Crafters Challenge June 16th-22nd, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning All!

Month is halfway thru! They fly by ever so fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for some spider man fabric. For freezer pop holders. Have some crayon fat quarters I found and will use if I don't find other.

What are your plans for the week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will continue to work on the pink hearts, I am doing all the fronts first and then will sit down and construct them all.

DD asked me over the weekend if I will teach her to knit so I think we will start with knitted dish cloths, a nice easy project for a beginner.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well I am putting the stuff for Kayla's room on hold for a couple of weeks. I will work on them here and there but need to get to lumber store to get wood since I can't use any I have around here. I do have enough stuff to get done and I really need to start working on Christmas gifts.

First off I really need to get my craft room cleaned out and organized.

shirts for Kayla and Kali for Dirks Bentley concert in two weeks

Buffet for craft room:
clean
sand
paint
figure out what I am going todo for top (starting to lift not sure if I want to take off or glue down)

My cup
sand again
put decal on
final coat of epoxy

Brother's girlfriends kids Popsicle holders (x2)

Isabella
Popsicle holder
/blanket
shirts (x3)
rocking horse (redo it, I forgot to grab from my moms basement. Was going to redo for my great niece but cost to send to NM from NY would have been way too much)
sippy cup

Emma
blanket
Shirts (x4)
cup

Kali
blanket ladder
cup
wine glass

Makayla's room
:cool:finish wreath
tin flowers
vanity
vanity bench
end of bed bench
paint dressers
night stands
blanket
attach her head board to bed just have it against wall right now

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Nice list Kim. It must be nice to have all your Christmas gifts figured out already. I get more inspiration last-minute, but do have a few things I could/should work on now.

We arrived at the lake yesterday. I brought the lake loft quilts to try to get sandwiched (the backings need to be pieced); the CCS owl which just needs a few small butterflies and then a goodly amount of backstitching; and some knitting … oh yes, and the garden spiral table topper which also needs to be sandwiched and quilted.

Added to my list to accomplish at home are a couple of gifts. DSisIL made a quilt for her StepDD and has fabrics left that she was contemplating making some coordinating coasters with. I offered to make a coordinating tissue box cover, and she liked that idea, so she's going to send me some fabric to make it with. Also, I got a college graduation announcement from a friend's DGD, so I wanted to make her a small zip-purse and put some cash in it.

And Iris is arriving on Saturday (from Alaska). She says she is planning things for us to do together but won't tell me what they are.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hellloooo all!

I've finished the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree embroidery hoop ornament!

Cut out pattern for, traced felt pieces and cut out felt pieces for Hei Hei (from Moana) softie I am making for a friend's little girl

Cut out pattern, traced felt pieces for and cut out pieces for two orange "slices" DS requested as a toy for his Ninja Fruit game pretend play, lol

Side Note: Hit a great garage sale this weekend, brand new/never used Stampin Up stamp sets for $2 each, large wooden mount background stamps for a quarter each - even found a Sissix die I don't have for $0.50! Was so happy!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ sounds like you got some great bargains at the garage sale.
I need to go through my cupboard and see if I have knitting cotton for DD knitting project. I have plenty of spare needles but may need to purchase cotton if I have none here,

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Greetings from a very ,very wet northeast Ohio. We have tons of standing water but we are not haveing the flooding as many other communities, praise God. Good thing I have a quilt to work on because we can’t do a thing outside.
AJ, garage sales are so much fun, never know what you will find. You hit the jackpot!
I’ve been working away on my quilt. First time using a actual pattern so it’s going together pretty easy. Lots of little pieces though, I’m going to make some notes so I can remember to make some of the squares “my way” so not so fiddly.
I took my first class to learn my serger. It was one on one which was nice. Learned a lot and it’s easy to run. Will have another class on how to overcast.
Have a class this week on using my embroidery software. Husband loaded my software for me :).
Stay safe every one.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Myron's Mom ~ I, too, often use my own tried and true methods of assembling quilt blocks, rather than following the pattern directions. It's great that you are taking classes. Makes the learning curve smooth out a bit.

I was foiled in my attempt to sandwich the Lake Loft quilt tops. I brought the batting and backing, but left the quilt tops at home. I sure don't know how that happened. I thought they were all together in the bin. Instead, I pieced backing and "birthed" the garden spiral table topper. I decided not to quilt it yet, though, because the machine I have with me doesn't have the stitch I wanted to use. I worked on the May CCS owl and made some good progress.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have looked in the stash and have 5 or 6 balls of cotton in colours that DD likes so I think we are ready for a knitting lesson.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Trying to get Kayla's wreath done before I go to bed tonight. I am almost done. I was hoping that I would get my flower boxes done before rain started today but at least now they just need flowers. So hard to go outside now after rain today we got about 5 weeks worth of heavy rain in 5 hours today (news quote). There is flooding everywhere.

I have the fleece for Isabella's blanket which I will either get to tonight or tomorrow. I also got a text from one of my good friends whom is the sister of my childhood best friend (whom passed two years ago) that their mom had just passed. They found out she had cancer thru out her whole body a couple of weeks ago and would not make it long. She has a bunch of her nightgowns she wore all the time as being house bound for the past few years (many medical problems). She brought me over a few to make quilts for her and one of her brothers (they both have taken care of her for the past few years) as a birthday gift for him in a few weeks. So I really need to try and get those done asap for them.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I started cutting out the tote I want to make to take with us to the ball tournaments. The lining fabric I bought from HL is WAY off grain and it wasn't cheap, either! :( And I don't have the receipt anymore. :confused: I always keep receipts...for several months, so I don't know what I did with it. I'm using three different fabrics and washed all three. The other two are fine, but this one...awful!

I'll do what I can until I can get something else.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I am not a jewelry maker! However, I did give it a try and I have many beads and findings that I no longer want/need. If any of my dear MHH family or their friends would like them I could arrange to ship them out to you.

Can't really describe what is there but it is a nice size box full. I also have two beading books I can include.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm going out on a limb here, y'all. Would any of you happen to have McCall's pattern 4851? I have lost the second page of instructions for the tote I'm making. :(:(:( If you do, would you be willing to take a picture and send it to me? Thanks.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Today is crafting day!!! EXCITED to be able to do some. Finishing up a few last minute things on CIJ ornaments and decided to make another.

Jane, I only have a few purse/tote patterns and I looked and not one of them.

Debbie are they big beads or an assortment of big and little? I do not do jewelry (even tho its been a thought but do not need to add more stuff) but I use beads once in awhile with ornaments depending on them.

At lunch I finally went to get some flannel for burp rags and wash cloths, some material, paint, thread, batting and it was $157! Of course with the flannel I got 1 1/2 yds each so hoping to knock out some of the gifts for 4 babies that I know of coming.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Today is crafting day!!! EXCITED to be able to do some. Finishing up a few last minute things on CIJ ornaments and decided to make another.

Jane, I only have a few purse/tote patterns and I looked and not one of them.

Thanks, Lana! My 1st cousin's daughter has TWO of them!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jane ~ So glad you found a source for the missing pattern page!

Lana ~ Enjoy your crafting day!

I'm not sure what my day will bring except that it's bring Iris on the plane this morning. I anticipate that she will have plans (as she says) for things for us to do together for a couple of days before the rest of the family arrives.

I would very much like to finish the May cat CCS though, as I made very good progress on it last night.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ I am no where close to figuring out all of Christmas list just a few things I have thought about and a few things requested from two of my nieces. The baby at two weeks old is too young to tell me yet but I am sure as she grows she will have many requests for me which is ok that's what this Aunt is for.

I got Kayla's wreath finished last night and currently working on the baby's blanket. I am thinking of different ideas on buffet I keep changing my mind. Also have ideas going thru my head on my dining area and also on a chair I want to make for a friends grandson's 1st birthday in a little over a month. I seen an idea a couple of years ago but I think I can figure something else out that will be better and cheaper to make

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD did well with the knitting yesterday and seemed to enjoy it. She will have a completed dish cloth very soon I would think.
While I was there I started a dish cloth too, hope to finish it this week.