Crafters Challenge June 18th-June 24th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome! Welcome!

The end of this week will definitely bring us to 6 months before Christmas!!!!

I am not really sure of what Christmas sewing I will do. If any.

DD, I have some material I have always thought of doing a pillowcase dress. With the tie I would like it to be sewn besides just thru.

I need to shorten the straps on the presmocked white eyelet 1 seam dress I sewed for Teigan.

Trying to pick out the 12 days of Christmas item yet.

DD, sorry your one class wasn't as informative as you would of liked, They gotta get that sales pitch in.

What is everyones plan this week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I really appreciate your starting off the week! I found with the first (and only so far) pillowcase dress I made for Iris that the ties would come out (somehow) in the wash, so I finally tacked them at the center point. I think that solved the problem. I’m not sure if you meant to sew the ties together at the shoulder. I considered that, too, as with little ones, if you don’t knot them, they can easily untie.

I thought I would work outside some today, but I’m not sure the weather is going to cooperate … in which case more time to work on the quilt.

I’ve also started to kit up a CCS motif for an anniversary card, so I’d like to get that started soon (an evening project). That means that the felt kit Christmas stocking will be on hold for a bit.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Quilt is done and on my blog.

I've got lots more ideas for quilts .... been surfing the internet.

In addition, I’m working up a “cheat sheet” for yardage required for some of my favorite quilt patterns and others that I’d like to try. I’m going to print it off and carry it in my crafting shopping bag. When I see fabric I would like to use I can pick a project and know how much to buy … supposedly … I really like to find coordinating fabric on the flat-fold (sale) table for some future quilt or something. I also found a fabric calculator app for my phone. Now I just need an excuse to use it!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD - beautiful quilt!

My 40 snowflakes are stiffened and tagged. They have been put away. I need to find a way to wrap them now. Hopefully next week while on vacation I will have time for some crafting.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Very nice quilt DD! So sweet of you!

Lucie, your snowflakes will be appreciated too, they are cute.

I am thinking of maybe making a couple thread catchers for Christmas gifts and then the microwave holders to remove foods----the bowl covers in different sizes.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks Lucie and Lana.

Lucie ~ Great to have those snowflakes done so early!

Lana ~ How are you making your thread catchers? I want to make some, too. I found this
video tutorial and I also have the springs to make these.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DD very nice quilt

I have not been able to craft at all since my last post last week just too busy to get to anything at all. Kenny has to much senior stuff going on these past two weeks. I did get to see him in his cap and gown yesterday. He had rehearsal and senior walk thru elementary and middle school, was able to go to his elementary while they were there. Hopefully this coming week I will be able to get his t shirt quilt done. No races this weekend at all since it is graduation weekend they are all off. I do have my nephews grad party on Saturday.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I found a pattern on line that I printed out and I also purchased one. I have a thread catcher that I got thru a swap and I use it all the time. Teigan will empty it and put thread in a baggie for the birds nest. We collect it all winter.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thank you, Kim.

Lana ~ I need a thread catcher. When I'm sewing I throw my threads "towards" the waste basket under my table, but I mostly miss it, so it's all over the floor. I also need a pop-up one that would be great when I'm taking my sewing machine camping or to the lake or to a class.

I got a start on the pillowcase dresses (3) for DGDs. I brought my machine to the lake to maybe work on them a bit here. I want to put ruffles around the bottom of them.