Crafters Challenge June 24th-30th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This weeks challenge will end the month!

This week I will:

package my CIJ ornaments

make the baby washcloths and burp rags

and............ sure let me get these items done!

What is on your craft list?

Happy Crafting!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I really need to buckle down on my shadow box I have yet to finish

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished a small knitting bag last night. The pattern is actually from a tutorial for a reusable grocery bag, but I like mine for small knitting projects. This bag is for Iris.

We’re leaving for the lake on Monday. I need to decide what crafts to take. I have a couple of knitting projects started (prayer shawl and cozy travel afghan for Iris) that are good to go, together with CCS. I will probably take a sewing project (UFO quilt) that I could work on. I left one of my sewing machines over there, so don’t have to pack it up.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
for those interested I found a crochet group on FB (it's in the US) and they do crochet hats for chemo patients with free patterns for the summer. No place around here to donate these hats will try to find a place.

It's called Hooked on Homemade crochet Community. There is also a blog here: https://www.hookedonhomemadehappiness.com/crochet-along-for-a-cause/
it explains it all.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, TFS!

So don't fall over everybody but I did make 6 burp rags today. Couldn't find my pattern so had to free hand them.

I was going to put the hanger onto the CIJ ornaments and decided to do 2 more things to them. So now after my shower I will put hangers on them. Would like to cut the washcloths out and sew them yet too, but will see. It is almost 8:30 here.

DD, at the lake and crafting sounds like a good deal to me!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
End of the month crafting. Nearing the end of the rug I am doing, determined to use up the last of the girl type wool. Then to start a more male type rug.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I knit on an afghan for Iris on the way to the lake today. She had brought a rather raggedy blanket with her on the plane, and really loved my soft "cozy" afghan that we had in the travel trailer. So I'm working on one with similar yarn as a travel blanket for her. It's very soft! It's a yarn by Premier called Parfait Layers , color frosty blue. It's variegated white/blue and a teal/white/blue mix. Looks and feels great. Very nice to work with too.

Reactions: luludou

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I wanted to start sewing fleece blankets but the dining room table is stacked with all sorts of stuff - hopefully dsil cleans it off soon. Instead of sewing, I'm back to crocheting, working on blocks for my winter afghan again - I might finish it some year. I also picked up a couple balls of really thin crochet thread for snowflakes. I'll be sitting under my lighted magnifier for that project.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD, the colors sound so pretty!
  • They truly are. I think they would coordinate beautifully with the quilt I made for the travel trailer. Might have to make an afghan for the trailer.
I'm going to do a little work on a card for the baby gift today. I printed out four pictures of a cute little whale and will make a layered card with it.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I love to crochet - my grandmother taught me the night of my first date with DH in high school 48 years ago. Yikes - surely I'm not that old! The first step of my new snowflake pattern said to make a magic ring. What? Thank goodness for YouTube. There's always something new to learn. Except for the arthritis in my fingers, it feels good to crochet again.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
GrammaDeb, my mum taught me how to knit and crochet when I was perhaps 7 years old. I am a decent knitter and do do most things. I am a basic crocheter cannot follow a pattern and can only do chain and treble. Still enjoy it though.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I made Teigan a pillowcase dress out of peppa pig material this afternoon. Was fast and cute.

I cannot believe this week I have finished the CIJ ornaments and wrapped them, 6 burp rags, 7 washcloths and a dress.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ The pillowcase dresses can fit for a long time. They just get shorter and become tops. Iris still wears one of the first ones I made for her quite a number of years ago. My profile picture is of the three DGDs in their pillowcase dresses last August.

I'm making progress on the cozy travel afghan. I only have about 10" left to knit. I learned the magic knot method of joining yarn which seems to work well for this yarn. Time will tell!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the 2nd crochet rug. I cast on too tightly and it pulls on the bottom. Nothing I can do about it. Hopefully it will keep someone warm and they won't notice that it is wonky.
Have started a 3rd rug and have done the chain much looser.
Lana, you are certainly in the crafting zone this week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Finished the 2nd crochet rug. I cast on too tightly and it pulls on the bottom. Nothing I can do about it.
Can you wash it and kind of block it into a little better shape? I'm sure you are right that someone will enjoy it regardless!

Finished the knit cozy travel blanket today at the lake, but when I get home, I want to put a little fray check in a few spots where the yarn colors intersect if it doesn't add a stiffness to the blanket in those spots. Will test first.