Crafters Challenge July 15th-21st, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It seems a good many of you made progress last week on projects! WTG!!!!!

WE LOVE hearing what you do and enjoy pictures if possible.

I doubt if I get to do any crafting this week but will see.

Tuesday night I think I will go to a quilting guild that is starting up in the town I work. I have always thought it would be interesting but here a couple meet during the day (I/m off every other Thursday but they are on Tues. and Wed. monthly), one place is on Saturday (I work every other so would make 5 or 6 a year) there is a place that meets evenings but like 55 minutes away and not sure I could make the start time. Anyhoo this would be right here. A lady that lived up in northern IL and moved here is starting it. She had 300 members in the one she use to go to. I am looking forward to it and hope it works out. First meeting was last month.

What is on your crafting list for the week?

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I'm still crocheting snowflakes. The one yesterday took HOURS! For 4 rows! I kept making a mistake at the beginning of a row, ripped it out and started over. Then ran out of thread and had to start over again. Crocheted myself to sleep - I hate that - made more mistakes, finally finished it at midnight. 14 done - woo hoo!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
No real plans. Would like to finish the rug I am crocheting, doubt I will this week.
Need to get moving on a few more CCS that I want as Christmas gifts, I would also like to do some ornaments to celebrate DD first Christmas out of home.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I made bridal shower invitations today.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well I made some things today, but only one was on my list, and that wasn’t really intended to be done this week. I made a machine embroidery zip pouch for scissors, etc. in Iris’ knitting bag; made a prototype advent mitten with red felt. I want to make them green, though, and determined that I will need to get more green felt. The prototype turned out very nice! Then I made a pin cushion necklace for my sewing kit to take to the lake. I thought it would go together quickly, but it took a little longer than anticipated. Then I decided to Google how to make some pattern weights. I found a cute tutorial using yo-yos and washers. I didn’t have washers, but was able to fill a larger yo-yo with BBs and then seal the opening with a smaller yo-yo and hot glue. I made 4 of them. They turned out cute.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Everyone has been so busy!!! Love catching up on all the crafting that has been going on! We've been CRAZY busy this summer but I have recently accomplished a burst of crafting:

- Completed two felt food "brownies" that will be added to collection of felt food that will be Sept birthday gift for a close friend's little girl

- Completed pattern and cutting out pieces for felt cupcake ornament (Christmas gift)

- Completed pattern and cutting out pieces for 3 felt snowman ornaments (also Chr gifts)

- Finished a felt stocking ornament as well except for adding ribbon for hanging it

- Used my wonder under to trace, fuse and cut out applique pieces from wool felt that will decorate two fleece blankets I am making as gifts this year. One will have woodland design I've done before for a different person. The other will be a design out of my head - branches in black, berries made of red felt circles and red cardinals - which are the pieces of wool felt I've got cut out. Fleece is washed and ready to square up and do the fringe.

Have made a very small start on sewing first of the snowmen ornaments, hope to continue on it some this week. But we are gearing up for another camping trip, DS has first karate class one night as well. And then the weekend after that I am flying to CO to visit a dear, dear friend I have not seen in so many years. I can't wait!!!

Will keep trying to sneak in the crafting time though! I should take a kit with me for the long layover - if I can take a needle on the plane? I wouldn't be able to take scissors to cut my threads - maybe I could take precut pieces and just bite off the ones I need to as I finish sewing with a length of it? Crazy that I even have to think about that!

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AuntJamelle ~ Great progress you're reporting! Check with the current TSA guidelines. I always take small scissors with no problem (the guideline is or at least was that scissors need to be under 4"). There are also some little thread cutters that use a tiny razor (kind of like the thread cutters on the side of a sewing machine) that are supposed to be okay to travel with.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Today is my do little things and get them out of the house.
I had 4 pairs of shoes to deal with so this is what I did. The other half of them went into the trash (unless I decide to do one for myself). Notice cleaning off the counter wasn't on the list. lol
IMG_0680.JPG

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ahorsesoul ~ How darling!

AJ ~ You're welcome. Hope you have a great trip.

I put up a couple more pictures on my blog. Would y'all rather I add them to my posts here? I will still blog about them, since I also use the blog as a record of where I found patterns, information on knitting yarn/needle size/stitch count, etc.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD do add them here... I read from work at noon and can't access the blogs and I forget at night when i get home.
I went to knitting lady yesterday and she redid the part I had bungled up. Now I'm good to go. will be bringing some knitting on our trip next week but not the socks (requires too much attention).
Ordered some wool online at walmart yesterday, had a clearance sale

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD, how is the cat collar working?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ. Would a pair or nail clippers work instead of scissors? They are small sharp and might be safe enough for on a plane. Just a thought.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Went to a quilting guild tonight. Second meeting of it --- my first. Thinking of names now. Next month will do fabric postcards. She had a talk about feed sacks/seed sacks and samples of each.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The knitting bag for Iris together with the zip pouch for scissors, etc.

Reactions: GrammaDeb

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Here are some pattern weights and the necklace pincushion (my favorite kind). rt02s6.jpg http://[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/rt02s6.jpg

Reactions: GrammaDeb

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Careful what you wish for! LOL

Ahorsesoul ~ The jury is still out on the cat collar. He has caught a couple of birds since we put it on him, but none in the last couple of days. But, then, it's been pretty hot, and he's been hanging out in the bedroom where it's cooler. I did get some bells to add to one of the collars, but DH hasn't put that one on the cat yet.