Crafters Challenge February 19th-25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I also have been going over different sewing project ideas. I have all the items for making 8 Minute Potholders already, in fact I have at least a few cut and pinned and ready to sew already. I've just not gotten to it, part of my hesitation is being a beginning sewer on a machine and knowing I'll be sewing through several layers of fabric and insulation for each potholder. So yesterday I got the brainstorm! I'll hand sew the potholders! It will not be as quick but it will get them DONE!
Might I suggest that you at least try one of the potholders with the machine. Set it for a long stitch (basting) so that if it doesn't meet your standards, you can easily take it out. You might be surprised and they will sew up beautifully, in which case you might want to sew over your first stitches with a shorter stitch. If you're doing several layers and do not have a walking foot, just use lots of pins. In any event, good luck with learning and enjoying your sewing machine!

I like your gift idea for your crafting friend. She should really like that. So thoughtful.

Kim ~ Sorry your progress is being so sadly interrupted. Take care. Sweet plan for your DNiece.

I've been making progress on the quilting (about 1/4 done and taking a break). I hope to be 1/2 done by the end of the day.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I still have not done any crafting at all this week just some research on a few things hopefully next week will be better I have a few orders I have to get to but yep not tonight for sure