Crafters Challenge January 15th-January 21st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome My Crafting Friends!

Sure was a lot of activity on the thread last week----LOVE IT and seeing all of your talents!

I feel I got quite abit done last week in the sewing area. I still need to do a diaper bag and I ended up taking the binding off the quilt so will re do it. Had a couple places that were slightly crooked. Allen said it is for a doll but....

So will finish those 2 items this week.

What are your plans?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, I love reading about all the fun, creative, and inspiring crafts going on!

I will keep making little crochet squares for the Warm up America blankets our homeschooling families make and donate here locally. It's easy to make up a square while watching TV.

DS13 and I have an "order" for a set of three ratty hammocks. I will have to cut those and DS ties them up!

I want to work on my crochet topped kitchen towels!

Here is the last blanket we donated ..,
2016.JPG

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Reactions: jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for getting us started, Lana. Sorry you have to re-do the binding but I know you will feel better about it.

Jampss ~ I’m always delighted to see scrappies made from leftovers. The recipients must love them!

MrsSoup ~ That’s a great idea for a wall hanging. You sure got it done quickly and beautifully. Can’t wait to see the wire art. You are into quite different crafts than what I do.

I really hope to get the growth chart done this week. I tried to do some decorative top stitching on it and my machine (or the thread) was not cooperating. I’m going to take the stitching out once more (it’s a real pain to do) and try a different thread. I really want to get this right!

I’ll also be knitting the prayer shawl (I’m just starting the third of 3+ skeins of yarn), and I have one CCS Valentine motif nearly done and just one more to do.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Jampss both things are very nice
Mrs Soup very nice also

DD17 and I went to purchase a new power tool on Friday night and we were talking to the cashier she told her that yea it will sit in the box for two years because I am a craft hoarder. Now we went to buy this for a project we were going to work on for her so that is going to sit on the back burner for awhile since I can't believe she said that.

This week
make a couple more heart tulle wreaths
work on Kali's tulle wreath
finish decorating wreaths to put away
work on Porch wooden sign
cut some more wood
Do not work on Kayla's cabinet project

Make the zoo I have an order for
Burlap wreath I have an order for

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Now we went to buy this for a project we were going to work on for her so that is going to sit on the back burner for awhile since I can't believe she said that.
Do not work on Kayla's cabinet project

Ah ... Too bad!

But my DD probably feels that way about her quilt. She doesn't know about the growth chart I'm making for her DD. I'm sure your DD was only kidding you.

Sometimes projects just seem like they could be whipped up in no time, but put them in line with all the other things in the same category, and you have years worth of "no time" projects! That's me! I certainly have lots of projects that have been just sitting for quite a while..

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Another beautiful week of crafting here at MHH.
I am working on a mans rug for my charity. I gave my mum 4 girls rugs on Saturday to pass on to the conveners.
This one I am working on now will be all the same wool, no colour variations. I think that once this one is done I am out of wool and will start on some of the crafts that I would like to do.
Jampss, love your blanket, so bright and colourful.

Reactions: jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, I can’t report that I “won” the battle of the top stitching, but I at least got it to the point of “acceptable” and will leave it for now. I placed the lettering for the name so they are ready to be stitched. Then on to the hearts.

I finished a CCS Valentine motif last night, so I just have one more to be kitted and stitched. Then it will be time to get out all the finished motifs and make cards. I have one birthday, one wedding and four Valentines to do.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I try to get all my housework, etc. done before I sit down to crochet. Then I'm so tired that I fall asleep. I need to budget my time (and energy) better so I can do what's more important - more crocheting!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ both my two younger ones tell me I need to start using stuff up or get rid of. Kenny actually told me I was not allowed to buy anymore until I used half of what I have. So thankfully he was in Florida a couple of weeks ago when Christmas stuff went 75 percent off so I could hide what I bought before he came home. Most of what I buy is for wreaths and just don't use it all at once. I agree with them though I need to use some of what I have up so I am trying too anyways.

Today was so nice out that me and the two kids went out and cleaned up sticks and branches that have fallen so far this winter. Kenny even raked some where theres no snow. Kayla tried to get a fire going to burn sticks but couldn't get it going where it would stay going so that will get done another day. Kenny also cut quite a few branches down that needed it. I don't ask to much of him during cross country season since he is on a tight workout schedule and don't need him overdoing it. With indoor track it is just practice to him for outdoor so I can get him to do a little more for me.

I did start another tulle wreath and have also been working on my nieces some. I think that I am going to put that in the car so I can work on it during down times at work this week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have been continuing to work on making yellow yarn pom poms for Emoji craft for goodie bags. Hoping to finish making the poms today so I can start gluing on eyes and other parts of faces tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Crocheting and more crocheting. Still working on granny squares. Today I will tackle my fingerless gloves - I wonder how many times I will have to undo rows until it suits me? My daughters laugh...because they do the same thing.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going to start chiming in here to be motivated to clear out some of my projects. I did that two years ago and it worked great. I still have things that were meant for gifts I haven't made or finished. I also want to focus on scrapbooking again this year. I've not really been scrapbooking for several years now..and I have years of stuff waiting. I started when my daughter was two and I was current until she got to high school and then it all went out the window. I have hundreds of pages I've made and not put into albums. My hubby gave me a gift card to the scrapbook store so I could buy some more albums too, so no more excuses! I'm feeling pretty sick today, but I'll see if I can't finish getting stuff put up in my crafting area so it's a nice new clean pallet.

Reactions: Christmaslvr

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I finished my boot cuffs last night! picture to follow tomorrow :) Now I need to find a new project...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am 1/2 way through the mans rug. It is coming along quite quickly. The rug will be very soft and warm as the yarn is 40% alpaca and 60% merino.
Apparently the yarn was donated by a craft shop that was closing down.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished my boot cuffs last night! picture to follow tomorrow :) Now I need to find a new project...
Those sound cute. Can't wait to see. :D