Crafters Challenge May 7th-May 13th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Have been getting texts from my SIL tonight asking how much I would charge her to make a couple of things. I have a very hard time with giving anyone in my family prices I would just rather make and give to them.
What I do in a case like that is to tell them I would be glad to do it, but in lieu of them paying me, they could make a charitable donation. I usually say they can pick the charity and any amount they choose, but if you have a specific charity you like, you could suggest it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Thanks for the felt information.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ the one charity we donate to is a family donation and that is to the Ronald McDonald house in memory of my nephew so that won't work. They however let me have anything I want at their house. I thought about doing them and saying they were for letting me have Kenny's graduation party there. I do know she will end up giving me money somehow she always does normally sending my niece in with it when she brings her to me since I take her alot

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just want to see where I am and if I got anything knocked off the list at all this week. I just made replacement mug for one of Kenny's coaches, putting that on my blog along with the craft I did this week with my favorite 3 yr old for his mommy.

-Figure out what shirts I am using for Kenny's t-shirt quilt and start deciding what is going to go where, he has quite a few that say Champion on the back I would like to use those as well, from different invitationals. (will be easier to work on since his girlfriend just came home today from college so he won't be around as much anymore)

-finish nieces tulle wreath (Just need to decorate and get wrapped)

:)pick up wine bottles from Becki and have kids start removing glue when they have a chance

-cut labels and other stuff for the wine bottles (have quite a few done already)

-Kenny mason jar bank he just seen at Walmart he has to have I can make with scraps I have here

-Design for Kenny's graduation party invites since now we have a date

-changed mind on card box found another one I like for grad party so going to get the stuff for that this week x2 since my friend want's one for her daughter also

-cupcake toppers cut out for 200 cupcakes for grad party

-start working on centerpieces for grad party

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I finished the last CIJ ornament today - I need to decide packaging. I'll look online for something cute.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
two more things to do on the CIJ ornaments and will be ready to package.