the mail on the PC, save it to PC, and now ... I think I posted a picture! LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jampss, the scarves are so cute. That is not at all what I was imagining when you said rat scarf so I am glad for the photos.

Reactions: jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ lovely scarves!

I want to work on knitted socks, crocheted dishclothes and prep some ziploc craft kits.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I took - what - 6 months off...and I'm ready to get crocheting again. Still working on my winter Afghan. I'm also ready to start on CIJ ornaments.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jampss ~ Nice pictures. Sounds like quite a process you went through though. Thanks for persevering!

I made a small dent in my craftermath control today by gathering, listing and storing hopefully all of my PIGS, and UFOs in two large plastic storage boxes. I have room for the boxes under my cutting table, but want to clean the floor before I put them back. In the process, I also made a couple of small pet beds using the scraps I save that are too small to use for anything else. They make good stuffing in pillowcases as pet beds that our local shelter sends with adopted pets to their new homes.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Jampss ~ Nice pictures. Sounds like quite a process you went through though. Thanks for persevering!

I made a small dent in my craftermath control today by gathering, listing and storing hopefully all of my PIGS, and UFOs in two large plastic storage boxes. I have room for the boxes under my cutting table, but want to clean the floor before I put them back. In the process, I also made a couple of small pet beds using the scraps I save that are too small to use for anything else. They make good stuffing in pillowcases as pet beds that our local shelter sends with adopted pets to their new homes.
Thanks!

Say. How do you make the pet beds? We got DS14 cat from the Humane Society. Would be nice to ‘give back’. We call Axl cat, DS’s therapy kitten. When my son is having a hard time with anxiety/OCD ... sweet Axl cat is there for him. The cat likes to be held and petted and talked to. We are all thankful! :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Purchased a bunch of crafting supplies yesterday - so excited! Lots and lots of wool blend felt for projects! Then at JoAnn's I got embroidery flosses and a handful of other misc. things

I'm itching to make some things for Valentines decor - will be exploring that today!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jampss ~ Animals are wonderful therapy. Unconditional love! What a huge help and comfort for your son.

I just make the pet beds by lining a garbage can with an old pillowcase and tossing my scraps of fabric into it. When it's pretty full, I can sew up the end and it's a pet bed. For the ones I made yesterday, I just had some fabric from a sheet that was left over from a project and I just sewed them into small squares, stuffed, them and sewed the opening closed. Doesn't have to be fancy. I didn't have any spare pillowcases available. I need to go to a thrift shop and get some.

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great job, DJ!!!! :)

Got red felt needed to make a felt ruffle heart wreath today. Ordered the wreath form and pins from Amazon - they should be here this weekend but I'll get started on cutting the felt circles now.

Also got two grapevine wreath forms that I'm planning to use for an Easter and patriotic summer wreath respectively.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD - that's a wonderful idea about the pet beds.

Hummm... Valentine is coming, need to go see my Pinterest board if there are projects to be done there

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Love the pet beds, I am sure that the shelters really appreciate them. Something that I might look into. Like the pillow case idea, very easy.
Need to think of something for Valentines day too. Not a big holiday here but like to give DH and the kids something small.