Crafters Challenge July 2nd-July8th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to July and Christmas In July if you are doing any of it!

It seems this is the time of year I REALLY think of what I might want to make. I think about Christmas often but getting on a time frame with homemade items now.

What are your plans this week? You gals are doing AWESOME on your projects. TFS photos and information on them. LOVE IT!

I need to go order the Spelling Bee pattern by Lori Holt a Riley Blake design. I would love to do it.

Have a GREAT crafting week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This week will be knitting! I have to work on those socks if I want to learn to do them by myself and then be able to make gifts of them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ I’ve always found hand-knit socks to be very well received! And they are fun to do, too. Are you knitting two at a time?

Lana ~ That’s a cute pattern!

I finally finished a couple of cards and wrapped the quilt. Pictures are on my blog if you are interested.

Some things I could/should work on this week … especially craftermath control, but it may actually need to be put off for about a week and a half, since we are going back to the lake on Thursday:

• Craftermath control
  • CCS motif for August anniversary card (DD#2 and DSonIL)
  • Pillowcase dresses - 3 (just need to get ribbon to finish them off)
  • Felt Christmas stocking kit
  • Start quilting Moda Terrain quilt

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good morning Crafters!!! :) Happy first CIJ week!

I finally got going again on craft projects yesterday! Cut out the felt for making a slip on-slip off cover for a Meade notebook - I'll be embroidering it in a pretty pattern. Also cut the pieces for two little felt purses that will be stocking stuffers. Got the button sewed onto one of them and was just working on the button hole when WHAM! Door flies open...

...and there is my husband come in from the garage holding his bleeding hand. And off to the ER we went! UGH!!!!! He took the tip of a finger off with a drill! So that took up most of the rest of the evening, as you can imagine!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I decided in the ornaments Im making this year. I always do some type of personal ornament for us and special friends. Im doing scrabble tiles with names on them. I have ordered all the bits I will need from ebay.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD yes she is making me knit 2 at a time
You'll be glad!

AuntJ ~ Ouch! Glad it wasn't more serious, but that's bad enough! At least it wasn't fireworks!

Tanya ~ Decision making is half the battle! Good for you.

I’m going to Sew Fun with Kathy this morning and then a stop at Hobby Lobby for some DMC floss and ribbon for the pillowcase dresses.

Then, hopefully, back out to the garden for more weeding. Great weather for it this week.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
AJ, Wow, not something you really need to see bursting in on you. Praying for fast healing.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
AJ hope he heals fast from that.

First time since Saturday that I have touched the computer to get on. I have gone back to making cupcakes for Kenny's party just cheaper for me with everything else. Kayla will bake them Friday while I am at work so that I can frost them Friday night when I get home.

Kenny's centerpiecesx6 (hoping I have red craft foam in my craft stuff since kids buying it all before graduation to decorate to put on their caps for graduation and three stores are still out of it)
:)spray paint clay pots
cut out 2017, grad cap, runner
put together
:):)awards boards x5
cut cupcake toppers x200
try and get his tshirt quilt done
photo frame for photo booth

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, guys! It has been an interesting few days to say the least!!! :(

As far as crafting goes, I have made some progress on the first felt "purse" - have started the embroider pattern - just an outline of a simple cloud shape and then I'm working on dozens of French knots in different colors that will be the "rain"

Also did some card making yesterday too - used the Cricut and got one of the two cards almost completely assembled. Just have to tie a bow in baker's twine and glue it and a button down. I'll post pics when done!

These two cards are for a couple of October birthdays. I need to make a couple more for Sept birthdays too...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The pillowcase dresses are done except to put a little fray check on the cut ends of the ribbons. Also, I'm making good progress on a CCS motif for an August anniversary card. I still have to decide what to do/make for a card for DSonIL's birthday, but I'm thinking I won't try to make one. I need to spend some time on the felt kit Christmas stockings.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AJ, I posted the other day that I hope he was healing good but evidently didn't press the post reply.

DD, good job on the dresses getting done.

Allen brought me a serger last night at an auction. Paid $22.00. It is a singer 14 U44B. Will have to find time to mess with it. I know several who like them and several who don't. I have never messed with one.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
A serger for $22?? wow! I've never used one but would love to try it

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Great buy on the serger! I took a serger class, and the most important thing is to learn how to thread it. She had us thread and re-thread over and over again. I still get confused with the upper and lower loopers. I used mine around all the raw edges on the pillowcase dresses. I hope you like yours!

I did no crafting yesterday except for packing it up to bring to the lake. I'm fighting a cold, so all I really want to do is nap.

There's a picture of the pillowcase dresses on my blog.

Last edited: