Crafters Challenge March 12th-March 18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This month will be halfway gone at the end of the week!!!!

Not sure once again if anything crafting will get done at this house hold during the week but shall see. Have some more evening meetings.

What is on your list for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks, Lana, for starting this week's thread. I hope you get some crafting time in.

I hope to finish a few things this week ... knit shawl and knit moebius scarf; two CCS motifs; maybe two puzzle ball bunnies.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I have been working on knitting my first dishcloth, about 3/4 of the way done on it. Also worked on cutting out pieces for a new felt ornament kit, almost done with prepping that. And I cut out pieces and picked out buttons for two felt sachets I'll be making as well. Plan to fill them with Epsom salts + a few drops of essential oil - will make nice gifts for putting in a drawer to make clothes smell nice.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Hoping to get some things done this week main goals are to finish nieces tulle wreath and card box for some graduation party. Also need to get an idea from son as what he has decided about doing for senior night for track which will be here before either of us can blink. I already have his final senior night gift. Hard to believe he has already had his cross country and indoor track ones. I had someone do a 11x14 drawing of him in uniform (which is his uniform for two out of three seasons). I should have it today or tomorrow. Just need to have framed. Also need to find out what he wants todo for coaches

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Kim ~ Senior year is such a busy time! What are his future plans?

We're having record-breaking rain here in the Pacific Northwest! It's warm enough that it does not mean snow in the mountains, therefore our ski season is probably over. So today, DH and I are planning to work on a wallpaper project in the travel trailer.

I'm making progress on the Nature's Harmony CCS (now backstitching), and little baby steps on the puzzle ball bunnies.

I've got a couple new entries on my blog if you're interested.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well I finished knitting the washcloth and it's a train wreck. lol I misunderstood the pattern on the second half. Will try again!

Also did a small amount of work on one of the felt ornaments, hope to do more today!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am going to my mom's next week and am going to pull together my CIJ ornament stuff to take with me. I just have to decide what I want to make. I am so indecisive this year so many ideas,

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Forced myself to decide on CIJ ornament and bought the fabric for it yesterday after my dentist appointment. A couple more items and it will be ready to go.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hope to finish a hat today and start a new knit project.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I was at a bit of an impasse with the bunnies, as I couldn't get the faces the way I wanted them. The I had an idea to try my embroidery machine to do them. I have a digitized design ready to try out and determine if it will look good and if it's the right size.

I picked up my sewing machine that was in the shop. All appears to be in order, so it will become my travelling machine. I also exchanged a ruler foot for the correct size for my new machine which I will use at a quilting class next weekend. I'm really excited about the class. I think I got all the different sewing machine parts sorted out to go with the right machine (3 machines), so that helped with the craftermath control.

And I finished the Nature's Harmony CCS, so it's ready to be incorporated into a throw pillow cover for DD#1's birthday. I had some fabric I was planning to use, but I think she might rather have something with more blue in it. Going to Ben Franklin tomorrow and will see what I can come home with.

DD#2 received her quilt in the mail and said she loves it!