Crafters Challenge June 9th-15th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My Friends!!!

Rose hope you are feeling better.

I ordered a couple of barbie doll patterns today. Mom always has a hard time affording Christmas for all and doesn't want to draw names so I might see if she will use the patterns and make Teigan some stuff. Maybe for great nieces too.

Didn't get to the store to buy fabric for CIJ yet.

What are your plans?

Have GREAT week of crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I WILL get at least one week of Project Life done this week. I'm still working on 2018 - I'm up to October.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It’s July before I can get a ultrasound/x-ray on my shoulder so I will just have to deal with the pain till than. Thankfully it’s not to bad but makes it slow going.
Maybe they will get an opening sooner! Somebody cancels.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hello My Friends!!!

Rose hope you are feeling better.

I ordered a couple of barbie doll patterns today. Mom always has a hard time affording Christmas for all and doesn't want to draw names so I might see if she will use the patterns and make Teigan some stuff. Maybe for great nieces too.

Would be really cool if she used some of her old clothes as fabric.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Would be really cool if she used some of her old clothes as fabric.
Diedra, I love that idea. What a great thing to have from Grandma.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mom always has a hard time affording Christmas for all and doesn't want to draw names so I might see if she will use the patterns and make Teigan some stuff. Maybe for great nieces too.

Would she be interested in decorating and hand writing some recipe cards with her favourite recipes on them. I am sad that I only have a few samples of my Grandmothers hand writing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have done no crafting at all in the past week. Need to get back to it.
I have a bot of sewing to do, I need to hem a table cloth, shorted the bathroom curtains from the farm and shorten the sleeves on a work shirt. Want to try sewing the flannel face wipes for DD too.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well I had the windows I was using for Kayla's night stands sitting on the porch and both fell during a storm one broke so I need to look thru my moms barn and figure out two more windows. I also need to go buy some wood to make the frames since my dad doesn't think what I have is going to work for me. I will do that Thursday after work so I can get this room pretty much done Friday and Saturday

My cup
make and put decal on it
third layer of epoxy

Makayla's room This will most likely take a couple of weeks

Paint dresser
Paint other dresser
Make foil pan flowers for her walls
:)Put hooks on tiles I already made for her room
/Wreath for her wall (have base just about done)

Night stands
/sand windows
build the frames for them
paint

:)Head board
:)have my best friend bring me over the picket fence she has I am using for head board
:)sand fence
:)paint

End of bed bench
build
paint
put fabric on top (which I have to remember to pick up tomorrow since it matches her bed set perfectly and on clearance for $1 a yard)

Vanity
build
Paint

Vanity chair
build
Paint
put fabric on

Makeup shelf
build
Paint

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We’re headed home tomorrow from a trip visiting relatives. I will have hours to work on the wedding afghan on the drive home. I’m on the next to the last skein; and don’t know how much of the last one I will actually need. I should also be able to finish one more tissue box cover (for a gift). I have a round tablecloth to cut bias binding for and sew on. I also plan to continue working on the May CCS owl, maybe do some machine embroidery on a sweatshirt, and/or work on a new table runner.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finally checking back in! Life has been....brisk!

Charlie Brown Christmas Tree ornament - Cut backing piece and did blanket stitch around the edge - just need to glue on, add hanger and that will be done!

Finished 4 "bear holding present" felt ornaments

Made 25 "Hope you have a Poppin' Good Summer!" tags for end of school year classmate gifts

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48043470378/in/dateposted-public/

Finished one simple snowman felt ornament

Finished one burlap wreath meant as gift and have the other half way done - just need to decorate

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48043470523/in/dateposted-public/

Made hammer and work gloves gifts for Father's Day! Gloves have a tag with them that says:

"See these gloves daddy? They don't fit me just yet, my handprints are on them so you never forget. I'm only small for a little while, so remember my hands and remember my smile. I love you daddy, with all my heart. No matter how much I grow, will we never grow apart."

The hammer has vinyl letters on handle that say "Being an awesome Dad? You Nailed It!"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48043470668/in/dateposted-public/

FINALLY got around to stripping old lights off of the wicker yard reindeer I got at a garage sale 2 YEARS AGO - and replaced with new lights. It looks great! All tucked away for this year!

Made a small start on a felt dachshund ornament but got something all over it and will have to cut body pieces out again - ugh!

Have been slowly working on felt doodle design mermaid ornament...

Made a graduation card...

I think that is all!

This week I want to keep working on ornaments! Have several kits left to work on! Also want to trace felt circles for make felt flowers to decorate fat wooden clothespins I'm making magnet sets out of - then I can cut them out, cut into spirals when I have the time.

Oh, and because I am completely insane I ordered the pattern and felt for make a Hei Hei toy for a friend's little girl. (Hei Hei is the chicken from the Disney movie Moana) - the felt came yesterday so I need to cut out the pattern pieces and get that started! I'm excited - I love making toys!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Nice work AJ! I have lots I could/should be doing, but don't seem to have much ambition today...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ love the red burlap Christmas wreath, it is gorgeous.
Worked on pink heart ornaments last night. I have 10 cut out. This is a bit trickier as there is not pattern as such and each one needs to come from my imagination. :rolleyes: Anyway, will see how I go.