Crafters Challenge January 7-January 13th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Howdy Friends!!!!

WOW! A lot of you really are moving with the new year! Crafting and decluttering!

I am still running wild. Great Aunt in hospital. Call in Wed. took her and she is still there. So been coming home from work leaving for there and home to bed. Dishes finally about 9:30 last night and doing some laundry.

I need to patch a pair of shorts for nephew so his dad can take to Texas to him this month.

What is on your agenda?

Happy Crafting week!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ It sounds like you have your hands full with elder care for a while. How old is your Great Aunt? Hope she is able to rebound!

I'll be having a busy week preparing for DD & family's visit. They will arrive early Saturday morning. My primary goals are to make great headway on the craftermath control and also get Christmas decor boxed up and stored. Both of these projects are bleeding over into our guest bedrooms right now.

Actual crafting will probably be to machine embroidery more FSL butterflies (they stitch out pretty well on their own without me hovering over the machine) and evening knitting and/or working on the felt kit Christmas stocking.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Aunt Imogene will be 88 on Wed.. Her sister will be 97 in May. She is my g'pas sister and husband died in '84 and no kids.

Getting some crochet items together to take to the hospital to work on. Scrubbies. I think I want to try to do them 2 sided and maybe mix some 100% cotton yarn in with tulle-netting. Or make one side yarn--other netting.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered more craft stuff today. it will be given to my nieces. I did go through the ziploc bags I have ready to work on.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana hope your aunt recovers soon

My boss switched my hours so on early mornings now for the next two weeks so hoping to be able to get some things done

work on rocking horse
fleece baby blanket
figure out tutus
milestone blanket
figure out onsies
start looking up reborn dolls for nieces birthday

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lana - I hope your aunt feels much better soon!!!

DJ - You have the guest bedroom problem too, huh? That has always been a weakness for me! Things just get dumped in there too often! Too easy to close the door and forget about it. Our guest bedroom closet is FULL of empty cardboard boxes that need to be broken down and taken out to recycling :oops: But having guests coming definitely motivates me!

Lucie - You are doing great on de-cluttering! I've been bringing more stuff IN due to generous donations of clothing, etc. from friends.

KimD - Good luck on your list! Looks like a great line up to start the year off!

I finished the felt hearts and they look super cute in the greenery over the china cabinet. Forgot to take a pic but I will!

I'm about halfway done with pinning ruffles onto the heart wreath form - should turn out pretty cute!

I also have made several cards. 4 Valentines and one birthday with another birthday card underway. I've picked out designs for cards I'll need for the whole year and am just working my way down the list! Even if I bought $0.99 cards for all of them we would spend $40 on just cards for the year. I will need to buy some more envelopes though - I've been working my way through a stash I picked up at a garage sale - a ton of hallmark envelopes someone had for a quarter! Couldn't beat that deal! But I probably only have about a dozen left now...

Here are the Valentines I made - I made two of the "lots of love design":

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/24711315327/in/dateposted-public/

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, love the cards especially the heart and buttons.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Your cards are wonderful!

DJ - You have the guest bedroom problem too, huh? That has always been a weakness for me! Things just get dumped in there too often! Too easy to close the door and forget about it. Our guest bedroom closet is FULL of empty cardboard boxes that need to be broken down and taken out to recycling
But having guests coming definitely motivates me!

That’s not usually my problem but this season, somehow, I decided to put much of my craftermath on the bed in one room and gradually sort through it and put it away. I just didn’t get to it before the Christmas décor came out, and those boxes ended up in the other spare bedroom with the intention of sorting them before returning them to the garage storage. Well, that didn’t happen either, until Sunday when we took all the décor down and at that time finally boxed up, inventoried and stored the Christmas boxes. I guess both of those strategies to reorganize kind of backfired on me and left an even larger mess.

I didn’t make any real organizational headway today. I went craft shopping with a friend and bought some gorgeous flannel for another caftan. I don’t need another one, but couldn’t resist the vibrant print! Needing to pre-shrink it, however, did force me to rotate some laundry. LOL

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DJ - You are cracking me UP! Hope your craftermath is conquered soon! Beautiful fabrics are SO tempting!!!!

I finished the felt heart wreath last night, just need to add the ribbon hanger!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/38888176484/in/dateposted-public/

I'll probably switch over to finishing up the felt ornaments I started and then work on adding felt embellishments to the hat/scarf/gloves set...

BUT I do have several projects lined up for DS's birthday party on Feb 3rd that I'll need to get done ASAP too. I booked a local gymnastics place - bouncy houses, ball pit, trampoline run, etc. I'm doing a Star Wars theme for the food, cakes, good bags and table decor. Need to get the invites created and printed ASAP!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ That's one gorgeous wreath! Sounds like a fun BD party.

I have one more FSL butterfly to stitch out before I start gluing them together. I'm thinking I will send them to DD for Easter.

I have one guest bedroom cleaned up and nearly ready for company (coming Saturday). DH will vacuum and bring in an extra sleeping mat from the garage in case we need it. I'll have to take one more look around to see that it's pretty much baby-proofed.

The other bedroom where the craftermath ended up is nearly done. I don't expect anyone to be sleeping in there, but you never know where DGD age 8 is going to want to sleep. She may want her own bedroom at some point. Up to now she likes to sleep with DH and me. So I have a few more things in there to sort and/or store away until I can address them at a later date.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ gorgeous wreath, so pretty.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Almost finished a rat scarf. Just need eyes. Will go to Walmart tomorrow!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks guys!

Finished another birthday card, here is a shot of two of them I've done recently:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/39613562341/in/dateposted-public/

Working on an anniversary card for DH now. Created everything I'll need in my Cricut design software last night, now just need to cut things out and assemble.

Worked a little bit last night on a felt ornament as well, should be able to finish it up tonight!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ You are smokin' hot! this week! Very nice cards. Thanks so much for taking the time to show us all your lovely work.

I'll be showing the FSL butterflies soon. I just finished them all last night. There are 9 of them. One will be for Iris if she wants it ... maybe to wear in her hair if I attach it to a comb or clip of some kind. I didn't end up gluing them together as I had first thought. Instead, I used monofilament thread on my sewing machine to just stitch straight down the body.

I downloaded some machine embroidery motifs with the idea to stitch them up for Valentine's cards. I've been working on Sonjas Christmas stocking in the evenings when I would/could otherwise be working on CCS motifs for the Valentine's cards. And the machine embroidery should be much quicker.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

See my blog for pictures of the butterflies.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ the butterflies are so pretty. They will look lovely scattered on a table.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DJ & AJ beautiful work.

I know my ds is 24 and he'd still love a Star Wars party! Just plodding along with what's already on the crafting table (socks, dishcloths), nothing much to add or show for some time.