Crafters Challenge May 21st-May 27th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am starting this thread a couple hours before the 21st BUT....... that way it will be up....earlier than the last couple weeks!

I did buy some red/white/blue material to make Goosey a dress. (concrete goose on front porch) Isn't done yet but just got the fabric on Thurs. Eve.

I have started getting the supplies for CIJ ornaments so need to try one.

Lucie, love the snowflakes!

What is on your list for the week?

Unbelievable that Christmas is in 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a SUPER GREAT crafting week!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
6 months!!! EEK! Doesn't seem to compute! :)

I bought my yarn needle! Haven't used it yet, but soon.

Spent most of the weekend doing a major overhaul and declutter of the whole upstairs, which includes my crafting area. Did finally have some time on Sunday afternoon to sit and work.

Got felt ornament kits cut and prepped for 5 ornaments and also am started on cutting pieces needed for a little cat themed altered Altoid tin toy I'm making for DS's stocking.

I also finished the last tissue box cover last night! Finally!

Hoping to next prep kits for the sewing accessories set I've got planned, and I've got another felt ornament to pull together a kit on as well.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ those Altoid tin toys are so cool! can't wait to see the one you are making.

I crocheted 2 more snowflakes today.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Same list have been working on bottles need to order more vinyl I do have enough to finish some up. Now that kids are in post season sports it will free a little time up. No matter what they both will be done no later than June 9th since that is the last day of school and the track State meet unless he wins that then we will be making a trip to nationals two weeks later which would be great.

-finish nieces tulle wreath (Just need to decorate and get wrapped)

-cut labels and other stuff for the wine bottles (have quite a few done already)

-finish up putting labels on wine bottles and get them out of here

-Kenny mason jar bank he just seen at Walmart he has to have I can make with scraps I have here

-Design for Kenny's graduation party invites since now we have a date

-changed mind on card box found another one I like for grad party so going to get the stuff for that this week x2 since my friend want's one for her daughter also

-cupcake toppers cut out for 200 cupcakes for grad party

-start working on centerpieces for grad party

-mugs for SIL (I agreed that she can pay me $5 plus cost of materials) for the two mugs

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We're back from our glamping trip. I did quite a bit of CCS on a motif for a birthday card and a motif for a wedding card. Not much left to finish them up. I reached the point of binding off the Seahawks scarf and need to decide how I want to do that. We're leaving again on Thursday to spend a few days at the lake, so I'll pack up more CCS and some knitting ... not sure about sewing. I think it's time I started working on DGDs' felt stocking kits.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im not doing anything crafty at the moment....

Just wanted to say Lucie I love your snow flakes!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did patch a pair of jeans for Ryans friends daughter.

Teigan and I sewed a pillow together on Sunday. Have to stuff it yet.

Still need to get my pictures off my computer to flashdrive before I can download any.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
On our trip I purchased some lighthouse fabric to make a French Press cozy for our trailer. I made it yesterday, except for adding the Velcro to the ends. I need to get the Velcro today.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Me again!

AJ ~ Your stitching is ... again ... amazing!

Lana ~ What fun to sew with Teigan!

Lucie ~ Beautiful snowflakes! How many are you making?

Kim ~ How's it coming together?

I got the French press cozy all finished with Velcro and it's on my blog. It was a fun, quick project for ME!

While shopping for the Velcro at JoAnns, I found some wonderful fabric that loved me back, so I bought 3/4 yard of each. I also found fabric to use for a sampler free motion quilt for a class I'll be taking in a couple weeks as well as some fabric for a new sewing machine cover. My other cover doesn't fit my new machine.

Must give some thought as to what projects to take to the lake.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD - I plan on making between 32 to 35. I've got 20 done & stiffened. They are not that long to make, I'm just taking my time. Would love to see your cozy.
AJ - your stitching is beautiful.

I'm starting to think about my staycation at the end of June.... a week at home! dh will be working. I've got some chores I'll do early in the morning and then I want some ME time.. and of course that includes crafting and working on Christmas!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ that is the cutest
AJ love it

I have one set of wine bottles done and out of my house and car delivered the 60 of them this morning. She hadn't gone to the bank yet to get money for me and was supposed to drop it off tonight but never did. I am not worried about getting paid for them since I know she will do so, she forgets things then when she realizes she has money sitting in her wallet she knows what it is for. She has done it a few times to me. I will text her in the morning.

My brother brought me stuff to start working on his bottles next but that will have to wait until at least Saturday to cut out. Kayla had third round of sectional play offs tonight, which they won by one run. Kenny has sectionals tomorrow night, leaving early my mom wants to show me where my grandma's parents and many other family members are buried since we are going to be in the town where they are buried. She said she remembers it completely and hasn't been there in almost 50 years.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD - Would love to see your cozy.
It is on my blog ... link in my signature.

Kim ~ Glad to hear you are making progress!

I haven't done any crafting today, but put together plenty to keep me busy at the lake. I did end up bringing my sewing machine and a UFO quilt to work on if/when I feel like it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD - you do beautiful work! I left a comment on your blog.

Did a few more snowflakes during the week. I think this weekend I'll plan out crafts for my staycation :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished another felt ornament and have made a decent start on the 3rd and final one in this style. Also created a "kit" for another style of felt ornament and did some more work on the altered Altoid tin play set. All the pieces are cut for that - I even had time to glue in some pieces. Can't wait to finish that one and share!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks Kim and Lucie.

I decided I want the Seahawks scarf (which is really a cowl) to be a little longer, so I’m still knitting.

We’re at the lake, possibly through Wednesday or Thursday. I brought a UFO quilt that I may work on, but it would be inside sewing, and the weather is gorgeous outside, so not sure. I have other crafts I can work on outside for sure.