Crafters Challenge January 22nd-28th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week!!!!

This week I am not sure what I will do craft wise. REALLY want to get my bedroom/dressing/bathroom cleaned by the end of the month.

I am thinking possibly a Quiet Book for Easter but don't know. They are so cute but that will take time I know.

I have a birthday for a friend in February and might do her a mug rug--not sure or a table runner.

Also need to be narrowing down the item to do for the Christmas In July ornament swap on MHH.

DD, that is funny with the L. But when I was doing that sewing mat for the Secret Santa this year I had that ruler material that I wanted to put on it and had it the night before but when needing it could not find it. Allen and I both were positioning it different ways and we went thru everything. Even fabric that wasn't anywhere near the area. Still haven't ran across it!

What are your plans for crafting this week?

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I crocheted one of my fingerless gloves yesterday - I would say it took 7 hours. I took it apart 52-dozen times before I was happy with it. The pattern was less than helpful. Either that, or it was designed for someone with huge hands. This next glove - one of today's projects - should be finished in considerably less time. I will also continue crocheting granny squares and crocheting squares for my winter afghan.

Rudy Day is this week, and I will make at least one CIJ Swap ornament, hopefully 2.

Lana - I love Quiet Books. I agree, they are really cute.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I went to Creative U yesterday with Kathy and found a couple other friends were there. Wish they had called me to car pool but it was fun to run into them. I got a pillow pattern which has instructions for putting in a zipper closure which I liked the looks of and also bought some sock yarn in Seahawks colors that I want to make myself a scarf with. So came home to scour the internet for a pattern to use for it. I think I’ve got it!

I'm ready to cast off on the prayer shawl and then will evaluate whether to do some sort of edging on the ends. And I’m making pretty good progress on the Nature’s Harmony CCS. It might be a good idea to make some of the April BD and Easter cards on the computer or with the embroidery machine rather than CCS so I can, perhaps, finish the NH motif in time to make a BD gift with it (pillow cover).

I invited friends over for dinner tomorrow which means that today I will be cooking and cleaning. If I get into the studio today and tomorrow, it will probably only be for some craftermath control, although the letters (including the new L) for the growth chart are all ready to be placed and sewn on. I really, truly, want to get the growth chart done this week!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
No great craft plans this week. Am really just concentrating on finishing this rug I am working on before starting a few things of my own. The problem is it is hot here and it is hard to crochet when it is hot.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I finally began work on my mom's birthday gift yesterday. It is not really turning out quite how I wanted it to but it may still work out yet. All I have left is the hair so I hate to scrap it now. My fingers are sore from the wire. I'm hoping to finish it today and decide whether i'm happy with it or not so I can get it in the mail or make something else.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I finished all the emoji pom poms this weekend! :) Also got all the cutting done on the Cricut of animal shapes that will decorate the goodie bags - just need to glue them all on now!

Next focus will be painting and assembling the "binoculars" and then the birthday banner or sign as I decide.

Looking forward to having birthday crafting done so I can switch back to my other projects! Really want to finish the Easter Egg Candle Mat up! And then continue work on various felt ornaments I have planned!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I finished the prayer shawl and it's on my blog. The yarn was self-striping and I like the way it turned out. I didn't use much of the last skein of yarn, so I think I'll use it to make another herringbone cowl. I started on a pom pom yarn scarf which said to use two skeins of the yarn. I thought it was plenty long for Iris by the end of the first skein, so I bound it off and started a second one. They are very cute and kind of fun to knit. I think I'll look for one more skein of that yarn to make a third scarf. Then I will have one for each of my DGDs, although the youngest two are too young for a scarf. Those will go in the gift closet.

I made clam chowder for our company dinner and I think it tastes great. I also made a cherry pie. I used a new recipe for the crust, which before baking tasted quite salty. I hope it's okay.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Really unsure what this week is going to bring as usual. Lots going on for kids at school this week at night. So will be there lots this week. Kenny has National Honor Society inductions for Juniors tonight so he has to be there as a Senior member. He has no school tomorrow but Kayla does since she has a regents to take, kids usually have this week off but they are trying something new this year having them go to school on regents week since they think they can make it work.

Ok this week
decorate wreaths that need to be so they can get put away for next winter
finish heart tulle wreath (just need to add flowers to it)
finish round tulle wreath
work on Kali's wreath might finish that this week

figure out these candy bouquets (Kenny asked if I would make one up for his girlfriend for their one year of dating so I decided I would make for all my kids for Valentines day, and one for my moms birthday
figure out something else for my moms birthday what I was going to make her is just clutter and she is doing so well at getting rid of that don't want to add more to it
start Davin's chair his birthday is coming up too fast on me

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD, love the colours on the prayer shawl. Very pretty.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I made a list of the next crafts I want to make. Next weekend I think I'll prep ziploc craft bags with these.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Not a craft but this a.m. I did mix together some more miracle cream (so they call it). I have been making it for years and give as gifts. Allen has been using it on his leg. Will take a couple containers to a co-worker her son and hubby uses it too.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Lana, what is Miracle Cream? Sounds interesting????

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, love the gift bags. the emoji poms, gosh, so much work.

I loooove the little caravan ornament. My friends have just bought a little caravan. I may make them something like that.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ - all great work, but I have to admit the caravan and the santa letter are my favorite!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
AJ - The gift bags, the emojis, the ornaments...oh my goodness, they are just adorable.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

KimD ~ Have fun with all the wreath making! I'll be they are lovely. How sweet of Kenny to make that special request for his girlfriend.

Sweetpumpkinpie ~ Thanks!

Lucie ~ Let us know what’s on the list.

Lana ~ I’m interested in the Miracle Cream also.

AuntJamille ~ What a wonderful variety of crafts. I love that all the treat bags and Emoji Poms are individual! You do a beautiful job with the felt, also.

I finished the knitting of two pom pom scarves. I just need to find some large pom poms for the ends of them. I’m also on the lookout for one more skein of pom pom yarn to make a third scarf.

Next up knitting wise, I’m thinking of starting a Seahawks scarf. Looks like I won’t need it till next football season though. I need DH’s help balling up the yarn first though. In the meantime, I may just make myself a new dish cloth.

I thought I’d be back to work on the growth chart today, but I find myself wanting to take a little longer break. Maybe I’ll get the letters placed yet today so it’s ready for sewing tomorrow or Thursday.

We’ve invited the neighbors over in a few minutes to help us eat left over pie from yesterday. The pie turned out pretty good, but I was disappointed in the new pie crust recipe I tried. Guess I’ll have to go back to my “tried and true”. Not sure why I wanted to try something different.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AJ Oh my goodness, what GREAT work you did!

The cream I make is 16 ounces baby lotion (I use the Johnsons), 8 ozs Vaseline and 8 ozs Vitamin E cream (Fruit of the Earth I use. Comes from Dollar General ---Wal-Mart and it is 2 4 ozs in a pack). I use my mixer to mix it. They say to put it on your feet at night and put socks on. People use it on their hands and other dry areas too. It went around on the HGTV Forum (the forum is discontinued now) years AGO. I have been making it for quite awhile.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks Lana, Now that's is something I could do! Sounds good!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks for the kind words all! :)

I'm starting to feel like I may get everything done in time for the birthday party after all! lol

Last night I worked on adding elastic chin straps to the plastic pith helmets I ordered for the kids. Got about half of them done, not sure if I will run out of elastic though. We'll see! Have to get started on the binoculars soon! That and the birthday sign are my last big hurdles!!!