Crafters Challenge March 19th-25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to a new season starting tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have lost out on crafting time---just wait till we can be outside.

Jody, great job on getting started on the CIJ---picking it out! I am down to 3 or 4 to choose from I think.

DD, hope the faces turn out--can't wait to see them. Glad she received the quilt and likes it.

I did get some more material. I am thinking for the 12 Days of Christmas swap to maybe do an Easter table runner. Will think on it yet. You can make whatever you want and it can be 12 different items if you choose. I did 4th of July last year. Will see yet.

What are your plans?

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DD- son is going to continue to run in college he went from spending three high school years getting a head start on a engineering degree to now changing his mind and going to physical science degree (so much he can do with it without other schooling) and minoring in history which he will only have to take one class to fulfill that in college. He will enter college as a sophomore with his high school college credits which is our high school offers many thru many different colleges around. He thinks he has his decision down to three colleges out of 6 right now he had decided then changed his mind. He just has to decide which division he wants to run, he doesn't believe he will be any good in division 1 but has had many schools approach him. He just needs to figure out which will give him the best education for him.

Still didn't get anything done last week so hoping this week I can get something done. Think we have figured out coaches gift found the perfect saying for both this years coach which has been his trainer for two years and he has already asked previous coach to be there for their final senior night and this is perfect for him that was his coach for three years from the boys

Graduation card box done

nieces tulle wreath
what are plans for senior night gifts??? Wish he would decide I have given him a few options
take picture to uncle for him to make frame for Kenny's senior night gift (came in and am in love with it)
take stuff that has to go into Kenny's shadow box that my uncle is making so he can get a size for it
felt food (start of it anyways) for a birthday gift and some for my bugger since, he begged me for a kitchen set when I had him the other day
finish up pallet bunny for outside
Easter mesh centerpiece
picture frame painted that I bought awhile ago

Oh I know there is more to finish up but not sure what at the moment

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks Lana for starting up this week's thread. It helps me keep going and I really enjoy hearing about what others are working on.

Kim ~ It sounds like your son has a good head on his shoulders! Great plans, with hard decisions to make.

I hope to make progress on the pillow cover with the Nature's Harmony CCS motif. I need to pick out some fabric for it first. I'm trying to keep up with my CCS goals which includes cards for 4 birthdays, plus 4 Easter ... then along comes Mother's Day! Some of the cards usually end up being made with machine embroidery motifs.

I also want to finish the bunnies and a "secret chair" for my DGDs for Easter.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Yesterday I bought the fabric and made plans for the pillow cover I want to make with the Nature’s Harmony CCS. I also got some laminated fabric to make a toiletry bag for Iris for her birthday (her Mommy’s suggestion). I found a tutorial for a little bag that I want to try. I think it will be too small for a toiletry bag, but might be just right for a bag I want for myself. So, I’m thinking I’ll make a prototype for myself and then calculate how much bigger I want it to be for Iris’ bag. Two birds! I also got a cute bunny face made for one of the puzzle ball bunnies, so the other one should go more easily. I’ll have to disassemble the previous one I tried, though, since I have already sewn the other pieces to it. And I started a CCS motif for DD#1’s BD card. I’m just wondering if I have time for the Easter ones I had wanted to do. Those may have to be machine embroidery designs.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

How's everyone doing? Busy I suppose!

Check out my blog if you want to see my spring tablecloth (for outside table). Finally something for ME!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks for the comments on my blog posts.

This morning I cut and sandwiched a piece of fabric (stripe) to make a quilted topper for my wicker chest (again, something for me). I love the fabric which has chickadees on it and beautiful blue color. I was going to make a table runner with it but decided I don't have the right size table. I'll have leftover fabric that I could make a table topper for my dining room table and perhaps some coasters.

I have the pillow top all pieced and the pieces cut for the back. I need to get some backing fabric in order to quilt both the front and back of the pillow cover.

I want to wait until after my quilting class on Saturday to quilt both the table topper and the pillow. I might have new ideas (I hope).

So for the rest of the afternoon, if I don't dust, I'll work on a small bag project or the bunnies.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Worked on my mother's shadow box of her nursing items. I have two sets of three photos, her nursing name tag, a stethoscope and some old glass needles with some very wicked needles. I'm looking at it for a day or two before attaching them down. Then I'll send one to my brother. This has been a project long over due to finish. Next I'll be looking to see if I could do one of these for me with my nursing items. I do not have a good photo of me in any nursing uniform but I'll have to make due.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Haven't done much crafting lately :( Did work on one of the felt sachets last night though. It's close to ready to sew up - will probably wait to fill it until closer to Christmas so it doesn't lose it's scent.

I made a start at cleaning up my craft room area this morning - it had gotten pretty rough up there and I want to make it more inviting. I also added a new comfy office chair to my Amazon wish list - maybe something I'll get for my birthday in August - I think that would help me spend more time up there as well. Right now I'm just using an extra dining table chair and the hard wood gets uncomfortable after a while!

I have SO many crafts planned for Christmas, I need to get CRACKING!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I found some (5) unused kitchen towels that I gave my mother a couple years ago. I am crocheting toppers to go on them. Dsil loves them - he will get them for Christmas.

I looked at CCS & crochet pattern books in Joann's the other day. There are so many cute ideas. Who am I kidding - I can't finish everything I have already started.

Tomorrow is Rudy Day again...already. I will make another CIJ ornament.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AuntJamelle ~ I find a clean crafting area very motivating! I can only seem to get mine about half clean, though, before I find myself starting on something else to mess it up again.

GrammaDeb ~ I like those towel toppers, too, especially for our travel trailer, as they stay put!

Diedra ~ I agree, would love to seed the shadow boxes.

I’ve had a semi-productive craft week so far. It seems like two steps forward and one back sometimes, though. I’ve had to re-cut several pieces of fabric for the pillow cover and made at least one false start on a toiletry bag for Iris. I did not run the sewing machine needle through my finger, but I did manage to get it so close that it tried to rip my fingernail off, and did actually rip it back a bit, so it’s bandaged and sore. I’ve been able to successfully knit a few rows on the wedding afghan, but only after having to repeatedly tink it (knit backwards) and re-count stitches.

I did get the toiletry bag done and it’s on my blog if you care to take a peek.