Crafters Challenge January 29th-February 4th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, as you can see we have our first month change over!!!!!!! Was always told not to wish my life away when I was younger and would talk of the future! I LIKE WHERE EVERYTHING IS NOW!!!!!!

What is your crafting agenda this week?

I would like to finish in my room so not much crafting.

I do have that teddy bear cut out and need to sew it.

Lucie, 2 sided cuffs would be nice.

Will be waiting to hear and see what all have planned this week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

The growth chart is ready for a label. In looking at how I did the label for Sonja’s growth chart, I saw that I had the wrong date on her label. I somehow combined Julia’s birth month and year of first birthday with Sonja’s day of the month. I guess I really had my mind twisted up thinking about doing both of them. Makes me feel old and senile! So now I have Sonja’s label to re-do, as well. DH is working on the hanging dowel, cutting and staining.

I also got a start to putting together a flat-fold birthday card with the fox CCS for Julia’s birthday.

So this week (some or all of the following):

• Growth chart finishing touches (label/hanging dowel and cording)
  • Flat-fold birthday card for Julia
  • Wedding card (for DNiece)
  • 4 Valentine cards
  • Knit Seahawks moebius scarf
  • Pom-pom scarves (sew on the large pom-poms)
  • Nature’s Harmony CCS
  • Go West quilt and shams

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD! Wow that is quite the list.

I will continue to work on my embroidery. Am enjoying doing a different craft.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
still working on my boot cuffs. have my stuff out for the other crafts I want to make too

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! Got quite a bit done over the weekend! Finished adding elastic to all the "helmets", made 24 pairs of "binoculars" and got a good start on the Happy Birthday sign! Will finish that up in the evenings this week!

Looking forward to getting back to my other list of craft projects after the party!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ When's the party? Sounds like you'll be ready!

The flat-fold CCS fox is apparently not going to be a combined birthday card after all. I finished it up without any special birthday greetings. It took a couple go-rounds to get it the way I want it, and I’m pleased with the end result. While I was at it, I gathered up all the CCS motifs for wedding and Valentine’s cards and made those card fronts up. All they need now is greetings. AND I did the craftermath control. It looked pretty awful, but when I just started plugging away at putting things back where they belong, it didn’t really take too long.

So now I am ready to go ahead with making the labels for the growth charts; and then the Go West quilt and shams can get some attention. My sewing machine is going to the shop before I do the quilting, but I can probably use my other machine to piece the shams in the meantime.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DJ - The party is this Sunday! I'm in the home stretch! And I will totally need to address craftermath control myself once it is over!!! lol

Got the rest of the letters for the sign cut out yesterday. Just need to cut out a giraffe and finish a couple other elements then glue everything down!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DH will be gone all day tomorrow, so I will have an entire glorious day to do whatever I want! I hope to finish up a couple UFO's that have been nagging me, and then I will continue crocheting.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I finished cutting out all items for the happy birthday sign last night! Finally! Also got patterns and pieces cut out for two felt ornaments as well.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

GrammaDeb ~ How was your day?

AuntJamelle ~ Are you using a craft cutting machine for all this cutting?

DH finished the hanging dowel for the growth chart, so now it needs a hanging cord and a label. My sewing machine went to the shop, so I’ll use my travel machine to make the cord.

I ended up frogging the moebius scarf. The pattern I’m using now is a herringbone pattern that I’ve knit before. It really looks beautiful with this yarn. I’m just making a straight scarf. The more I knit, the more people I think of who might like a Seahawks scarf, so I may end up getting more yarn.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
You gals are rockin it!!!!

I had hoped to sew on the teddy bear tonight--told Allen at supper will pass up cleaning to go sew it but... I had a few things to do on the computer and it is now 9:35!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I love reading about all the happenings. I don't have anything planned other than Warm Up America crochet squares and rat hammocks still. ;)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am using my Cricut Explore for the cutting of letters, etc. I used to cut all the animals that went on the goodie bags too! I haven't used my Cricut much since I've gotten in but I'm starting to really get into it now. It was a lifesaver for this party!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My daughter Jaymee brought a Cricut Explorer with her Christmas money. She has been doing a couple shirts for Teigan. She ordered some stuff to try some wine glasses. I have the Cricut I brought maybe 6-8 yrs. ago but honestly I have not really used it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I had one of the very first models of the Cricut before the fire and I used it some but not as much as I could have. I know they can do a LOT but haven't had time to learn. It is really nice for some things though! I'm hoping to make some cards soon - get myself prepped for all the birthdays and misc. holidays (Father's Day, Mother's Day, etc.) that are coming up this year. I'm sure I'll use the Cricut at least some for that.

I also have a Thanksgiving decor project that calls for cutting the word Grateful from white vinyl and then applying them to the glass of a framed list of all the things we are grateful for. I know I'll use the Cricut for that one!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

At the seminars I go to, they hawk the scan and cut by showing samples of what they have made with it. It's not something I plan to invest in any time soon ... but then that's what I said about the embroidery machine, and I sure do use it a lot.

The growth chart is all finished except for attaching the tape measure. I ordered one which was delivered yesterday, so I will need to decide how to attach it. I also sewed the large pom poms to the ends of the two scarves, so the are done. I'm thinking about sending one to Iris with her Valentine.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are busy at the moment.
AJ hope that the party goes well.

I am still doing my embroidery. I need to do it in perfect light so it is hard to find too much time at the moment. With crocheting the afghans I can do it at any time as I am not really looking at the rug.
I have many more crafts planned this year, I need to step away from Pintrest for a while LOL

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ You are really getting the use out of the Cricut. Have a great party!

Katrina ~ I see you're combining "afghan" and "rug"! LOL Can you keep some rugs in the works as something to work on when the light isn't good enough for embroidery? Do you use an Ott Light? I can work on CCS in the evenings under my light.

I’m surprising myself this week. I’ve made at least some progress on everything I listed.

I’m getting towards the end of the Seahawks scarf and should at least have it finished tomorrow (knitting while watching Super Bowl). I called the store where I bought it and they will hold a couple hanks for me till Thursday when I’ll be there for Creative U. I need to work out how I want to do the herringbone stitch in a moebius strip. I’ve ordered some longer cables for my Knit Picks needles for the project but can do some experimenting with just knitting in the round before they come so I will know what I want to do.

Finally got the large pom-poms attached to the ends of the scarves.

I dug out the fabric and notes for the Go West quilt and shams yesterday and pulled enough remnants to cut the pieces I need for the shams. I can work on those while I’m waiting for my sewing machine to return from the shop (using my travel machine). I can't do the quilting on my travel machine though.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still working on reversible boot cuffs and teaching dd how to crochet a dishcloth tonight