Crafters Challenge January 8th-14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So many people were really active on the thread last week! GREAT work everybody!!!!

Yesterday I finished topstitching 3 bibs, so just have to put the fastening on. I also did 3 burp rags and 3 wash cloths.

This week will be continuing working on doll items for Teigans birthday.

To Do yet:

diaper bag
diapers
wipes and containers
blankets
hooded towels
doll taggie----maybe

What are your plans?

Reactions: jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks for getting the thread started early, Lana.

I'm not sure how much day-time crafting I'll have this week due to life conflicts, but mostly fun stuff. I want to keep making progress on the growth chart and perhaps set the embroidery machine to working on more organza poinsettias to have them ready for Christmas 2017.

In the evenings I'll be working to finish the wine bottle hat and scarf (not much left to do there) and another CCS Valentine motif. We have at least one car trip (skiing) planned, during which I can knit on the prayer shawl. Today I want to call the local JoAnn stores to see if one of them has another skein of the shawl yarn in the right dye lot.

And on Tuesday a friend and I plan to do a little experimenting with a new sewing foot she bought to sew convex and concave shaped pieces together.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I was completely happy with what I actually got done last week. Hoping this week will be the same

:)Find where I put stencil for the K for Kali's wreath
finish up K for wreath
work on Kali's tulle wreath ( I will be happy if I can get this done this month, so I can start on Kayla's)
Decorate wreaths I have done
Make up some Valentines wreaths
Make up some Valentines jars
Finish Valentines candy dish
:)Finish up Be Mine sign
Wrap up Kayla's and Emma's necklace holders since those got finished last night
Figure out what Easter stuff I am doing
Clean out craft totes
Figure out what new paint I need to buy
later this week when all this snow melts from rain get some more wood off pile I have a couple of orders for class of 2017 wood thing I made
get ahold of lady that wanted a burlap wreath to see if she still needs so that I can get the stuff and get that done

Last edited:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My goal for this week is to finish my socks.
I'd also like to start a list of ideas for what to make for next year.
I saw Herschners offers afghan kits where you get 500g of wool for $13! Debating if I could find the time to make one for DD6 and one for DD3 for Christmas in their favourite colours.

DahliaDoll - What a cute idea to make a hat and scarf for a wine bottle! I asked my mom to make an apron for my dishsoap, and she thought I was crazy. lol. I found a pattern online, but it is way beyond my skill level.....which is anything beyond just having to turn the sewing machine on.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wednesday this week will be the first crafting day for my mum and I. I am not sure yet what she will want to work on this year.
I know that we need to work on our DrillDance uniforms, replace press studs to something stronger.
I would love for my mum to go through her fabric stashes and see what we may be able to make with it all. She has a lot of fabric and I feel that perhaps it is time to start using it up.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've decided to work on those boot cuffs... they've been put aside. I also want to find a painting I'd like to do and I want to figure out my crafts for next Christmas and prep ziploc bags... so that'll be my goal for the next few weeks

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DahliaDoll - What a cute idea to make a hat and scarf for a wine bottle! I asked my mom to make an apron for my dishsoap, and she thought I was crazy. lol. I found a pattern online, but it is way beyond my skill level.....which is anything beyond just having to turn the sewing machine on.
I've seen those aprons and they are darling. Will your mom make one for you? I'll be posting a picture of my latest hat and scarf set in the next day or two, but there are a couple already on my blog posted December 20. If you go to the knitting tab, it's the second post down (unless I get the new one posted sooner). It's so great to get new ideas here.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, I remember seeing that on your blog--cute.

FS, I have (or had not sure if yet) one of those dresses my grandma made me.

I brought a couple handtowels and washcloths for the doll hooded towels today while getting my meds filled. Have them cut apart but not sewn.
My material for the diaper bag should come tom. from Missouri Star Quilt.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
finished one boot cuff last night! now that one is finished the other will go quickly. this was following a pattern. Now that I have it done I might make a few differently without pattern

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Greetings! Back from our trip to TN to see family (left last Thursday) and just trying to get laundry, house, etc. back under control!

I did however, get a LOT of crafting done on the drive down and back as well as in between, sitting around talking I usually had my lap full with a project!

I finished all the work on the Easter Egg Candle Mat project - all that is left is buying the green wool felt that will be used to make the Easter grass like fringe that will go around the edge of the oval mat!

I also completed 5 different felt ornaments and have a 6th 99% done! I'll post a picture when I have time.

The day before we left I also rubber stamped labels for the baskets up in the living room closet that hold our gloves, hats, etc. So that was another little project I can cross off my list!

Will be spending time planning DS's birthday party - need to make/print invitations PRONTO! His party is 2/5! And I may use Cricut to decorate the goody bags. Beyond that I will be reviewing my master list of craft projects, deciding what I still want to do this year and picking out new projects! Fun!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I see many here making use of down time with lap projects. I love that!

AJ ~ You've been busy!

I was able to find the yarn I need in my dye lot. I had some very pleasant phone help at two different JoAnn stores, and one has what I need. She agreed to hold it till I can get there on Tuesday which is very nice, 'cause I think they will usually only hold something for one day.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love those Dish Soap Aprons! Never had heard of it before. tfs

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I'm still working on granny squares. I'll look at our local thrift store to see about more scrap yarn. If they don't have what I need, I'll buy yarn at Joann's and use the gift card I got for Christmas. They have a yarn sale going on for the next couple days, and I hate paying full price. I need to find the right yarn for my fingerless gloves, and I'm still crocheting on my winter afghan.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Change of plan for me this week, I was going to craft at my mums on Wednesday but now need to attend an all day health clinic. I will pack my crocheting and a book to help while away the hours.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'll be posting a picture of my latest hat and scarf set in the next day or two, but there are a couple already on my blog posted December 20.
I enjoyed looking at your fun creative crafts! Thanks for posting!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I am continuing to work on my planner a week at a time so that will always be on my weekly radar. DH made me handmade anniversary gifts that are amazing and I think my mom would love the same thing so he taught me how to do it last night and that's what she will be getting for her birthday. I need to work on it this week and try to get it finished so I can get it in the mail. DD already made her one when she was working with DH.
This is what he made me: https://www.snapfish.com/library/sh...H4mk6wWQPs1mPUb7w/AUS/27941307556070/SNAPFISH

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
darn, can't access Snapfish from work... will look at it tonight

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My mom is going to make the apron for the dishsoap - she made my curtains, so it will match. For the record, I love my curtains. I'd planned to make them myself and asked her something, next thing I knew she'd made them herself. I really wanted to try to make them myself, but realistically I probably would have just wasted the fabric. I found really cute retro-looking fabric with turquoise, brown and yellow with little birds on it and little sayings like "Be kind" and "Enjoy family" I wanted very modern cafe-style curtains. She wanted to add some ruffles and such, but I though that might take the fifties kitchy fabric from being cute to ....'hey, I hung up my grandmother's curtains.'

Got a little done on my socks yesterday.

DD - the wine bottles are cute. I fear next year all of our condiments will need Christmas hats :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

MrsSoup ~ Lovely jewelry! Let us see yours when done.

FS ~ Your kitchen reminds me of a friend's. She found fabric she wanted for kitchen valances to replace her faded ones and wanted me to help her. I wasn't really looking forward to the prospect, but they turned out great. She had fabric left over and made a matching bulletin board to pin her calendar and photos to. I asked her if I could use some of the fabric to make a little purse, so she gave it to me and I made her a coordinating tissue box cover for her birthday. She had been complaining about not being able to find tissue boxes to coordinate with her kitchen. Fun-fun!

Still working on a prayer shawl and CCS Valentine motif #2.

I did the final piecing of the growth chart yesterday. I still need to soak the stabilizer off of the applique letters. I think I'll sandwich and partially quilt the base before applying the appliques. Baby steps:

• * Cut fabric for backing and binding (so I know how much I have left for the applique hearts)
    * Soak applique letters
    * Sandwich
    * Quilt
    * Place applique letters and hearts; quilt around them
    * Make hanging tabs
    * Bind
    * Label