Crafters Challenge January 1st-January 7th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I crocheted a granny square last night - Day 1 of 365. I need to find a crochet pattern for fingerless gloves.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Think I will take the stuff and cut out a teddy bear I want to try and then see how they work up and ask the fire department if they would want any to hand out if needed.

Lana, I think that this is a wonderful idea!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
You are getting a lot done DD.

At lunch I got the stuff out to cut and realized I didn't have my pins!

Think I will go shower--clean the fridge and then try to sew on bibs.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

There’s lots of talk about fingerless gloves. I’ve been thinking about making some for years but it hasn’t happened yet.

I have posted pictures of the casserole carrier and the wedding afghan on my blog. Now for some craftermath control so that I can continue with the growth chart.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD made a fingerless glove this week. She ran out of yarn so couldn't make the other one. lol

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I took out my new yarn to start fingerless gloves last night. I bought the wrong kind of yarn for my pattern. Sigh. I did crochet 2 granny squares and finished 2 squares for my winter afghan.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ I like them both
Lana I hope the fire dept will be in need of your teddy bears. I know ours gets so many donations of stuffed animals they can't except any more right now local police, sheriffs and State police are the same way. Hospitals too. My mom has a million beanie baby's she wants to donate to one of them. They all have her number when they are in need. My brother is the fire chief and if he needs something he call's her anyways no matter what it is. A couple of weeks before Christmas there was a house fire down the road where unfortunately the only resident passed in the fire. He was sick and they don't think he could get out my brother was there less then 20 seconds of first call since he was already in his truck leaving his driveway there was no way him or another fire fighter could have saved him either. My brother called me to find out where my mom was which she was at Bingo he said he had 12 different departments there helping him and they ran out of bottled water (this was maybe an hour after the first call) Said that he would call and get me thru road block so I could stop and pick up his fire card and run up to Walmart and grab him a few cases of water after showing his card to front desk (they give them free bottled water to use during fires.) I had no problem getting back thru since I know most of the fireman and knew the one on that part of road block. So even in the middle of a fire he has no problem calling and demanding(asking).

I got both girls wine glass candle holders done and wrapped for next year. I figured I would just finish up my niece and decided to start working on her wreath which is also part of her present so that I can just get that out of the way too.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I started knitting some socks last night. I don't know who'll they be for, but if I don't knit my hands swell up and get very painful...I've had at least 6 different diagnoses and different prescriptions, but as long as I knit 20 minutes a day no pain or swelling, so that's my preferred method of dealing with it - I've missed knitting since DD2mos was born.

Lots of talk of fingerless gloves! I knit some for DH last year from an old pattern I had from the 1940s. I noticed last night that he rolls the fingers down and wears them inside out (pattern is kind of swirly on the right side, but on the wrong side makes a checkerboard pattern, which he obviously must prefer.) I think I will try to knit him a pair for this year with the checkerboard pattern on the outside and with shorter fingers. He wears them a lot, and could probably use another pair.

GrammaDeb - doing a granny square a day is a wonderful idea. Are you doing different patterns or all the same?

DahliaDoll - The casserole carrier sounds like a great idea. I had a friend that had an old one of her mother's and I searched everywhere to find one and no one seemed to be selling them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

FS ~ How wonderful that you must knit 20 minutes a day! It's usually the other way around. My hands can get achy if I do too much knitting, although 20 minutes a day probably wouldn't bother them.

The couple did have a casserole carrier on their registry at Macy's, so I know they are available to purchase. It was very boring looking though.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
The other night our power was out for hours from here to Canada which is over 300 miles away from us. I started on my nieces tulle wreath which I am doing with a square form I have one corner done between last night and the night before. I also did one clothes hanger tree, I will not be doing another I don't like it I am hoping either Kenny or Maranda will and they can take it off to college with them. I need to get down stairs tonight and work on some of the other stuff that I need to finish up down there to get them put away or wrapped which ever they need to be

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Just finished a wreath!! Yea me!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Kim ~ Sorry your clothes hanger tree was a disappointment.

Doodlebug ~ Can you show us your wreath?

I'm doing some creative wrapping of a wedding gift and making a computer card for the couple (gifting today). Then it will be back to the growth chart.

Finished one CCS Valentine motif for a card and have the next one kitted up. Decided one of my cat wine bottles should stay out for the winter but it needs a less Christmassy-looking hat and scarf, so I've started knitting another set. Will have time for some lap crafting (knitting and/or CCS) during the Seahawks game this evening.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I'm plugging along with my crocheted granny squares and winter afghan.

FS - The 365 granny squares are all different, using up yarn scraps. I have a hard time throwing out leftover yarn.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
GrammaDeb ~ Nice use of leftover yarn, and it will be so pretty! Are you going to be able to keep up with 6/week?

I was so pleased with the wrapping job I did that I added it to my blog. I didn't really get to do much creative wrapping for Christmas since we went to AK and I just took gift bags, so I'm getting it out of my system I guess.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD love the blog and you and your little one crafting.

Still working on rugs here, hope to be finished the one I am working on by the end of the week. Then I will start boys ones using brown yarn

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I can't believe that I actually got alot done this past week. I went down and started some new stuff last night also so hopefully be able to finish those up tonight.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Jampss ~ I think it’s great to be able to pull up an old list and update it. You have some nice projects there. Some of the links don’t seem to work for me. Have you checked them or printed out instructions/patterns?
Ah. Thanks. No, I forgot to check links. Update those and will post again!