Crafters Challenge February 26th-March 4th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the final week of February!

Not sure if I will get to craft this week or not. Have some meetings in the evenings. :(!

What are your crafting plans for the week?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I want to start my scarf. Have been procrastinating because not sure how I want to start it, but it's been on my LR table long enough. I need to start

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I hope you get some crafting in. I used to take knitting to meetings ‘cause I could do that and still stay in the conversation. I think some people didn’t like it, but it kept me from falling asleep! These days I don’t have meetings.

This week’s goals:

• Quilt ~ I’m nearly to the half way point on the quilting. I just need to go back and add some stitching to the borders before I’m actually half done, so I’ll be a couple more days on that step. Then I’ll burry the threads, then bind.
  • CCS ~ I’ve got two or three more evenings’ worth of stitch to do on this project. Then I’ll be starting the April BD and Easter cards.
  • Knitting ~ I’ve got one more skein of yarn to knit on the prayer shawl. Then I need to start another wedding afghan, but need to get yarn for it first. I think I know what pattern I want to use.
  • Sewing & Stitchery Expo ~ I plan to spend the day Thursday at this event.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Again not sure if any crafting will be done or not this week. I hope so I would like to get some things done. I think that I have found the reborn that I will order for my niece I think I am going to make her a toddler one. Not sure yet I want to talk to her I may let her pick it out and I may not since I really want it to be a surprise.

Talked to my SIL about going to one of the pinterest painting nights since they are doing signs that we both want but with tax season and that is her business it is impossible she is open until 7 during the week and it starts at 6. If it was a weekend she could swing it so I think we are going to try them ourselves one weekend. Which brings me to still trying to figure out which I want a circuit or silhouette which I really want to order by the end of this week so I really need to figure it out. Still leaning towards Circuit.

This week I really would like to get to
Finishing up Kenny's grad card box
Finish up Kali's tulle wreath
Order what ever cutting machine
figure out what reborn I am making my little miss and order
figure out something for the piece of barn wood I found in barn that I love the way it has rotted.

I think that may be it crafting wise since Kayla just informed me we really need to start looking into prom dresses too. That is going to take all my time and money

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ That's quite a nice set for Teigan to lovingly care for her doll(s). What a wonderful grandmother you are!

I'm past the 3/4 mark on the quilting. It's looking pretty good. I should be able to finish the quilting today. The binding is ready, so we'll see if it can go on today. I usually put labels on my quilts, but I think DD might like to be able to use the plain side, too, so probably no label.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am not sure if I will get anything done again this week. I am out every night with work meetings and Drilldance trainings.
I am not to worried yet about my lack of progress but will want to start soon if I want to complete what is on my list.

Lana, gorgeous dolly items. The look amazing.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Katrina ~ Hope you can get back to some crafting soon. It's easy to fall behind.

The pillow shams are done and the quilt is ready for the hand stitching.

I also got some pieces cut for some puzzle ball bunnies for Sonja and Julia (Easter). I need to get a little more fleece today to cut a few more pieces.

CCS is on hold until I finish the quilt, since I'm using my evening time to do the hand stitching on the binding.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello fellow crafters!!! I've been keeping busy! As have the rest of you! Haven't posted in a while - was having technical difficulties. Couldn't type in the Reply boxes on this site - couldn't figure out why!!! So frustrating! Finally closed the blinking "advertisement" at the bottom of the page and what do you know? - no more issues! So weird!

ANYway! I actually hand sewed four potholders before I saw your post DJ - it went pretty quickly but I do need to remember to buy a thimble! lol Getting the machine out and getting comfortable with it is on my list for next week!

I have also mended a couple of pairs of DS's jeans that he got holes in - used scraps of fabric, wonder under and Sashiko stitching. Have one more pair to "fix" - a pair of khackis. And I've made a small start on one of my felt ornament kits I put together a while back...

I've been gearing up to do some card making - have a flurry of birthdays, anniversary, etc. coming up. Also wanting to knit some dishcloths but I'll need to refresh my knitting skills to do so - looking around for some good YouTube videos :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AuntJamelle ~ YouTube is wonderful! Dishcloths are a good project to get back into knitting. I have a pair of DH's jeans that need a patch but they reside on the studio floor at the moment. I should just do it, 'cause they keep getting in my way!

So happy here to report that the Go West quilt, shams and coasters are DONE! I finished hand sewing the binding yesterday afternoon and evening. It seems like it took almost 6 hours with a couple breaks for dinner, etc. And I got a hank of yarn rolled into a ball so it's ready to go to Whitefish with me on my ski adventure next week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I really like the ornament, AJ. Very cleaver and you just sent me to peruse Pinterest for more great ideas

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ I am so in love with that car, so stinking cute!!!

I have just finished 3 heart snowflake ornaments, not half as cute a AJs car but they will do!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
You crafters here should of joined the CIJ ornament swap!!!! It is closed for this year but think about it so if we do it next year!!!

I did patch a shirt (well sewed the seam).

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
AJ that car is too cute
Lana I still can't get on your blog for some strange reason

I have not been able to get anything at all done this week. There is a basketball game on tonight that maybe I can work on Kenny's card box, that all depends on how the game is going. I can't be working on that if I am screaming at the tv. Other then that I don't think anything else will get worked on at all

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
This week I crocheted a leprechaun, and I painted a tiny pot black and filled it with gold-foil covered Rolo candies. That's it for St. Patrick's day decor. Still crocheting squares for my winter afghan. It's time to lay the squares out to see how many more I need.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Grammadeb would like to see pics of the Leprechaun. Katrina would love to see the heart snowflakes too.

Nothing in the craft department done for me