Crafters Challenge March 18th-24th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Friends!!!!

Notice another month is half way gone!!!

Lucie, loved your clothesline craft!

AJ, cute blanket!

DD, desk looks so nice and I am sure you are glad to have it all in place now.

What does everybody have planned for this week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks, Lana! Everything is not quite all in place yet. The other side of the room that you can't see is rather piled with craft supplies that need to find a home.

This week, I need to do the Craftermath Control in a big way (company coming on Tuesday afternoon); and I'd sure like to get the "Easter" dresses (3) done in time to mail them for Easter. If that doesn't happen, they will just have to be "spring" dresses. LOL

I've finished the potholder and just need to sew some coordinating fabric to some dish towels to complete the gift.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I didn't craft but upon getting home from my sisters I took in 2 pairs of Teigans pants, fixed under the arm of one of my shirts, sewed in some material on a pair of Aunt Imogenes black sweat pants so can write her name in them and fixed a place on one of Teigans dress up dresses. Felt good to be on the sewing machine even just doing that stuff. :)

I saw a new potholder I wanted to do using jeans and the pocket and putting batting in and a backing. The pocket with several inches around it to make a square. Can either top stitch and use pinking shears or sew and turn. Found it on Nancy Ziemans blog.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I worked on ornaments last night. It was enjoyable.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am longing to get back in the crafting room. Just MIGHT still have time to do the Easter cards I had wanted to make for this year - just making 4 of them if I can.

I have some craftermath to tackle first- once again my craft area has become a dumping ground for misc. things - bits and pieces of projects - newly purchased supplies that need to be put away and so on. UGH!

Goal this week to is to WORK ON THE WREATHS for the auction!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Cleaned up craft room - for the most part anyway! Brought supplies for making bunny bags for classroom treats downstairs...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for the nice comments on the Leprechaun laundry line :) it was super easy to do.

I need to print out the pattern for 2 other felt ornaments... a puchkeen (munchkeen?)... funny cats for 2 nieces in pastel colors and a monkey for dnephew

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lagging behind this week with anything crafty. I am looking at printing out some of the beautiful pictures that are on facebook and blogs that I can use for decor for our Spring in September. Other than that not alot is happening here.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I decided that I didn't like being able to see all the PIGS in my new semi-clear storage drawers, so I cut some poster boards the right size to fit in the front of the drawers, and covered them with some of my SABLE fabric. They look very pretty now!

Today I finished the moebius scarf. It's nice, but I could have picked out a prettier color of yarn, I think.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great job on the scarf, DJ! It's nice to cross a project off the list!

I finished cutting bunny bags and gluing on all the "tails" last night. Tags are ready too. Tonight I will pick up the last of the treats to fill the bags. Hope to fill them and tie them up tomorrow!

Made the tags for teacher/aide gift bags last night as well!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
When I took DD7 to the craft store to buy some remnants to practice on, DD4 saw a set for making a CareBears pillowcase. She begged for it. I told her there was something wrong with it and took it to the lady at the counter, who obligingly caught on to my ruse and told DD4 one of the pieces didn't look right. She told DD4 she'd call her if any more came in and took her name and phone number. Meanwhile, she rang it in along with the remnants and hid it in my shopping bag.

So.....I began this little project the other night. I am useless at sewing. I must have ironed those little cotton pieces for an hour without getting all the wrinkles out. Then, I tried to line up the edges, and found they weren't even. Since there was a stripe on the fabric, I thought it would be noticeable if it was crooked and began my attempt to even it out. By time I was finished my 2" piece of accent fabric was about an inch and a half wide. It still wasn't even, but I figured I'd better give in before I made it disappear completely. I managed to get the pieces pinned together when the baby woke up. Then she stayed awake for the next three nights. I have one week to get this thing made, so that is my challenge for the week.

I'm sure to anyone who sews, a pillowcase must seem like a ridiculously easy project...but to me it is the equivalent of scaling Everest. I know I need to sew one straight line to attach the main fabric piece, the cuff, and the accent piece, but beyond that I can't even understand the written instructions.

Wish me luck!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
FS check out youtube videos for how to sew a pillowcase video. There are a couple of methods may be one will explain your written directions better.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good luck, FrostyShimmer!!! We're pulling for you!

I started pinning ruffles on one of the wreaths for the auction last night - made decent progress before I was too tired to go on. Now that I've started it I should be able to keep going! I find that is how my mind tends to work - getting started is the hardest part!

I also made 4 Easter cards yesterday - very simple design on front - and just stamped Happy Easter inside.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/40969612291/in/dateposted-public/

Will work on filling and tying up bunny bags tonight!!!

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
FrostyShimmer ~ I wish you well on the pillowcase. It probably doesn't help your concentration on a new project when you have baby waking up in the back of your mind!

AJ ~ Your card is darling! It's between the KISS principle and "less is more".

I'm in similar sewing mode as FrostyShimmer only with a dress that is a little more complicated. I think I won, though. I should have a talk with Ben Franklin. They have a sample of this really cute dress that is made with a border fabric; so I bought the pattern and the exact same fabric they used. The pattern is definitely not designed for use with a border fabric, as the hemline curves up and you lose a lot of the border. I think the person who made the dress had to have cut the skirt different than the pattern called for, which is what I'm ending up doing. The top of the dress isn't that easy to sew together, but I managed the first of three. I probably would have finished it yesterday, but I need to get a zipper. I'm also waiting for better measurements from DD for Iris' dress. I really think these should be in the mail on Monday to get there in time for Easter. TFL!

Reactions: AuntJamelle